Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Please bring back the ability to open more than one message at a time! This is critical to my work flow!

Please bring back the ability to open more than one message at a time! This is critical to my work flow

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CindyCindy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like that Yahoo Product Support has been instructed to mark all ongoing requests for Tabs as "COMPLETED" rather than "DECLINED."

It tells you EVERYTHING.

The email product is broken and they refuse feedback, refuse to acknowledge, and refuse to fix.

• StevenSteven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"If you liked tabs you should check out our new multitasking feature."

No. If your customers are telling you they like tabs, you should reconsider removing the feature, not try and convince them that some new, utterly dissimilar feature might be just as good (because it isn't).

I worked in customer support and complaint handling for years – the way your company is responding to the THOUSANDS of customers who are unhappy with your mail "improvements" is utterly disgraceful.

• samsam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tabs were a great help. It used to switch flawlessly between emails, without a glitch. The 'Recent' is definitely not the same. I would highly recommend yahoo to bring it back.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!
        It is a bad joke from Yahoo for its customers...

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GMX is a neat email provider and has tabs.

No pretty pastel shades of green and pink though, just midnight blue.

Are you intentionally trying to get people to leave Yahoo mail?

What is wrong with you people? I feel like showing up to the shareholders meeting in person and letting them know that as a 10 year user this is completely ridiculous.

• KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You tabs is a crapy way to use this function! bring back the old way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Carrie MoleyCarrie Moley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I too agree that Recent is NOTHING like tabs. This is so silly. It might be time to bite the bullet and switch emails, because I have not seen one useful reply from Yahoo about any of the user feedback they are encouraging users to provide.

• DDDD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Yahoo Admins - you state that; "the “Recent” feature — that allows you to get a lot of the same functionality as tabs".

And how can that be? It is NOTHING like tabs.

Uh huh... Same functionality hey, So.... Tell me how I can copy and paste from one email to another without having to keep closing one and opening the other? You cannot do this using Recent.

Recent is also limited to recent. Sometimes the original email I want to reference will be months or even years old. I want them side by side so I can copy, paste, compare etc. Can "recent" do that? Nope.

OftenI want multiple copies of emails visible together, all from wildy different periods / years. Does Recent allow for this? Total FAIL!

You folks clearly have NO IDEA on how people actually use your product. 'Recent' is a poorly thought excuse and badly implemented. It is also amazing STUPID. You had an excellent solution (you know, Tabs) and replaced it with something far less useful and functional. Then try to tell us it is better (exactly how?) when it clearly is not.

Just put back the TABS you idiots. There is a reason tabs are widely used in many applications (Fast, functional, highly useful, stable, understood, practical), but no, you have to try and reinvent the wheel. Pity the best thing you mange to come up with was square and not round and functionally next to USELESS.

Yahoo Mail is WORSE on any metric you care to measure it on.

• DDDD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"If you liked tabs you should either SWITCH PROVIDERS or DROP DEAD. -Yahoo Product Support"

HAHAHA! Yes. Exactly. That is 100% their attitude. They are bleeding customers and they still don't care.

For what it is worth - if you like using a tabbed email UI (as Yahoo used to be) then give GMX a try. They have a decent tabbed email interface. Worth a look if you are fed up with Yahoo. I moved. Much happier now.

Disclaimer: I have no interest in GMX (except I am now a user there rather than Yahoo) and I really like it. Much like Yahoo used to be. Might be good for you too.

it is very slow when you click you have to wait 5 seconds before open the the message.

"If you liked tabs you should check out our new multitasking feature."

If you liked tabs you should either SWITCH PROVIDERS or DROP DEAD. -Yahoo Product Support

They (shoo) appear to try to "fix" their upgrade by applying more go here and look for it there or check here technology. I have read several of their fix it comments and all are for a techogeek not a simple user. WTF!

This feature was very useful, bring it back‼ Or tell me another mail where multitab is enabled.

Please bring this feature back.
        otherwise i have to change the my account on some other provider.

• elizabeth relizabeth r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!!! This is one of my many huge pet peeves about the new version. I also prefer to keep multiple tabs open at once so I know what I am working on.

Please, please bring this feature back!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base