Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT!!!

I wish I could just yell!!! STOP BOTHERING ME ABOUT UPGRADING MY EMAIL!!! I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE MY EMAIL!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

95th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo mail needs no improvement it is perfect.

I feel Yahoo mail needs no improvement as it is perfect as it is.

83rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove unwanted and disfunctional "Clip Coupons" banner from top of messages. Slows mailbox, and causing issues with simple email functions.

Please please please get rid of this feature or allow users to disable it. It has slowed down my email box function tremendously, and all of a sudden I am unable to delete a message while viewing it in read mode! If i click the garbage can to delete a message that displays this stupid clip coupon banner, the trash can icon just turns grayed-out and my email freezes. I have to delete any messages that display this "feature" from the main inbox list mode. Annoying!!!!

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make it easier for a yahoo customer to receive online support. I literally cannot find a way to tell you of a severe problem.

Please make it easier for a yahoo customer to receive online support. I literally cannot find a way to tell you of a severe problem.

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TURN OFF "Looking for somthing? Try searching for a person, business, or keyword."

TURN OFF "Looking for somthing? Try searching for a person, business, or keyword."

92nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return original language settings

Suddenly in my english language , all Computer programs, Yahoo mail has started to appear in Finnish that is my native ligo but not my Computer lingo. It is very disturbing as I do not know what the finnish Computer terms mean. Why do you make this type of changes without asking people are they comfortable with "enforced" assumptions?

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I hate the new download. Want my previous yahoo mail back.

Hate the new yahoo mail update. Want my previous one back now.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have actual Customer Service.

Why don't you have an easy way to actually ask for/get help with an issue? These forums are a waste of time.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Accessibility issues in yahoo mail

When displaying HTML email, the Yahoo mail preprocessor is removing accessibility code meaning people using assitive technology will have significantly more trouble consuming the information sent. They may not even be able to see it at all.

Attributes that are removed include; 'role', 'tabindex', and all 'aria-' attributes, as well as all HTML5 elements. When HTML5 elements are removed all attributes on that element are also removed, so any style, or class will be lost.

There is also an issue with the 'id' attributes being prefixed and 'for' attributes not so this leads to a missmatch which removes the function.…

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NEW YAHOO MAIL BAD

Go back to the old Yahoo Mail. The new mail is too difficiult and long.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let me change my account back to English language

After 17 years of using Yahoo as my main email address it no longer allows me access in English language. Why on earth would you do this? Please change it back as soon as possible.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add an option to receive read and delivery receipts on emails and allow the users to set the priority of the email.

It is a basic necessity to have features like read receipt and setting priority of emails, all services must provide them rather than us putting something like reply or urgent in the subject.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop the pop up ads. I can't write mail cause they are interfering with the keyboard

the pop up ads are interfering with my mouse and keyboard and makes trying to write or send emails from yahoo next to impossible. such as a 2 line email that takes more than 5 mins to write and send.........

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Product Support responded

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing these issues with Yahoo Mail. The ads shouldn’t be causing these issues. Temporarily disabling the Conversations feature may help. Please take a look at the following help article for instructions:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15805.html

Please also try closing your Yahoo Mail browser window and reopening before composing a new message.

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via the help form at the following link:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

16. Show number of unread emails for all folders

Show the number of unread emails. Only the inbox has this feature in the new version. Please restore this feature to all folders. Sometimes a new email gets put into the trash or spam folders. How would I know if anything like that happens unless I open and read every folder I have. A big waste of time. So much easier if I know up from there is an unread email in any folder.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the spam filter less intrusive far too many legitamate emails are not getting through due to your over zealous spam filter

Do Not delete the items in the spam folder automatically I have lost very important emails due to them being marked as spam and then deleted without my knowledge. Not happy with Yahoo Mail. Perhaps you could give me the option to turn off all of your spam filters as I seem to be able to determine what is spam or not better than you.

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Managing emails

Why can’t I do a select all to delete or move multiple emails at a time?

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Language Settings

Create a feature which will enable users to switch languages as they want. How can one of the biggest portals not even have language settings?

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. chromium

Please treat Chromium as it was Chrome.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base