Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Interface Language

You should add back the option to change languages and content into account settings. Not being able now to change the language is so anoying. For example, even if my ip address is different from the one I've created my account, and my yahoo mail language is one I've selected a few years back, the yahoo content page and the mail app dosen't change the to the current location, as i read in yahoo help. so please put back the option to change the language and also the yahoo content. will be very helpful. thanks

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. change Yahoo email so Pop download again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc

please change Yahoo email back so Pop access again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc. etc. Or put an option in Yahoo so folks can set the way they need.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  104 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why will you not disable the pop up "turn off less secure access to your inbox"??

I totally understand the risks after 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you think I forget that I clicked on this the day before (or an hour earlier)? Do you think I'm stupid!!!! It's to the point where I am seriously considering discontinuing my Yahoo account. I know Yahoo is "not cool" anymore but I've had this account since about 1999 or so.

64th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring iOS push mail back

If you want to be a global email service provider, please support all types of communication ways. Bring and fix iOS push mail system for iOS Apple Mail app.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Re-enable importing emails via POP

On April 1st, Fools' Day, the new updated version of Yahoo mail will not support the import of emails via POP. Sounds like a Fool’s day joke, please fix it for the rest of the year.

27th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow disabling of spam filters or allow POP3 downloading of all e-mails (including 'spam')

I prefer to download all my e-mails via POP3 and deal with spam at my end once they are downloaded. The Yahoo mail spam filters have too many false positive filters for my liking. A long time ago you could turn the spam filters off. This was great. Then you decided to remove that option for some unfathomable reason. But that wasn't the end of the world - there was a work around with filters but then you disable that. Still it was OK POP3 downloaded them all so it only affect me those rare times I used webmail. Now…

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. get rid of top results

Get rid of the top results view. There is nothing useful about this feature.

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete smart view folders.

Please, provide a possibility to delete all smart view folders without deleting the messages also. Those folders are not of any use to the end users of ymail, only for yahoo to make abuse of the messages that are put inside them. Or provide at least the possibility as in that other web-email-client, to mark any message as not belonging to any folder that is not wanted by the end users.

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Looking for something" popup

Please add a setting that allows users to toggle on or off whether they want the "Looking for something?" popup to appear. I don't want to have to close it every time it appears. I don't want it to appear at all! Ever!

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. turn off "top results" in email search

"top results" is horrible, very confusing, I just want all results in reverse chronological order, please have a way to turn this off

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make Top results optional or remove it all together

Even if you only make it optional please do something about putting the Top Results in my search isn't actually helping me. It makes the reading of my emails much more difficult. Most of the time the Top Results have nothing to do with what I am looking for.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use labels instead of folders

Use labels instead of folders

I strongly believe that Yahoo should allow us to use labels instead of folders for e-mails, like Gmail does.

Labels do provide a lot more flexibility, as it is possible to assign multiple labels to an e-mail.

With Gmail, every e-mail that comes in gets the Inbox label assigned to it, meaning it will show in the Inbox view. It is possible to create rules that assign additional labels to incoming e-mails.
    For example, assign a label called "Family" to e-mails from family members. Incoming e-mails from a family member will show in the Inbox…

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Return to sending POP3 mail identified as SPAM with [BULK] in Subject

Need to filter SPAM for possible errors in designation. Please return to including SPAM in incoming POP3 email with the [BULK] affixed to the SUBJECT line.!!!!

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. automatic videos

Automatic Videos: Dear Yahoo Mail, please ***** right off with automatically playing videos when my mailbox is empty. There isn't a human alive who actually wants this feature. It is insanely annoying, especially when I'm at work. This one "feature" and the fact that there is no way to opt out is a solid reason for me wanting to drop my yahoo account entirely. I mean seriously, every time the video pops up, I get a tad murdery.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow people to send calendar invites from any of my email addresses/accounts.

Right now I am forced to use my original email to send all calendar invites from rather than select from my business account. When sending an email, you are allowed to pick from all accounts; this should be exactly the same.

As an freelancer this is very unprofessional and forces me to find another calendar solution. I would much prefer to use Yahoo as I have the small business email and web hosting through here. I am considering changing if Yahoo can't fix this calendar issue.

I have seen many forums where users complain about this issue as well as…

104th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar or Notepad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A color theme where I get to choose the colors.

Why not have one color theme where I get to choose the colors - perhaps by color map or by RGB value. My system can display millions of colors and you give me 6 to choose from?

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get rid of, or make 'Smart Views' folders more customize-able.

I personally do not care for the 'Smart Views' folders... I have my inbox organized just fine on my own with personalized folders and filters as I see necessary. The presence of these 'smart' folders makes me feel as though I have duplicates of my emails in more than one place. I honestly wish I could just deactivate the 'Smart Views' function entirely!

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restore "delete spam immediately" as a user function!!!!!!!!!!!

This function NEEDS TO BE RESTORED!!!!!!!!!!!

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get notifications when emails are filtered into folders.

I have recently organized my emails with filters so they go into various folders I set up. However, now I do not receive notifications on my phone when I receive the emails. This would be a great feature since I might miss important emails if I don't get notified.

104th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please remove the Looking for something help pop -up when viewing emails its driving me crazy. I'v tried moving it several times and it wont

Please remove the Looking for something help pop -up when viewing emails its driving me crazy. I'v tried moving it several times and it wont. Its annoying because it blocks emails we are trying to view. Please help thinking of going with gmail only because of this annoying pop-up that wont move or leave. At least give us the option to close the pop-up bc I can't stand it anymore blocking my emails

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base