Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Unable to attach documents

I am unable to attach documents to emails. It never finishes loading. I am very unsatisfied with the new yahoo mail... this is the 2nd day that I am unable to attach documents. If this problem is not resolved I will have to switch to gmail!!!!

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: can't attahce  ·   · 
    ElliotElliot shared a merged idea: QUESTION PLEASE HELP!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Attachements  ·   · 
    MickMick shared a merged idea: **** system give me the old system back now  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3223&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_wieuowiuero&locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care#comm-form

Thank you for using Yahoo! Mail!

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lots of problems with the new email system, can't check spelling, or change the fonts.
        emails go into cyberspace, people do not receive my emails. I use this address for my business. it is becoming a pain. I can't seem to rely on it. Please helppppppp

This continues to happen for me too. Extremely frustration. New email has so many problems it's unreal.

• keliekelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also having problems attaching! It just keeps loading! Please bring back the old email! This new version just has too many problems! I sometimes use this email for work purposes but with these changes it is making my work MORE WORK! I will change email soon if nothing is fixed.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how all of their responses to issues about attaching files are the same two links which are both completely useless and unrelated. Yahoo! treats us like we don't know what we're doing and ignores the problem.

so long YAHOO..I have loved you for years but you are creating too much work and frustration in my life.....moving to gmail

I am unable to attach files to my Yahoo acct. I have Vista and running IE 8 which is supposed to be supported. Huh??? I only get prompted to attach files from Flickr or Dropbox.....I want to be able to attach files from my computer!!!!!

This new version is just wretched. Suddenly for no reason at all, everytime I access a draft email and it autosaves, the text disappears. I can't send out important email including resumes. It is a Sunday and it is the only time I have to work on a job hunt.

I agree. I was attempting to add pics, added Drop Box, and then discovered that Drop Box isn't exactly user friendly. Sheesh.

I WANT TO SEND EMAILS TO A SPECIFIC FOLDER AND IT DOES NOT SEND THEM NEW SYSTEM NICE BUT NOT WORKING PROPERLY

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to attach a simple document. I don't even get the option to choose a file. I have had to open the file and copy it onto the e-mail. Very unsatisfactory!

• KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using yahoo mail for approx 20 years and this is the worst version you have ever had,
        no way to move contacts to my e-mails no BCC box for multi send also when i delete an e-mail by mistake you could find it in the trash box and then return it to the inbox now it just disappears.
        Please bring back your last system and when you want to make changes please put it out as a Beta program and then it can be tested and the people using the system can put you wise as to what works and if it is an improvement on what you already have

• Professor Tom DiamantProfessor Tom Diamant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHEN I HAD THE OLD "CLASSIC" YAHOO EMAILING SERVICE FROM YAHOO, I WASN'T A PAYING MEMBER. I WAS VIRTUALLY FORCED INTO BECOMING A PAYING MEMBER WITH YAHOO'S SO-CALLED NEW AND "IMPROVED" SERVICE BECAUSE WITH THEIR NEW SYSTEM, I HAD ADVERTISEMENTS COMING OUT FROM THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF MY INBOX PAGE AND THESE SQUASHED UP MY INCOMING EMAIL MESSAGES AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO READ THEM AND YAHOO PUSHED ME INTO PAYING FOR MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN ORDER TO STOP THOSE BLOODY ANNOYING ADVERTS POPPING OUT FROM THE RIGHT HAND SIDE.
        NOW THAT I AM A PAYING FOR MY EMAIL SERVICE, THE BLOODY THING IS TERRIBLY SLOW AND IT JUST DOESN'T FUNCTION PROPERLY. IT'S VERY DIFFICULT INDEED TO TRY AND MAKE CONTACT WITH YAHOO IN ORDER TO COMPLAIN TO THEM.
        YAHOO SHOULD REALLY READ AND TAKE IN WHAT PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT WITH THEIR SO-CALLED NEW AND "IMPROVED" VERSION OF THEIR YAHOO EMAIL SERVICE IS LIKE. THE OLD "CLASSIC" VERSION OF YAHOO'S EMAIL SERVICE WAS REALLY BRILLIANT AND WORKED EXTREMELY WELL AND WAS VERY EFFICIENT AND DIDN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED. IT'S DISGRACEFUL HOW YAHOO CAN GET AWAY WITH THEIR BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS.....IT'S SO DISAPPOINTING TO SEE HOW YAHOO HAVE GONE DOWN THE DRAIN AND THEY SHOULD APOLOGISE TO ALL OF US.

• Professor Tom DiamantProfessor Tom Diamant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ALSO WANT MY OLD CLASSIC EMAIL ADDRESS BACK. I AM A PAYING MEMBER AND YAHOO HAVE TREATED ME VERY BADLY.....THEY ARE NOW NOT EVEN FIT FOR PURPOSE SORRY TO SAY. THEY HAVE CHANGED THE DATE SYSTEM ON EMAILS THAT I RECEIVE IN MY INBOX FROM THE EUROPEAN/UK SYSTEM TO THE AMERICAN DATE SYSTEM OF MONTH/DATE/YEAR SYSTEM AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. IF THIS IS WHAT YAHOO CALLS AN IMPROVEMENT TO THEIR EMAILING SERVICE THEN THEY ALL NEED TO HAVE THEIR HEADS EXAMINED!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base