Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

The "Delete" button right next to the sender's name is extremely dangerous. I am frequently accidentally deleting emails now.

In the list of emails, you placed the "Delete" button right next to the sender's name. This is sort of hidden and in a spot where I would normally click to go to the message. I am frequently accidentally deleting emails now. Please fix.

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrandonBrandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    OwenOwen shared a merged idea: Remove "Delete" button from middle of email header.  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We appreciate your feedback! I’ve made a note of this and we will be carefully considering your feedback when planning the future of Yahoo Mail. Comments like yours are the best way we have to understand how to build a better product for all our users.

If you have any other feedback or concerns about the new Yahoo Mail interface, please post another idea, or vote up your favorite existing ideas. We love to hear your ideas, and we consider all feedback when deciding on new features for Yahoo Mail.

Thank you once again for posting such great feedback, we really appreciated hearing this!

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • carol anne kingcarol anne king commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My delete button does not even work at all. I am furious that there is nooooooo.... yahoo help either by phone or on line to get help with this problem. I am seriously thinking about quitting altogether except for the hassles of notifying everyone on accounts which already have my email attached. Can anyone out there suggest a solution?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my buttons are also not showing up with this new version, which is making this problem even worse. If this isn't fixed soon, I will have to go to another email account. I can't see the reply, forward, previous or next email arrows or this delete button. Very frustrating!!!

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. I have done this several times. It's annoying. Please fix.

• Ilya R.Ilya R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree!!!! I have to restore my emails from trash all the time, cause I'm deleting messages accidentally.
        Are there any sane designers/managers left in Yahoo?! Please do some testing before doing any kind of changes.

Why can't I vote any longer. Idea closed?! What does that mean? Live with our stupid ideas. I was bad enough that I was hitting search when trying to open e-mails. But delete?? Seriously?

I say fire the designer. They took a great product that I have had for over 10 years, and ruined it.

And don't even get me started on the mess they have made with tthe fantasy sports. I already quit that.

Why can't I deleted a selected email from a thread? For example I have ten emails from a friend. I want to delete four but when I try to a box appears making it impossible to delete anything. What the **** is going on?

• SuzeSuze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

love the "feed back received but ignored". the reply is generic and the same as other post replies. I guess it is great to know you are not the only one having dramas and deleting every thing. Like most customer service these days it really is who cares - they don't!
        PS you have no terms of service for Australia but I will tick it any way

If you don't use yahoo mail as your main email account, you shouldn't design it. lol

• EmmaEmma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its not complete now besides the delete the other bottons also appear exactly where I click to open my mail and I constantly deleting my email, you already have the delete botton on the top, Even when I have send mail it shows up as well. How can I recover a send mail that got deleted by accident recovered to my send box? explain that one please....I tried to open a send mail I had send and it got deleted, then I tried to undelete it and it deleted the hold trash been including my send mail, I want my send mail back, I do I retore it from the trash world? Its gone and I cant get it back..... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't used Yahoo mail on my pc for a few weeks and now I'm coming back to this appalling update. Yikes, if this doesn't get 'upgraded' again to retain most if not all of the features of the old service then I am forced to change to another email host.

Microsoft did this with Office, changing things just to change them. Yahoo has followed the same plan I guess. However while Office is a bit monopolistic and we have to live with it, yahoo email users can just jump ship to someone else. Which I guarantee is going to happen.

I was getting sick of answering to people asking why I still use yahoo anyway. Hey Yahoo, maybe you ought to work on your image there instead of changing your core functionality to **** everyone off.

• Helen ShelbourneHelen Shelbourne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So long Yahoo mail for this very reason, I can not risk accidentally deleting emails when trying to open or view them. New Yahoo email is poorly thought out and completely unworkable.

• allaalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too. Deleted lots of emails accidentally, unbelievable how bad the new interface is. How could they not notice it ?

• Marie FlemingMarie Fleming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, was on to write exactly that. Stupid new layout, not been thought through, the trash box appears when you hover over the name and you see it as you've clicked and end up deleting the email. Needs to be sorted, already started making new email accounts as your new system is rubbish.

• OwenOwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why say this issue is "COMPLETED" when it is NOT.
        The daft hidden Delete button is still right there - in the middle of the emails.

Why don't you rather say "FEEDBACK RECEIVED AND IGNORED"?

• Timothy L. SpauldingTimothy L. Spaulding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Among the dumbest and most annoying of "Yahoo!-dom" is the fact that you can NOT delete emails that show up in search results. Say you search your entire email account for "GRANDMA" to find a specific email. Well, you get lots of results of little value, and from the results, you click on the check-boxes of 10 emails in the Inbox, and send them to "Trash". Now, the damned things STAY right there, except they have a trashcan icon at the end. In REAL email, you can click thier checkboxes again, click "Delete" and they'll disappear FROM TRASH and cease to exist, but in "Yahoo!" they continue to clutter up the search results-- the ONLY way to delete them is go find them all in "Trash". THIS IS STUPID / THIS IS ASININE / THIS IS ANNOYING but in keeping w/ "Yahoo!" policy: "USERS ARE LOSERS SO ***** THEM, THEY'LL GET WHATEVER IDIOCY WE CRAM DOWN THEIR THROATS AND LOOK: WE WEAR SMART GLASSES BESIDES".
        100% customer-contemptuous, arrogent jerks. Wouldn't you like to hear what they say about us users in their meetings? Something tells me it's not very flattering.

• Mr DMr D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An image that highlights the issue: http://postimg.org/image/n6nnuhknb/
        Red rectangle on first line highlights where most people click to view a message.
        Red rectangles on second line shows how a gap has suddenly appeared and how the most diametrically opposite function to viewing a message has appeared under the cursor, ie delete message. It's quite daft! If you want to offer these functions per line, put them to the right or left of the click to view area, and show them permanently!!! A delete function should not be hidden and appear out of nowhere!

• Adam DallyAdam Dally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my inbox I'm more likely to click on white space to read an email. I might get used to it eventually; but the fact that there are invisible ever active buttons slightly bothers me. I love reducing the number of clicks for things; but some things just require 2+ clicks. Deleting emails should not be taken haphazardly.

At the very least have the option on whether those buttons are always visible, or for the trash can to be disabled. I do not want to use the 'Basic View' either; if that is what you all happen to suggest.

I can't seem to select and delete individual emails. Everything gets deleted. It seems to be all or none.

• SaraSara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha, consider yourself lucky you CAN delete that way. I now have to OPEN each **** email to delete, then it doesn't even go back automatically to the inbox! Who the **** is running this "upgrade"?????

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base