Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Enable alphabetizing folders in the Filters folder-destination down-drop menu. This would make creating filter MUCH easier. Thanks.

When creating filters for mail, the down-drop menu of destination folders is not sortable, but apparently based on age of the folder. Please reset the default to alphabetical or make alphabetical sorting an option.

Also please consider adding a filter feature ('Apply Now' or some such) to sort existing messages according to a newly created filter.

12th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    C. ChmidlingC. Chmidling shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sreed53Sreed53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a long term problem similar to sorting the filter names themselves. I would love to be able to run the filters on what I have in my inbox and other folders to get things in the proper folders. Sorting the filters themselves would put similar names near enough to actually find them. For example I had one filter named Bible ColdCase and one named Bible Cold Case Christianity. Yes they were trying to put the same mail in different folders. I was not happy.

• CarolineCaroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm confused. Why is there a message to state the Yahoo admin team is "gathering feedback" as of 9/19/13. Does this mean they forgot about the idea? It has been more than a year since the suggestion was made and it's ranked 18th as a priority according to the voting users.

Yahoo does need to consider better ways to use filtering and sorting. The old yahoo had features which were useful but many of these have been removed.

• CameronCameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my goodness this drives me crazy. Yes, please add on option to alphabetize!!

• S.R.S.R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% that it would be helpful to have an option to *view* the filters in alphabetical order. However, I would still want to be able to control the order of *processing* the filters.

The current interface for moving filters up and down in precedence is pretty lame. It would be nice if we could either drag and drop or else specify a numbered slot in the order, rather than having to move an individual filter specification up or down one notch at a time.

• CCCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if you can alpha folders iin Thunderbird, but you can sort emails by up to 18 features, of which 8 seem practical to me.
        I have most or all of the features Yahoo had by using Mozilla Thunderbird (FREE), including PRINT, sorting and tabs. I open my Ymail and G...., and ISP mail in one place. Thunderbird is highly customizable. I have no connection with Mozilla. Mozilla is a nonprofit, I think. I AM putting this comment where people are complaining about Yahoo email. Yahoo won't get my advertising views or clicks from using Thunderbird. Maybe they will respond to this. Yahoo needs to quit copying Google and Gmail. There is too much "sharing" with Facebook and other places. All are methods of advertising. Also look into Adblock.

Feedback and Knowledge Base