Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Missing many emails stored in a folder. The folder indicates they are there but they are not visible. Another half baked change to mail.

4979th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rhilleyrhilley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

I believe this is a temporary error that shouldn’t persist. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3223&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_wieuowiuero&locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care#comm-form

Thank you for using Yahoo! Mail!

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's Thanksgiving day, and my emails are still disappearing from my inbox. They show up in my trash folder.

Just like to add my voice to this thread. Lost 2 months of email and now when I use yahoo mail, it's painfully slow.

yeah yeah, free service and all that. But they had a good product??!

I've had my account "hacked" a few times as well. I am a IT systems engineer by trade and I deal with system security as a part of this job. Whenever my account has been compromised it seems that yahoo has had tons of other accounts compromised. This leads me to believe that the weakness in this system is out of the control of the end user.

yahoo, sort it out.

• GinnyGinny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is RUBBISH I send emails that either don't arrive or go straight to someone's spam folder (and no it isn't there settings, it happens with too many different people). And now I am hearing back from people that they are getting emails twice.
        For goodness sake are you trying to make users hate you and switch providers??

• DipakDipak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solution, is simple.
        Just disable javascript in your browser.
        Good news for chrome user that chrome allow you to manage on which site( in our case its [*.]yahoo.com ) you want to block javascript.
        How to do this:
        1. Go to Settings
        2. Click 'Show advanced settings...' at bottom
        3. Below privacy section, Click on 'Content settings' this will open pop-up windows.
        4. Click manage exceptions
        5 Enter Hostname pattern
        [*.]yahoo.com
        Behavior
        Block

Enjoy

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the ability to transfer or copy folders to another Yahoo email for security reasons; i.e., in case I have to close/change my primary email account. Forwarding individual emails is extremely time consuming.

• AgaAga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lost two weeks worth emails to start with, contacted yahoo via email, they have said they have restored them, but they did not and today I have lost whole month's emails with receipts, booking numbers and confidential data!!!! I have been with yahoo since 2001, but recently had hundreds of spam messages sent through and could not keep up with unsubscribing/moving to spam actions...now this.. I am truly dissapointed and I would not reccommend the account to anyone who would like to keep his marbles in the right place.

I've lost 25,000 emails from my Mac Mail Program on my computer that was connected with Yahoo. I newly switched over to IMAP from POP. This is staggering loss - my business will shut down next week if I don't get them back!

My inbox emails are disappearing. From October 23 until 2:30pm today, they are gone. As soon as I open an email to read it, I get an error 45, and then it disappears. I can still find the email in search but no content in the email, just error 45. I sent yahoo 11 email and they send me an automated reply with a list of things to try and I did all of them twice to no avail. And it isn't just me, I have several clients using yahoo with the exact same problem.

Where is the header bar with the Name, subject, date???
        I was so east to click on the headed bar and sort all emails ascending or descending.
        IF IT WORKS DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your placement of the action buttons in the email line are missed placed. Why not move them to the left away from where a user is likely to have the mouse button and delete, star or what ever.
        IF IT WORKS DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Benita Meagher Benita Meagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo have deleted three folders which I Set up on the 25th of OCtober 2013. One email which is missing contains a grant for a course I am to attend and need the attached documents. Another email which is missing contains important course material to sit an exam for a job. This is an absolute unmitigated disaster by Yahoo. I have no phone number to call or contact email address to send to a customer care service, which is a non-existent entity. It takes up to five minutes to navigate the website to even find the correct route to even rectify the ghost deleted messages. I am leaving Yahoo.

• HarishHarish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I have not been able to receive emails for last 3 days. No response from yahoo team. I can't use other clients as I cannot verify my account. What a mess they have made? Just to prove they are good as Google??? Cheez, atleast I receive emails in my gmail account unlike yahoo account. I am trying to transfer my remaining yahoo emails to other email boxes. Once that is done, I will slowly move out of yahoo..

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone figured out how to get lost emails back yet? I have a very important receipt for a hotel that I am staying in on 25.10 and it's disappeared?????Help!!!!!

• sofiasofia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm searching for a important 2012 year message in a specific folder from yahoo mail. Today I see that the messages jump from 2011-12-31 to 2013-01-01. Where is 2012 emails?!?!?
        I'm sure I have messages from 2012 year in the specific folder.
        I can't contact yahoo support because there isn't any support contact!
        Please help!

• wimwim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My inbox messages disappear, reappear, disappear again or are sent to trash without any action.
        When trying to report this to Yahoo, there is only very limited space to explain the problems

• Laurie BinnsLaurie Binns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOUR NEW VERSION STINKS!!!! Do you hate your customers? I'm getting a bit tired of hearing "gee, I emailed that to you" when I never received it. Or receive it days later. I finally received the email of a voicemail left on my home phone 2 days after the phone call. The features couldn't be more user-unfriendly. No tabs, no way to sort by contact. Only one answer - vote with our feet and LEAVE Yahoo.

I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. I have lost emails, addresses, folders. The screen is so confusing. I use Mac and have to hard close and restart many times due to screen freeze when I try to add a link to an email. What's the "me" everywhere about? On my "inbox" I want to see who an email is from and the subject line and not the content of the message mainly for security reasons.
        Again, this revision has produced a most unfriendly user experience and wasted much time trying to sort out the most basic functions, certainly not an enhancement or augmentation. Yahoo does not seem to care about that.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base