Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get rid of top results

Get rid of the top results view. There is nothing useful about this feature.

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. turn off "top results" in email search

"top results" is horrible, very confusing, I just want all results in reverse chronological order, please have a way to turn this off

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change Yahoo email so Pop download again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc

please change Yahoo email back so Pop access again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc. etc. Or put an option in Yahoo so folks can set the way they need.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  97 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "beta" login that rolled out last week doesn't set focus on the user name field

Within the last week or so, when visiting https://mail.yahoo.com, I see that there is a new login screen. The url includes the word "beta".

There's a bug in the new login screen though. The user name field doesn't automagically grab the focus. I have to tab to the field or use the mouse to click on the field to grab focus. I think y'all ought to make a simple unit test for that so you don't see the same regression in the future.

217th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autosuggest function

HATE the autosuggest function. I can't even write an email, so I am not going to my Yahoo email until you remove it. I could not even find out how to turn it off.

13994th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. put back sort and adjust columns

Put back these essential features: the ability to adjust column widths, the ability to sort by columns. dam. else i must find new email provider. Sheesh. so frustrating.

these should NEVER have been removed. wtf

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dear Sir/Mme, I have an idea for Yahoo emails. I suggest that the emails after they are sent to the recepients, they get double check marks

Dear Sir/Mme,

I have an idea for Yahoo emails.
    I suggest that the emails after they are sent to the recipients, they get double check marks. In this way, the sender of emails note that after they are read or seen by the recipient of the emails; right like the Whats App and other Apps alike.

Mehran Ashoori
    From Tehran, Iran
    Cell: +989122398305
    Email: mehran4276@yahoo.com

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why do I have to sign out twice?

When I forget to click for the second time to sign out, someone else can just log in to my account. That's just stupid. i don't have time for this. Please change it back.

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore "delete spam immediately" as a user function!!!!!!!!!!!

This function NEEDS TO BE RESTORED!!!!!!!!!!!

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ask before auto-saving drafts

I recently lost a long draft when I accidentally hit a key that deleted the whole content and closed without realizing it. If I had been asked "do you want to save?" (like in the previous version of Yahoo), I would not have lost hours of work.

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. search

Please stop with the annoying "Looking for something? Use our search feature!" pop-up! Once or twice, sure. But I've now seen it twenty times!! STOP, already!!

74th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why will you not disable the pop up "turn off less secure access to your inbox"??

I totally understand the risks after 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you think I forget that I clicked on this the day before (or an hour earlier)? Do you think I'm stupid!!!! It's to the point where I am seriously considering discontinuing my Yahoo account. I know Yahoo is "not cool" anymore but I've had this account since about 1999 or so.

217th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Looking for something" popup

Please add a setting that allows users to toggle on or off whether they want the "Looking for something?" popup to appear. I don't want to have to close it every time it appears. I don't want it to appear at all! Ever!

217th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Insert a tool which provide mail receipt. Now a days mail receipt is very much needed.

Insert a tool which provide mail receipt. Now a days mail receipt is very much needed.

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm trying to set up a filter/rule to automatically send a copy of emails received from a specific email address to my husbands email addres

I'm trying to set up a filter/rule to automatically send a copy of emails received from a specific email address to my husbands email address. I don't want to forward all of my emails (he is really not interested in my sewing and crafts emails). Having the ability to set up individual filters/rules would be AWESOME!

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you Add Promo Tab and Primary (genuine mail) Tab very difficult to filter to many Promo, Advertise mail are coming on Yahoo Mails

Can you Add Promo Tab and Primary (genuine mail) Tab very difficult to filter to many Promo, Advertise/ Spam mails are coming on Yahoo Mails

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Interface Language

You should add back the option to change languages and content into account settings. Not being able now to change the language is so anoying. For example, even if my ip address is different from the one I've created my account, and my yahoo mail language is one I've selected a few years back, the yahoo content page and the mail app dosen't change the to the current location, as i read in yahoo help. so please put back the option to change the language and also the yahoo content. will be very helpful. thanks

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Check box to TURN OFF KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS!!!! In critical messages accidents can happen ...

I just sent an email that was not finished due to mashing the keyboard accidentally and ctrl + enter sending .. I NEED to the ability to TURN THESE OFF. I was born with ten thumbs. Please help! xxxx <3

432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 432nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base