Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Allow us to CHOOSE to see individual emails, not grouped messages

Please put in the OPTION to see individual messages and not grouped messages. It is very clumsy to use in groups.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo mail as of March 2014 is the worst version yet! Get rid of the "threading"  ·   · 
    Ann EvettsAnn Evetts shared a merged idea: Conversations  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I HATE, HATE, HATE the "new" yahoo e-mail set up. When will it be changed? I hate the conversation mode.  ·   · 
    Keith J. MaddenKeith J. Madden shared a merged idea: Grouping E-Mails by Conversation  ·   · 
    Kathleen KnightKathleen Knight shared a merged idea: Get rid of Message History  ·   · 
    cristian titancristian titan shared a merged idea: please don't group emails as conversations  ·   · 
    nuhanuha shared a merged idea: keep each email separate, do Not combine emails together from the same person, it's confusing, especialy when looking for a sepisific email  ·   · 
    AnnaAnna shared a merged idea: Your new system attaches incoming message to other people's dialogue!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New Yahoo format is TERRIBLE. I cannot even reply to an email without having all the other conversation included.  ·   · 
    Carolyn G.Carolyn G. shared a merged idea: I hate my email arranged by conversations rather than chronologically. Please add an opt-out for this feature. NEW YAHOO Stinks!!!  ·   · 
    Kim IveyKim Ivey shared a merged idea: Don't like the grouped messages  ·   · 
    StewartStewart shared a merged idea: You don't need to try to be Gmail. I like separate messages, rather than conversation threads. I do, however really like that you got rid of  ·   · 
    Karen BrownKaren Brown shared a merged idea: Hate it! Bring back my email! Can't stand all the garbage in one email. Haven't a clue as to who send what to whom.h  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can't find emails as they are bundled into 'conversations'  ·   · 
    ManuManu shared a merged idea: I want All emails separate!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I do not like the new format. I prefer individual emails, not conversational and not with hidden history. It's too busy and frustrating  ·   · 
    OdetteOdette shared a merged idea: The new version of Yahoo mail is awful. All the emails are now linked together when I don't want them to be. It sucks. Change it.  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&id=SLN15805

We hope this has helped you use Yahoo Mail the way that works best for you. Thanks for using our service!

305 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DmitriyDmitriy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Total disaster, looking to switch somewhere else. The old version worked a way better.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click Settings (the gear icon), and uncheck "Enable conversations." That should do it. I like them myself, so I haven't tried it. I hope this helps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You do have the option to stop viewing the emails by conversation. I recently found out how, and hope this will be helpful.

Settings > Viewing email > When viewing message lists > UNCLICK "enable conversations"

• Gene AmparoGene Amparo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree, and you cannot change the subject of the conversation like you could with the old Yahoo Mail.

When trying to improve the e-mail system, stop taking away existing functionality!! You can try to improve it but that is not done by taking away function options to users.
        This last series of upgrades are appaling!! Can not sort by all previous sort options !!
        Make funftionality more like the existing OUTLOOK platform. It is not perfect, but it is all there. Want to improve ... make functionality like that !!!!

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consider myself fairly computer saavy and I'm thinking seriously of changing to another mail provider. The message history is the worst part... VERY Confusing. I find myself avoiding email as I hate it so much.

THE OLD FORMAT WAS GREAT! It wasn't broke...dont fix it!

• Bryan ChanBryan Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Enable Conversations and Show Snippets checkboxes, and the Mail Version radio button, do not respond to mouse clicks at all. Using Firefox 24.1.1.

• If you cannot figure out my name then I cannot help you.If you cannot figure out my name then I cannot help you. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pay for this account, I pay for the "upgraded" version of Yahoo Mail and am just as disgusted as when it was free. I should be able to forward an email to someone without sending an entire / private "conversation." Furthermore....I should not have to follow some link to this change the email account that I pay for back to a usable format. The Yahoo idiots can sit around and dream up as many stupid ridiculous waste of time changes till they are blue in the face. But what gives Yahoo the right to just make these changes on the account I PAY for without my knowledge or consent, thus wasting my valuable time following links to fix their ***** ups? This "conversation" format should have been an option for me to chose. Yahoo just sucks. I am using Gmail more and more, it is just so much better and clearly cares so much more about its users. Changes like this "conversation" ******** should be an option. I have had this yahoo account for over a decade and am so sick and tired of Yahoo coming up with this nonsense and enforcing it. If Yahoo wants to offer these options, fine. But do not just take it upon yourself to change my email format without my permission. I pay for this account, I pay for the "upgraded" version of Yahoo Mail and this is insulting and very frustrating and an absolute WASTE OF MY TIME. I should NOT have to follow some link to change my email inbox back to the way I want it because Yahoo decided to change it and not offer me the option to say "NO, DO NOT CHANGE MY EMAIL TO CONVERSATIONS." Some of us use these accounts for work. Ugghh, I am wasting my time even on this post. Yahoo just sucks. This is the last year I will pay for this garbage.

Today I received an email from a prospective employer. The email contained a "history" of two previous exchanges I had with another prospective employer. I can't tell for sure that today's email sender could "see" the history of the two previous exchanges but there's nothing that makes me think he didn't - since I could see them. Do you realize how unprofessional and embarrassing this is? You HAVE to go back to keeping sent and received emails separate. This new email platform is still really bad and causing me problems.

Today I received an email from a prospective employer. The email contained a "history" of two previous exchanges I had with another prospective employer. I can't tell for sure that today's email sender could "see" the history of the two previous exchanges but there's nothing that makes me think he didn't - since I could see them. Do you realize how unprofessional and embarrassing this is? You HAVE to go back to keeping sent and received emails separate. This new email platform is still really bad and causing me problems.

• Suresh ThulasiramanSuresh Thulasiraman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the checkbox does not work in the link that you have given

please check and rectify the error.

its frustrating to loose valuable grouped messages, when deleting one particular email.

also very confusing when forwarding emails (with attachments), it sends the entire conversation.

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THANKYOU Yahoo Mail for having this option available - companies that refuse to provide options like this really baffle me that they think the greater population wont be really offended.

• JuliaJulia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Individual messages is the request of so many yahoo users. It is time yahoo paid attention to users grievances. Why does yahoo persist in ignoring the many grievous complaints? Manipulations and control is not a good choice for yahoo, especially when the majority complain about what is being forced upon them. Listen to us, please!!!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base