Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Please yahoo, change my yahoo email to Yahoo classic. Give us option whether we want to switch to new version or not.

Please restore my yahoo email to Classic version. You haven't given us options to choose whether we would like to switch it to new version or not. And I am speaking in behalf of many people to please change it back to Classic Yahoo mail.

Thank you very much!

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Reinstate the classic Yahoo Mail ASAP  ·   · 
    NASRIN ERMAGANNASRIN ERMAGAN shared a merged idea: LET YOUR COSTOMERS TO HAVE ANY VERSION THEY LIKE !!! I WANT MY MAIL CLASSIC BACK!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: RETURN TO CLASSIC AND FIRE THE MORON/S WHO CHANGED IT TO THIS ANNOYING FORMAT!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I do not like the new version of Yahoo I would like to go back to the last version  ·   · 
    Mary W. KayMary W. Kay shared a merged idea: I also hate the new format. Can you bring back the classic style please?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: change back to old mail format  ·   · 
    VictoriaVictoria shared a merged idea: I hate the new Yahoo Mail format. Confusing, non functioning, too slow, etc.  ·   · 
    charlie andersoncharlie anderson shared a merged idea: Idiots, you say you can not restore the old yahoo mail, why not listen to your customers?.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL EMAIL FORMAT PLEASE  ·   · 
    phill brayphill bray shared a merged idea: bring back original layout  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo email sucks bad  ·   · 
    mmickkmmickk shared a merged idea: In all my life I have never come across a more concomitant company what the **** do you call this its the most useless upgrade ever!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: I'M SURE YOU DO NOT CARE WHAT I THINK OR YOU WOULD NOT HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING WITH OUT ASKING PEOPLE FIRST. i HATE THIS PROGRAM I WANT TO T  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New email format is annoying  ·   · 
    meme shared a merged idea: I hate it! So many of my friends swiched to Gmail or other because this new system sucks so bad!  ·   · 
    Captain SensibleCaptain Sensible shared a merged idea: Why is no one listening..EVERYONE hates this new mail,bring the old Yahoo back,this new mail is terrible,PLEASE take action  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate the newest version of Yahoo. It sucks.  ·   · 
    NagarjunaNagarjuna shared a merged idea: i hate this new look.. old one is better..  ·   · 
    UT MTN MANUT MTN MAN shared a merged idea: Allow option to return Yahoo Classic  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I absolutely hate it. what were you thinking?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I agree with all voters who say they will change providers if the previous version is no longer available. Way too many probs with new one  ·   · 
    Melissa CornelisonMelissa Cornelison shared a merged idea: New format of sucks. .. .  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: HATE HATE HATE NEW FORMAT- GIVE ME BACK OLD  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate the modifications you have implemented to my Verizon Yahoo email. It is a pain to use. Bring back the old layout!  ·   · 
    Chester WhyteChester Whyte shared a merged idea: I don't like the new format of Yahoo e-mail. Will you please change it back to the way it was previously?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: mundayrm@yahoo.com  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This is the absolute worst email format you all have ever done!!! CHANGE IT BACK, please. I hate this email, I want my old one back.  ·   · 
    abab shared a merged idea: please bring back the old email format with all the features it had. the new format is really cumbersome and basically sucks.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the old my yahoo classic home page  ·   · 
    JERRY LANEJERRY LANE shared a merged idea: NEW MAIL SUCKS WNT OLD BACK. CHANGED WITHOUT ASKING. IT WAS WRONG TO DO SO.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: bring BACK CLASSIC MAIL & I CANT FIND MY PICTURES  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: LISTEN TO YOUR USERS FOR A CHANGE AND BRING BACK PREVIOUS VERSION OF MAIL  ·   · 
    WaverlyWaverly shared a merged idea: Yahoo mail sucks soooooo bad. I HATE IT> I want my old yahoo mail back  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: My opponion  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't like the new Yahoo Mail. Please give us a choice. Don't just dump a bad idea on all of us.  ·   · 
    Pamela SchrammPamela Schramm shared a merged idea: Bring back the old email format!  ·   · 
    Gulf MuscatGulf Muscat shared a merged idea: I HATE IT! PPlease bring back the old version of yahoo classic..facing problems in new Yahoo Mail view pane..is like gmail..i hate this view  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please give me the option of the classic view.  ·   · 
    michellemichelle shared a merged idea: I don't like the new format. PLEASE bring back the previous version.  ·   · 
    Steve BrantleySteve Brantley shared a merged idea: I think the new and improved Yahoo Mail needs to be scrapped and all developers fired.  ·   · 
    see abovesee above shared a merged idea: **** you Yahoo im done with with your ******* ******** you mother *******  ·   · 
    Bill dawsonBill dawson shared a merged idea: Your mail with changes is a piece of SHT !!!!!!!  ·   · 
    niknik shared a merged idea: I would like my old mail back.  ·   · 
    sherisheri shared a merged idea: i think your new yahoo stinks. It's beyond hard to follow, so, thank for the upgrade. I am soon to gone!!!  ·   · 
    matthew goodsteinmatthew goodstein shared a merged idea: New email is very confusing!  ·   · 
    WMFHWMFH shared a merged idea: Please change it back this is TERRIBLE, it's hard to read and it's hard to send emails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP CHANGING YAHOO SO MAY ******* TIME I HATE THE WAY MY MAIL IS SET UP THATS SOME ********  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I want the old email version back!  ·   · 
    Pop MirabelaPop Mirabela shared a merged idea: How can I go back to the before version?I hate the new one,not productive and complicated!What to change to have the older version?Pls!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop making Yahoo Mail less and less user-friendly!!!!!!! Where is the Classic View option???!!!!  ·   · 
    AnnoyedAnnoyed shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE OLD STYLE OF YAHOO  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Apparently Yahoo decided I needed to update to the new mail. So far it sucks. I cant send an email. I was perfectly happy with my email t  ·   · 
    JGJG shared a merged idea: I GIVE UP !  ·   · 
    JenJen shared a merged idea: I hate the new version of Yahoo mail. I have been a customer for 15 years, and I hate this change so much I will be changing providers.  ·   · 
    MEME shared a merged idea: I don't like the new design. Now it looks like gmail and it makes it very difficult to find messages!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i don't want the new version of yahoo.  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: new mail  ·   · 
    P. DoepP. Doep shared a merged idea: Restore Yahoo Mail to how it was 2 years ago, it was just fine then, now it s*cks  ·   · 
    FF shared a merged idea: Hate the new layout. Please restore the old one  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let us go back to Classic PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: new improved ?  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: absolute ****  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: new mail  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: classic  ·   · 
    Shirley TurnerShirley Turner shared a merged idea: I also agree. We weren't even notified of an impending change. Please put my email back the way it was.  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: effing **** !!  ·   · 
    bellibelli shared a merged idea: GIVE ME BACK MY CLASSIC MAIL, because the new one is unprofessional and sti k is ORRIBLE  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the worst new yahoo version , we are having a lot of problem with this new version the clasic was much more better  ·   · 
    VitoldVitold shared a merged idea: PLEASE! Many of your customers agree: We are want to return your Yahoo Classic Email!!  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: what do i think of yahoo mail ?  ·   · 
    GunelGunel shared a merged idea: Dear Yahoo team, thanks for everything. But this-time design and structure of yahoo mail is not good, it is very uncomfortable.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: return old home page  ·   · 
    IrrelevantIrrelevant shared a merged idea: The new Yahoo Mail is irritating. Give us what we had, which we were perfectly happy with  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let us go back to Yahoo classic email. The new email is terrible, stupid, slow, does not refresh properly, and generally bad.  ·   · 
    ROBERT THEILMANROBERT THEILMAN shared a merged idea: YAHOO SUCKS YOU CHANGED MY MAIL WOTHO  ·   · 
    ericeric shared a merged idea: i hate the new format, font, etc. i hate that you did that. i want the old one back  ·   · 
    David PenaDavid Pena shared a merged idea: Sept 24, 2013 The new change of Screen to view Emails SUCKS!!!  ·   · 
    DonDon shared a merged idea: Yahoo should bring back Mail Classic  ·   · 
    John HaynorJohn Haynor shared a merged idea: I am royally ******. Change the My Yahoo appearance and content back to the prior format.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How do I get back to my yahoo classic, I hate the new version, Where is the Facebook feed!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The change is bad  ·   · 
    Harold TaylorHarold Taylor shared a merged idea: E mail is the worst i have ever seen ,Please go back to the old style. why change when it works  ·   · 
    sherriesherrie shared a merged idea: Far Iess user friendIy than "cIassic"-- If I cant switch back Im changing t0 another, checking my options  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: kepp posting negetivity  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: Don't like the new mail  ·   · 
    bonnie bonnie shared a merged idea: Return to "Classic Yahoo!". It was easier to use than this newmess.  ·   · 
    tomtom shared a merged idea: HELP!!!! I hate the new beta ... Please change me back  ·   · 
    BenedictBenedict shared a merged idea: Thanks Yahoo for the motivation to change my email account to a reputable server. Your free service sucks!  ·   · 
    tt shared a merged idea: The 'new' yahoo is unusable. Mail ans Sports redesigns have been completely botched. Stop going backwards by going back to the "classic"  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This from an 18 year loyal yahoo user...Please go back to your former email format or give the option  ·   · 
    jimjim shared a merged idea: loved my old mail and you changed what I was so fond of for the last 5 years ?  ·   · 
    WayneWayne shared a merged idea: Go Back to the Classic version, or at least give us an option. If Its not broke don't fix it.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEW YAHOO MAIL SUCKS!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This new format is terrible. Please restore classic version ASAP. Thanks  ·   · 
    LestienLestien shared a merged idea: Please arrange my yahoo into classic format, the new format is confusing and it does not work for me. Plase do correction ASAP  ·   · 
    Susan WhiteSusan White shared a merged idea: the new email format just plain sucks. I pay for the email plus and I am ready to switch to gmail because yahoo keeps screwing with the acc  ·   · 
    BatmanBatman shared a merged idea: New Yahoo sucketh  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION OF EMAIL!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What I think can not be put in print!! HORRIBLE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR NEW EMAIL!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Have Have Marissa fire all the clowns who are responsible for the "new' yahoo email.  ·   · 
    bring back the CLASSIC bring back the CLASSIC shared a merged idea: listen yahoo , bloody listen  ·   · 
    Jim Jim shared a merged idea: Saving contacts very important. Classic Mail was awesome. New Mail is very time consuming to save and assgin contacts. I want Classic Mail.  ·   · 
    CC shared a merged idea: the new email plain sucks !!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    FredFred shared a merged idea: Allow us to change back to the old mail format, new format is morbidly slow.  ·   · 
    tony cruztony cruz shared a merged idea: go back to your old format your new one is terrible please  ·   · 
    jrjr shared a merged idea: PLEASE BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF YAHOO MAIL  ·   · 
    fpfp shared a merged idea: Why are you not paying attention to the fact that we all hate this new email? Why won't you bring back the classic yahoo email? I do not wan  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: It's not possible to switch back to the previous version of Yahoo! Mail for mobile devices, or the desktop version from a mobile device. How  ·   · 
    MARY STROVINK DAUKASMARY STROVINK DAUKAS shared a merged idea: Used to like it now I DISLIKE it very much  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I left my computer for 5 minutes, came back and all messages/inbox are now hidden, who is the assinine brain surgeon who decided to do this.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I find the latest version of Yahoo!Mail extremely complicated and user unfriendly.  ·   · 
    M.L.M.L. shared a merged idea: Problems with new mail (restore the Classic version)  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Why did you change the email????? It's all messed up! IM not there, new mail not displayed first! Hate this!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I am not use to this new yahoo mail,please i need my old yahoo mail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let us keep the old version of Yahoo Mail  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Yahoo Product SupportAdminYahoo Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Dear Yahoo! Mail users,

Thank you for your feedback and for posting your comments on this forum.

Once you have upgraded to the new Yahoo! Mail, it is no longer possible to switch to an earlier version. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We know it’s an adjustment to get started in a new interface, but we think it’s worth it: the new Yahoo! Mail is fast, easy to use, and available anywhere. To help you get started, see our overview of the new Yahoo! Mail: http://y.ahoo.it/R8C53

Best Regards

2122 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My major complaint is how the name of the sender is showing up in the new version. As an example, if I have been exchanging e-mails with Sue Jones. Yesterday the sender was shown as Sue Jones. Now it shows up as "Sue-Sue" Why? Also, I have several people I know named Sue, now I have no idea who is sending the e-mail as they all show up as Sue-Sue. Is there a way to address this specific issue? I have gone back to the basic version and will stay there until you fix this "Improvement" Also, I never chose to "upgrade" to the new version, so why did that happen?

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - by the "Classic" style I am referring to the functioning that was available back in 2012, this is a case where imitation is not a form of flattery - you are imitating Gmail and they are apparently losing their non-captive users in droves, primarily due to the almost universal inability for the average non-techie user to comfortably navigate i

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I change my primary email address? There are 2 emails shown to include one with sbcglobal.net tag which I do not want. I am not able to select the primary email.

• kim marucakim maruca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't change my old yahoo mail. you did. and I lost all my contacts and my emails. you keep wanting me to get into a Hotmail address I never even use, and I can't get into it, cause I don't remember it. I have no idea how to see what your sending in that old email account, cause I don't remember what it is. I want my old yahoo mail back. I never changed to a new one.

Let people who want new features, "themes", etc. have them without forcing everyone to change to accomodate these cosmetic features.

GO BACK TO CLASSIC THIS SUCCCCCKS HOW CAN I GO BACK TO CLASSIC IF I CAN'T GET CLASSIC I'LL BE MOVING ON

• r schneiderr schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seeing I don't have a choice I will have to change email account
        apparently you don't think much of your clients

• Rodney RolstonRodney Rolston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for a new home page. Yahoo has really screwed up. The old "My Yahoo" was just fine. Now I can't get my sports to appear or my weather.

Please help... I cant even read my email... keep getting error message about screen resolution

someone's brain doesn't work well at the yahoo mail center. They have no sense of logic, no knowledge of math or short paths , stubborn fools.

It was always easy, fast and available. These excuses are just that, excuses. The new mail is difficult to search past history, is not always contact entry friendly can be very slow and often is out of service. Its impossible to like and is a pity that you don't listen to the customers. You wasted your time and money to do and outdo what was perfectly good already. This compilling of messages that trail are tricky to forward and dangerous if you do not edit and test run to yourself. So where is the time saved Even the word edit is hard to figure. I never did figure that one.

I too- will be switching my account- this **** is so frustrating!! I am the chairperson of an organization and spend more time unraveling what is going on and re-sending and confusion to myself and my committee members, it is NOT worth it. HEAD OUT OF BUTT please!

I am very uhappy that the email that I was happy with was hijacked never to return

I dislike dislike dislike this New Yahoo email. I want it changed back to the Classic or Basic email PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...
        I cannot respond or email anyone, nor delete and my emails get lost to where I have no Clue.

Please for God;s sake change this yahoo mail back to Basic Mail

← Previous 1 3 4 5 106 107

Feedback and Knowledge Base