Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Stop posting ads on the top of the inbox.

The ads on the right are annoying enough but the one on the top of the inbox toolbox is outrageous. We're not stupid--you're trying to make it look like an incoming email--it's not working and just annoying your users.

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback! I’ve made a note of this and we will be carefully considering your feedback when planning the future of Yahoo Mail. Comments like yours are the best way we have to understand how to build a better product for all our users.

If you have any other feedback or concerns about the new Yahoo Mail interface, please post another idea, or vote up your favorite existing ideas. We love to hear your ideas, and we consider all feedback when deciding on new features for Yahoo Mail.

Thank you once again for posting such great feedback, we really appreciated hearing this!

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the game is to make Yahoo mail ads so cumbersome and intrusive that you break down and pay the $49 per year for "ad free" email. Personally, I don't fall for schemes like that. If I can't figure out how to maneuver around it I'll just use my gmail account.

I'm in total agreement...and will be looking for a new e-mail provider if not changed

Sneaky. Deceptive. Atrocious. Deceitful. Shameful. All true. And sad too. Like many here, I have been a Yahoo email user for many, many years. But I've had enough. I get the need for ads. But ads placed at the top of an email list, in bold, is indeed shameful. You win Yahoo. I saw your ad. I clicked on your ad (thinking -- as you hoped -- that it was an unread email.) Yes, Yahoo, you win. You sure beat me. So goodbye old friend. I'm done. I've already moved years of emails to gmail. Tonight is my last night with a yahoo email account. And you know, I'm not angry. Really, not angry at all. I'm actually sad. Really.

Agreed 100%. I understand Yahoo wants to show their sponsors the ads are in place, but the way the sponsor ads work now is atrocious. This is a form of spam by Yahoo to its own user base. It is clear what Yahoo is trying to do by putting the sponsor add right at the top of the list of emails, in bold so that it looks like a new email, and immediately below the menu bar. This is devious (albeit not clever in any way) and deceitful. Move the sponsor spam out of the email list.

• Karen N.Karen N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least move that ad over to the side or something. It is already hard to see a reasonable number of emails and if I try to page down it doesn't always work.

AGREED! Sneaky and deceptive. Shame on Yahoo...have had a Yahoo email for over 15 years now...rethinking that!

• Russell KaiserRussell Kaiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right. Let's offer a SPAM filter to weed out email advertisements, then create/allow an advertisement that appears to be an email???? HYPOCRITES!

• D HD H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Also, the positioning of the gigantic ad on the right is very (sneakily) placed directly behind the sign out box. So when I click "sign out", the box immediately (strangely) disappears and I have unintentionally clicked the stupid ad.

• Bob CubbageBob Cubbage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100 percent with the original post above. Yahoo shows great disrespect to its users by inserting these ads in the user's list of personal e-mail. Isn't this really SPAM? What's the difference here? You are spamming your customers. At least give us a way to "opt out" of this new Yahoo practice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base