Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Need to be able to change Subject Line when Replying to ALL!!!

One of the big differences I noticed when you switched me over to the new format was that I seem to have lost the ability to Reply To All *and then* change the Subject Line. I'm not sure if this is because I have conversation threads enabled (will go back and switch that off to see if it helps) but it's a key feature that should be present (and WAS present) in any email system.

Here's why I need it (for example): I'm a room parent for two different classrooms for my kids' schools. Rather than composing a new email and adding in all 30+ emails for the class each time, I used to just reply to all and then modify the Subject (and delete the old thread). Took me a couple seconds. Now, I have to copy all the email addresses in the To, leave the view I had of that old mail (because you removed tabs) and compose a new one. Because tabs are gone, I can't quickly compare recipients to verify I got everyone in my paste (e.g.) either. This was a big beef I had when using Gmail for a work contract - - as noted in other threads below, there's a reason Yahoo! fans use Yahoo!. Now, I've got the exact complaints I have in Gmail.

If I had the option to revert back to old, I would - no hesitation.

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gene AmparoGene Amparo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. We need to be able to change the subject line like we could in the old Yahoo Mail.

• Malcolm McBeathMalcolm McBeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

left (?) click on the cc symbol top right and add further addressees. (if that helps) Why not write a more omnibus title which can apply equally to each group of addressees.

• Malcolm McBeathMalcolm McBeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely right and is another by-product-fault of the decision to group all messages on the same subject together. Bin it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really is simple and a basic need for your consumer. You are beta testing on consumers who are not a beta product testers but trying to live their lives.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Threading logic - - if the Subject Line changes, simply create a new conversation. Should be simple, right? Please prioritize this one. It really really really makes a difference in my daily use of the system.

Feedback and Knowledge Base