Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

All apostrophes are being converted to "'" in my messages when sent out.

All of the apostrophes are being converted to "'" in my messages. Others are having this problem too (many other posts on the net about this issue). It just started happening. Please check this out and fix it. Also, I couldn't find anywhere else to report this. A specific reporting phone number or"hotline" link for errors or bugs would be good.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fix the apostrophe problem!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hate the new email system. It is also using the words apos instead of using an actual apostorphy - both send and received mail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: ' This needs to be fixed asap.  ·   · 
    Ellen KurcisEllen Kurcis shared a merged idea: why does my typing the word "don't" result in "don't" when it is sent? It's correct when I send it!  ·   · 
    DennyDenny shared a merged idea: The "apos" problem is frustrating. I try to use correct punctuation but how without '  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why don't you get rid of the ' in place of apostrophes?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: yahoo mail does not fix its bugs!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate this new yahoo mail HATE HATE HATE and I also look stupid with the "apos"  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: fix apostrophe bug in composing email  ·   · 
    Sam LovellSam Lovell shared a merged idea: Apostrophes haven't worked for a long time i.e... "I haven't heard back"  ·   · 
    SkySky shared a merged idea: It's utter ****, the apostrophe no longer works so typed words contsining an apostrophe read as utter rubbish  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bug - Aposrophy now looks like this for about 3 days now - &apos  ·   · 
    R GarciaR Garcia shared a merged idea: How about when clicking to send Customer Support a message you actually get to send Customer Support a message.  ·   · 
    David RogersDavid Rogers shared a merged idea: What customer care? All I get is a loop of useless suggestions.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I am also getting the&apos instead of an apostrophe in both sending emails and receiving them. Please correct!  ·   · 
    heatherheather shared a merged idea: Help!!!  ·   · 
    LorraineLorraine shared a merged idea: I dislike what you have done to it. Now it works like the boards, which is horrible.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate the new yahoo format. Why are weird words like "apos" appearing in the email messages I send and receive?  ·   · 
    LydiaLydia shared a merged idea: Apostrophes appear as "haven't" vs. "haven't" in sent/rcvd messages. please fix it!  ·   · 
    Miriam HaefnerMiriam Haefner shared a merged idea: annoying  ·   · 
    KeenanKeenan shared a merged idea: Give me an address to send a problem to.  ·   · 
    gigi shared a merged idea: Words with apostrophe's are coming out as "isn't" in composed emails  ·   · 
    LMLM shared a merged idea: The ads are always freezing up the screen and I receive error messages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Non functional. People are not receiving my messages, especially if I include a link.  ·   · 
    Northern MusicNorthern Music shared a merged idea: URL LINKS in Signiture are all messed up  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: lettering being added to my incoming and outgoing emails  ·   · 
    Margot WalkMargot Walk shared a merged idea: Are you aware that instead of an apostrophe, one gets "'" & the site is slow  ·   · 
    prasenaprasena shared a merged idea: There is erros that appear after an email has been sent (i.e., &apos???) why does this happen & what causes it to garble???  ·   · 
    RebeccaRebecca shared a merged idea: I agree to previous comment... Why can I get no further than "select a poduct/category"  ·   · 
    Janice nelsonJanice nelson shared a merged idea: If you don't get apostrophe issue corrected in the next 48 hours, I'm closing my account!  ·   · 
    craig listercraig lister shared a merged idea: Whenever I type an ' it comes out as ('s) I only found out by looking at sent emails. Bug needs to be fixed. And I hate new yahoomail!!  ·   · 

234 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version is virtually unresponsive with dial-up.. without options to anything else that work either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your new mail page really stinks !! PLEASE give back the old page !!!!!! If you continue to go backwards, I want gmail.

• IsobelIsobel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a mess this new version is - certainly few improvements. I reiterate 'Anonymous' below. Please tidy the system up!

Thanks for the acknowlegement. BUT as I scroll down I can see how frustrated fellow subcribers are. Rather than add my name to the various similar problems that I'm also experiencing, I just want to ask- how long are all of us to wait before Yahoo puts things back the way they were? It's mind boggeling that in this hightech age that Yahoo could even allow this to happen and is taking a long time to remedy.I have to also consider changing to Gmail.

• Jim O'ConnorJim O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This change is very, very much dispised. It is an insult to me to change my surname. My sur name of O"Connor has been spelled that way for almost 2oo years that I can document.

Although I am able to open PDF documents sent as attachments (it takes forever now), I am unable to print the documents. It gets superimposed on top of my e-mail page! This is ridiculous. I did not have any problems with the old yahoo. I am planning to change my e-mail address with all of this carry on. I can no longer even OPEN a photo sent to me as an attachment!

• john train john train commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What has happened to the "SAVE DRAFT" tab when you're composing and not ready to send????????

• john train john train commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks for fixing the apostrophe problem. My latest problem is the way you've (again) messed up the CONTACT LIST. The "search option" at the top of the list is not working.....so the only way to get to the contact you're looking for is by scrolling down.

Why don't you all ever leave well enuf alone?!!!

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, we'll see whether it has actually been fixed. In the meantime another problem has surfaced with my Yahoo account. I can't open PDF documents contained in Yahoo messages on my laptop that runs Window 7. The old laptop with Windows XP does open them without any issues. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Very exasperating!!

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and another thing with my inbox, now when i reply to someone, instead of after sending the message going back to my inbox, i have to click on a box to go back to the person's msg first and then click on my inbox which i never had to do. i don't know what is wrong with yahoo but i am just about fed up and ready to move to gmail. this all started 10/1 and i have no idea why but the issue seem to keep changing from one thing to another.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well thanks for that but i have been noticing changes and glitches in other ways since 10/1 and now when i compose a new email to someone, instead of me being able to type in the first few letters of a name and then it appearing in the TO box, i now have to go into my contacts, click and insert the email address or just manually type in the whole thing. i have no idea why this is happening all of the sudden but it is 10 times more annoying than the apos issue

Yahoo's attitude i.e. "those of you who have been able to follow instructions correctly to communicate to us" is SO CONDESCENDING!!! As another poster commented..."Wow - that is rude". I agree. Now that the apostrophe problem is solved, PLEASE RETURN THE "SEND" TAB TO THE TOP TASKBAR!!! In fact, put it all back the way it was before all the surprise changes.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOT working for me. Apostrophes in subjects and text are OK on the group site, whether posted on the group or via email. But the message that is delivered to my gmail address again has: "test​" instead of "test" in the subject line.

When was it resolved? As of yesterday, I still received email with "'" in my message when people replied to it.

Thank you very much to those of you who have been able to follow instructions correctly to communicate to us the valuable feedback we need to properly investigate this issue."
        Wow-that is rude

It is not a browser problem. I am using Firefox 24 and this error still occurs. Please fix. Thanks.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are you going to get the apostrophe problem rectified. It's an incredibly annoying "'". I have resisted switching but this may the thing that does it. It's not a browser issue.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base