Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Please restore automatic hyperlink generation in composition window

I miss the automatic generation of a clickable hyperlink whenever a URL was typed or pasted into a compose window that mail Basic had.

Is it so difficult to provide that feature with the new software? The extra steps to select and paste it into the hyperlink creation box just slows people down. Software is supposed to speed things up for people!

(This is for whichever version of Yahoo mail -- full-featured, I think -- is used by AT&T customers with the sbcglobal.net domain.)

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Betsy BakerBetsy Baker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have never had this many problems with making hyperlinks. Would you please fix this?
        Sometimes the hyperlink just won't work at all
        Sometimes it works, but then the entire body of my email becomes a hyperlink (and not just the selected text).
        mywalk25
        Please Yahoo... I can't go another month with this unreliability.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My UNSUBSCRIBE hyperlinks in ALL my Emails don't work and its ******* me off, now I get the emails whether I want them or not and there is NOTHING I can do about it whether its on my Iphone or PC.

After 19 years with Yahoo, If this isn't fixed I am Outta here!!

• Dr Kimberly SchumacherDr Kimberly Schumacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My hyperlink problem: I never know where the link will end up, even if I place my cursor where I want it to go, it often ends up at the bottom of the email. The next problem is that I cannot continue writing normal text after the hyperlink: everything is underlined.

• CustomerSince1999CustomerSince1999 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is worst regarding the hyperlink insertion is that it does not seem to work at all at the moment.
        I have come here for the first time because I have unsuccessfully tried to insert a hyperlink into a simple email and gave up after five minutes.
        I very much appreciate that Yahoo provided its services for so many years free of charge.
        So I do not really know if there is any interest to keep me at all. But the new Yahoo Mail version is a nuisance in many regards and I will probably leave, having had a Yahoo Mail account for 15 years now.

• Wendy DrakeWendy Drake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in total agreement with regard to the hyperlink and can't grasp why they would change the process from something as simple as a cut and paste to whatever it is now? I've read a few blogs and I do not want to have to jump through loops to do something that was once so simple. What were they thinking? Additionally, I read a blog about "levels" and I'm not clear as to what this is all about either. I just want my email to work smoothly as it used to ... now there are constant error messages, lag time in sending and receiving emails, inserting pictures and the hyperlink problem. Please please revisit the issue.

• BarbRedHookBarbRedHook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and now you have to overtly REPLACE the http:// that is in the "hyperlink chain" option to be sure you don't get TWO http instances. That isn't how it worked before you changed a lot of things starting in october 2013. PLEASE TEST CHANGES!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! The "chain" function works but is just added bother. The "old" version was much better than the "new". What was Yahoo's thinking?

Feedback and Knowledge Base