Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

I HATE THE NEW SORTING! I like being able to sort my mail by who sent it or the subject!

I like being able to sort my mail by who sent it or the subject! Go back to the last sorting options!

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dawn SnyderDawn Snyder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We’re very sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty sorting the emails in your folders the way you want. You are able to sort your emails by sender or subject, however to do so you need to disable our conversation threading feature.

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&id=SLN15805

We hope this has helped you use Yahoo Mail the way that works best for you. Thanks for using our service!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have stuck with Yahoo! Mail for years and years, but I am finally considering switching to another mail provider. Not out of protest but because this interface is SO bad, so incredibly bad. I hate everything about it. It sucks sucks sucks sucks. Most unfriendly user interface I have ever seen. You guys, unfortunately, royally failed on this one. Please let us get back to the old version.

• ben dooleyben dooley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto across the board. Yahoo you are history if the Jan 31 "upgrades" being forced on me are as messy, confusing and user-unfriendly as this train wreck!

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. I am not using yahoo as much as before. Can anybody tell me they can not keep their conversation threads altogether with the sorting by sender or subject ? ?
        If they can not it means they can’t make their computers to act as they wish... their computer is stronger or wiser than they are.

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!

Used Yahoo for years. But this new format is useless!! So confusing! Been frustrated ever since it was implemented. Case and point: I forwarded an email that I received and next thing I know, it is no longer in my "Inbox" folder but somehow the whole thread is stored in the "Send" folder!? Does not make sense. Can't sort by From, To or subject anymore.
        whoever came up with this idea, did not think of Yahoo Users!
        The old Classic View was a winner. Very user friendly. very easy to use!

• Casey Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. I was infuriated when I opened my mail and couldn't sort it by sender. My boyfriend asked me to go through and weed out his emails for him because he didn't know an easy way to do it. I looked over his shoulder and then just told him to bring it up on MY computer and I would do it. I was confused by not being able to find the sender button on his email and then infuriated when I opened my email and it had changed, too.
        NOT HAPPY.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree -- am a senior who has carpel tunnel so it made it nice to sort by sender or subject to keep my mailbox clean -- plus i don't have time to check my mail each day so i could delete old stuff not relevant. BRING THE CLASSIC BACK

Feedback and Knowledge Base