Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automatic videos

Automatic Videos: Dear Yahoo Mail, please ***** right off with automatically playing videos when my mailbox is empty. There isn't a human alive who actually wants this feature. It is insanely annoying, especially when I'm at work. This one "feature" and the fact that there is no way to opt out is a solid reason for me wanting to drop my yahoo account entirely. I mean seriously, every time the video pops up, I get a tad murdery.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Options for scheduling email in website & app, Sorting on unread emails in app

Please provide option of scheduling email at later date/time in yahoo mail website & app. Also, on yahoo mail app, provide an option of sorting on unread emails, so that out of thousands of emails, only unread emails come on top.

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. block entire domain

We need the block function to be more clear. For example, if I un-check "Send all future messages to Spam" does that mean it will automatically delete any email received from a blocked sender? Or does that mean it will just let the email go to the Inbox?

Secondly, we need the ability to block an entire domain. If you're less technically inclined, that means I need the ability to block everything from the part of the email address after the @. So let's say I get a bunch of messages from different people but they're all @loseweightfast.org. I need…

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Product Support responded

We appreciate your feedback on this option. Checking the ‘Send all future messages to Spam’ should cause emails from that sender to be directed to your Spam folder. Unchecking that option should simply block the address.

It is also possible to block a domain. This can be done by accessing your blocked list within the settings menu. Please take a look at the following help article for more information:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN16025&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

4. font size

Need to be able to easily change font view size. I can barely read my emails on current view and can't seem to find a place to make a change.

44th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please remove the Looking for something help pop -up when viewing emails its driving me crazy. I'v tried moving it several times and it wont

Please remove the Looking for something help pop -up when viewing emails its driving me crazy. I'v tried moving it several times and it wont. Its annoying because it blocks emails we are trying to view. Please help thinking of going with gmail only because of this annoying pop-up that wont move or leave. At least give us the option to close the pop-up bc I can't stand it anymore blocking my emails

45th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the Spam folder searchable

For the purposes of Search, please treat the Spam folder like the Trash folder: allow it to be specifically specified to be searched in, but do not include it in the list of folders for the default search. In other words, if I leave the location as "All" then right now the Trash is not searched - but if I want to search Trash then I can. Please do the same with Spam. As users have notes in Yahoo Answers,, there are hundreds of email in the Spam folder so we cannot search it manually. So please allow us to…

46th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enforced upgrade of Yahoo Mail

Dear Yahoo (Oath),

Instead of forcing people to upgrade to an unpopular version of Yahoo Mail that many people have been very deliberately avoiding, how about you let us choose whether to upgrade to a "new" version that is less reliable or continue to use something that WORKS?

You are apparently upgrading to be upgrading and according to your email will not even give users the choice between which version they end up on. Thank you so much for looking out for us; you are very good at angering users, especially those who have stuck with you for many, many…

46th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I hate seeing oath.com!!!! I just want to check my mail but it comes up each time!!

I hate seeing oath.com!!!! I just want to check my mail but it comes up each time!!

48th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 48th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. get rid of top results

Get rid of the top results view. There is nothing useful about this feature.

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ad-free mail?

I'm paying for ad-free mail. So why are the damned "Expiring Coupons" in my way? (Seems like a lot of spam lately, too.)

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. error 14

Error 14 on my mail, cant see important emails. Tnx Yahoo.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. STOP THE BANDWIDTH KILLING ADS

Stop the bandwidth sucking videos. Nix the Anorexic Fashion Chicks. Those potato sack clothes are really hanging on just skin and bones. If you want us to click on some of your ads so you can make some $$$ then let us chose what we want to see or give us an ad survey. In case you haven't guessed it we are in a global depression. Listen to us and we sill come. ScribeCave.com.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Product Support responded

For some of our ads, you can click the ‘X’ on the upper right corner to let us know why you don’t like it. After you click ‘X’, you can select from the multiple options to tell us why you don’t like the ad:

• It’s distracting
    • It’s not relevant
    • It’s Offensive
    • Something else – Give us your detailed feedback

We’ll review your feedback and make changes as needed. We’ll try our best to block the ad from appearing for you again.

Your feedback will help us identify bad ads and adjust those we display in the future.

14. GIVE ME THE OLD EMAIL BACK

Doesn't work properly. Tired of sending feedback. Tired of trying to make it work. What a disaster. Use it for work and is ruining my life! Can't paste pictures onto email and hate the look of it.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Spam folder doesn't indicate new mail

My Spam folder used to show how many new emails it contained. This was a handy tool to remind me to check that folder for email that was not Spam. Now I don't see it. As a result, the last time I checked, there were messages that were about a month old, and a half dozen of them were not Spam (which is why I check the folder.) Please restore this feature ASAP

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I hate new email update. I'm going to search a new venue to get emails. Why don't you let people who don't want to change to leave us alone.

I hate new email update. I'm going to search a new venue to get emails. Why don't you let people who don't want to change to leave us alone.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to Change Language

Please have the option to change the default mail language to English. Though I'm from Malaysia but I'm not so good at Malay and it's very difficult every time use Yahoo Mail.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow styles and stylesheets in the head of an HTML email

Recently Yahoo updated their mail applications (web and native may both be effected) and introduced an issue that makes it tough for HTML email development.

Please see this link for more information: https://litmus.com/community/discussions/5836-yahoo-app-no-longer-responsive#comment-9435

It seems that Yahoo is stripping the `<style>` element out of the `<head>` causing issues with media queries for responsive HTML.

Could somebody at Yahoo elaborate what exactly is happening on your end - and can this change be reversed please? Or can Yahoo provide alternative suggestions to building HTML email in a way that is supported cross-platform?

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tired of deleting emails you don't use?

Tired of deleting emails you don't use?

The above message greets me every day when I access my Yahoo Mail. I'm then presented with a list of addresses, and asked to mark the ones I no longer want to receive email from.
    The problem is, it doesn't matter what I do here, I'm presented with the same message the next day.
    This happens day after day and it's very annoying.
    Surely there's a way to prevent this from appearing all the time.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Paul Hasak, turn off less secure access to your inbox Please disable non-Yahoo

Stop getting this annoying pop up every time I open my email:
    ................ turn off less secure access to your inbox
    Please disable non-Yahoo apps that use less secure sign in methods from accessing Yahoo Mail. Not doing so may leave your account vulnerable to compromise. Learn more.
    Turn off access
    No, I understand the risks

60th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base