Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Can I switch back to the old yahoo mail format and how?

Can I switch back to the old yahoo mail format and how?
The new yahoo mail is just ridiculous, taking back-step of 10 years.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HKHK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BACK,please!!!!  ·   · 
    joshua ledgerjoshua ledger shared a merged idea: please. I cannot use the new email format successfully. How can I return to the "old" format?  ·   · 
    BrownieBrownie shared a merged idea: As with the other tens of thousands of newly frustrated and unhappy Yahoo mail users, I'm ready to abandon Yahoo for gmail, or abc global.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What a horrible mail service. No wonder they make it impossible to contact them directly.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: getting back previous version of yahoo mail  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate the new version Yahoo! mail. Can I use the prior version, which I greatly prefer?  ·   · 
    chris  bacoschris bacos shared a merged idea: Bring back yahoo classic  ·   · 
    Donald Ullrich, Yuma, AZDonald Ullrich, Yuma, AZ shared a merged idea: Bring BACK Yahoo Classic Mail & DUMP your 'improvement' wonk.  ·   · 
    AA shared a merged idea: It just gets worse and worse. How I long for classic mail..............  ·   · 

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to switch back to the previous interface once you have upgraded. I am very sorry about that!

However, you may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo! Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo! Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5171&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo! Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15090&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo! Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Basic Browser Troubleshooting” for the best help resolving this problem. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3223&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_wieuowiuero&locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care#comm-form

Thank you for using Yahoo! Mail!

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GordGord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow I lost my votes! The new Yahoo format is not working well in composing, then editing my own material for print media publication as I have done for years. After expressing all this in detail, such as the hindrance of the new "Me" thing, I was not granted a 'say'. Customer feedback seems to be inaccessible. Help restore the former glory and usability of Yahoo. I am perplexed after all these years. Has EMF exposure ruined the formerly savvy brains at Yahoo?

• Barbara MountsBarbara Mounts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't find the delete tab. don't like having to take my browser and try to find it which It doesn't show up anyhow. It give me 2 choses and no delete can be found.

• joshua ledgerjoshua ledger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new email format is clumsy, awkward and not intuitive.
        please, swallow your pride and reinstate the old format

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get it. You update your mail and make it worse. Your feedback area is filled with complaints, and your solution is to revert back to the classic version. You make zero sense. I can't even refer to a previous email when replying because all I see are the footers. Bad enough my reply is all the way at the bottom of the screen, but I have to scroll through the previous email to even see what I'm replying to.

How bad are your developers that they can't see how unintuitive these changes have become. And they seem to get worse and worse every time you update them.

What goes through your heads when you make changes like this? Does anyone beta test this stuff?

I did not upgrade. Yahoo just changed it on me. It is so hard to use. I am considering leaving Yahoo if this is not changed soon.

very disappointed with the new version: slow response; not user friendly; confusing; above all, some emails are missing when it's on the new version and they are "restored" when i changed yahoo mail to the basic mode! however the basic mode is not handy either...

This version of yahoo mail is the worst ever. I havent really been able to check my email since the switch. I hate checking email now because of this version. I don't know who thought this was a good idea but they should be fired.

• Anony-mouse in SCAnony-mouse in SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no hope that Yahoo even gives a rat's behind about fixing this morass of disfunctionality. If you all wanted to fix this back to the older - far more functional - way, you would. I think someone has their misguided ego wrapped up in this center circle of email ****, and has no intention of admitting how wrong this was.

I can't stand the new version of Yahoo. I do not recall updating my email in order for this new version to be installed. I guess reading Yahoo won't allow going back to the classic version tells me it's time to move on to something better.

Lee Dreyer---I don't recall updating my email to the new version. And now you are saying I can't turn it back. What a load of you know what. I don't like the "sponsored" ads and will be switching to another provider if this is not fixed. You can do all the advertising you like on the sides just not directly into my inbox!!!!!!!

They really don't want our feedback. What they want is our $49 per year for an ad free mail program that actually works. I hope too many people don't fall for it.

• NathalieNathalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And thank you very much to the "anonymous" of the 18 November who gave very useful advices to bring back a more practical version of Yahoo mail.

• NathalieNathalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too, so many problems with this version. I can't read properly the new mail, it's not obvious, I can't save the documents where I want on my computer, actually, I have no idea where it is saved, I can't have several mails opened in the same time and I have to close the one I read, then go back to the menu and then choose an other one, when I respond to a mail, I can't change the subject... So I don't like it at all and want back the old version, please, please, please, please, do something, as I really need it to work.

I agree with everyone else, but I know just like many companies once they design and change to something else we have to just "deal." The new version is painfully slow, buggy, and all around terrible compared to the previous. Modernizing the mail client just turned off many users of it, and I'd place my money on the majority of people wishing to switch back.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base