Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login

Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login each time?? Its such a PAIN. I DO NOT want to add, switch, remove my accounts. Do not try to control what we want. STOP it. Remove that Stu** feature. NOT NEEDED. Or at least give an option to OPT OUT of this feature.

64th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. get rid of top results

Get rid of the top results view. There is nothing useful about this feature.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tired of deleting emails you don't use?

Tired of deleting emails you don't use?

The above message greets me every day when I access my Yahoo Mail. I'm then presented with a list of addresses, and asked to mark the ones I no longer want to receive email from.
    The problem is, it doesn't matter what I do here, I'm presented with the same message the next day.
    This happens day after day and it's very annoying.
    Surely there's a way to prevent this from appearing all the time.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Spam folder searchable

For the purposes of Search, please treat the Spam folder like the Trash folder: allow it to be specifically specified to be searched in, but do not include it in the list of folders for the default search. In other words, if I leave the location as "All" then right now the Trash is not searched - but if I want to search Trash then I can. Please do the same with Spam. As users have notes in Yahoo Answers,, there are hundreds of email in the Spam folder so we cannot search it manually. So please allow us to…

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paul Hasak, turn off less secure access to your inbox Please disable non-Yahoo

Stop getting this annoying pop up every time I open my email:
    ................ turn off less secure access to your inbox
    Please disable non-Yahoo apps that use less secure sign in methods from accessing Yahoo Mail. Not doing so may leave your account vulnerable to compromise. Learn more.
    Turn off access
    No, I understand the risks

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I find it very frustrating how when I'm in an email and want to go back to list view, the system moves me to the top of the list.

It's crazy how when I'm in an email and want to go back to list view it defaults to the top of the list. It makes it nearly impossible to review and clear out emails in a long list. If this isn't fixed I'll have to switch email accounts

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The new yahoo mail is terrible. I want the old version back.

Please give us the option of either choosing the new or the old version. I'm not alone. Everybody I talk to is just as unhappy with the new version as my wife and I are. We hate the new yahoo mail. please reconsider. We might have to start using another company.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MISSING EMAIL!....

It is super frustrating to have emails just vanish. I have an entire folder of email that is just gone! Empty...I did not empty it...they were there yesterday when I left work. At first I thought it was just in the app but nope on a PC still not there. These are emails I have saved of communications with my child's school with issues we have been having. I NEED THEM BACK. I have nothing in my inbox past Aug. 26th...I did yesterday when I left work...again just vanished...WTH...GIVE ME MY EMAILS BACK please!!! asap!!!

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I hate the way the new email is! Is there a way I can go back to the old version ? I can not read it at all and can't find a way to send e

This new version of email is horrible!! I want all my headers showing so I can go down and delete all I don't want!! I can not read my email at all now with the tiny window!! I want a full screen to read my email! Whoever came up with that version should be fired !! PLEASE, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION AND CAN'T FIND OUT HOW TO SEND EMAILS, FIND CONTACTS, DRAFTS ETC. I HATE, HATE THIS VERSION!!

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want my previous version of Yahoo mail back.

You changed the Yahoo Mail version without asking. It is harder to use. Can I get the previous version back?

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Terrible "Contact Us" options

My yahoo email has stopped working on my iphone, nothing is working to fix it. I wish you had an email address for support, i would like to get an answer on how to correct this problem. I work from my phone and this is crucial to get operational.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ads should NOT play audio!

My idea is....DON'T AUTOPLAY ADS! Or any video for that matter. If I want to watch a video or a commercial, I'll click on it. And no, I shouldn't have to go to the ad and click on the X every **** time I look at my mail. By that time, the sound has already blasted into the office or wherever I am. This is so rude and believe me, isn't making me want to purchase whatever it is they're selling.

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use labels instead of folders

Use labels instead of folders

I strongly believe that Yahoo should allow us to use labels instead of folders for e-mails, like Gmail does.

Labels do provide a lot more flexibility, as it is possible to assign multiple labels to an e-mail.

With Gmail, every e-mail that comes in gets the Inbox label assigned to it, meaning it will show in the Inbox view. It is possible to create rules that assign additional labels to incoming e-mails.
    For example, assign a label called "Family" to e-mails from family members. Incoming e-mails from a family member will show in the Inbox…

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. app for windows 10

I guess you want to have all windows customers switch to gmail since the app is not available for yahoo mail in windows store.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. there should be a way to schedule when an email is sent at a later time or date.

there should be a way to schedule when an email is sent at a later time or date.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email has become VERY slow

I have used Yahoo mail for decades, it has NEVER been so slow. Now I know why, you have allowed us to be monitored by many, many trackers. Even though I can block them, it still slows down my mail and causes it to malfunction. It has only gotten worse the past few weeks. You need to find another way to make your money or perhaps I will FINALLY get a new email server.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow styles and stylesheets in the head of an HTML email

Recently Yahoo updated their mail applications (web and native may both be effected) and introduced an issue that makes it tough for HTML email development.

Please see this link for more information: https://litmus.com/community/discussions/5836-yahoo-app-no-longer-responsive#comment-9435

It seems that Yahoo is stripping the <style> element out of the <head> causing issues with media queries for responsive HTML.

Could somebody at Yahoo elaborate what exactly is happening on your end - and can this change be reversed please? Or can Yahoo provide alternative suggestions to building HTML email in a way that is supported cross-platform?

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back the CLASSIC EMAIL FORMAT. The new version is horrible

Why would you change something so many of your users enjoy. Even though you don't "support it" any longe, it was working fine and the new version is terrible.r

121st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base