Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

New email format is horrible!!! Who okayed this??? FIRE HIM!

OMG... this new email format is horrible. My 80 yr old dad just got a gmail account because he has no idea how to look at emails anymore. Who okayed this design change??? Are you crazy! Do you have any common sense!

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gudguy1gudguy1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- by the way, all of my comments are on the latest Feb 2014 yahoo email changes

Also, why do we have to take an extra click to move mail from one folder to another...???
        1 Click on box of email to move
        2 Go to top of screen and select the folder to move it to
        3 Click apply

Why can't you make the option of just moving it on the 2nd step instead of that extra 3rd step - it does not take that 3rd step in firefox (and no, I am not making firefox my primary email - well, not just yet, but if I do, I'm probably giving up on all things yahoo)

Yes, agree.
        BEFORE this 'new' version of yahoo, when you opened an email, you could leave it open in one yahoo email tab and go back to another folder, or inbox, and do comparisons or research. Now you open an email, you have to go back to the inbox to look at something else and THEN go BACK and re-open the email you were looking at. This is in BOTH, IE 11 AND firefox 27.

Then in comparing this "NEW" Yahoo mail plus in both, IE 11 AND firefox 27 - you get DIFFERENT results.
        For instance, in firefox, when you empty the recycle or spam - you get CONFIRMATION if you DO want to empty the folder.
        1) You NO LONGER get that in IE 11.
        2) When you compose a message in firefox, you get all the composing tools (bold, italics, text color, size, etc.) - you NO LONGER get that in IE 11
        3) yahoo seems to be SO MUCH SLOWER now for whatever reason
        (and please, DO NOT suggest it is my connection
        a) I have a 50 Mbps connection that works FINE for everything ELSE. And,
        b) I have two PCs - a Win 7 Ultimate on an i7 w/12 GB RAM and the other is 6 GB RAM on an i7 (even faster chipset) running Win 8.1 and neither seems to see any improvement on yahoo since the "UPGRADE"...

Folks, SOME of us STILL PREFER to use IE 11 instead of firefox - why have you made it more difficult and less user friendly...????
        I've been using yahoo since the 2nd or 3rd month it was available - currently, I am not happy or pleased at some of these forced changes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a little tough, but the new format is not user friendly. I thank you for the free email (ads are OK), but the system needs work. Feel free to contact me for more information. No good.

Feedback and Knowledge Base