Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Adding contacts to lists

Please fix your adding contacts to lists function. It doesn't work at all. If I have sent an email to a number of contacts, I'd also like an option to be able to easily assign all of those contacts to a new or existing list.

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    natalienatalie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix your contacts browser lists function. It doesn't work at all. If I have sent an email to a number of contacts, I'd also like an option to be able to easily assign all of those contacts to a new or existing list.

your distribution list functionality blows. i never can get it to work, if it is that difficult to get to work there is something wrong with your interface.

IF YOU ARE DISGRUNTLED ABOUT THE CHANGES TO YAHOO MAIL, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO MARISSA MAYER, CEO of Yahoo --
        http://www.change.org/petitions/yahoo-bring-back-the-old-version-of-yahoo-mail

AND PLEASE Pass & Post this PETITION ON

Many of us have used yahoo mail for over a decade. It's been reliable, functional and served the needs of a wide variety of people - for personal and business use. Yahoo has changed it, taking away the ability to organize emails, switch from writing to reading emails without losing work, incorporating ads into the inbox (that, if clicked on by mistake, lead to spam websites) and hiding essential functions, like printing.Emails are being lost or misdirected, contacts are disappearing and Yahoo is not addressing these issues. Here's a sample of some of the comments made so far on the petition:

1. Contact lists are being deleted
        2. Years of emails are disappearing
        3. Deadlines are being missed because functions don't complete
        4. A flight squadron couldn't get flight plans
        5. A lawyer couldn't file a brief on time
        6. Invoices are disappearing before they can be paid
        7. Orders are disappearing before they can be filled.

Without tabs and multitasking, drafts disappear if you check an email. Users with visual impairments can't distinguish text, because of the font style and colors displayed.

This debacle is a disaster for business. We understand Yahoo is targeting the mobile market, and while we love mobile, we DON'T use mobile for business! 300 million people are being affected by this change. Investors and advertisers need to take notice - yahoo users are going to leave in DROVES if this isn't addressed.

We are asking Yahoo to restore the old version - with tabs, with the ability to edit an email and switch to a folder - to multi-task like we used to be able to do. If they are unable to do so, we want them to restore these BUSINESS-CRITICAL functions to Yahoo Mail.

Most of us picked Yahoo because of its interface. We don't like gmail! Please let us go back!

• ChristyChristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you DaNi, it did work to click the box in front of the contact's name and then click to "Assign to Lists." Still sucks, but at least I can add contacts to my groups now. Thanks!

• DaNiDaNi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried many times to add contacts to lists and it wouldn't do it! I finally figured out that I have to check the box in front of the contact's name and then add it to the list. I liked it before when I could just add it to a list and not have to have the contact selected first. Inconvenient and weird. I prefer the old way. I prefer everything the old way.

I am having the same problem. I use this function often, and tried to use it yesterday but couldn't. When I choose a contact and try to add that contact to an existing list, the existing lists do not show up, only the option to create a new list. I do not want to create a new list. I already have multiple lists that exist with hundreds of contacts. Please please please fix this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base