Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Have you been reading our customer feedback?

Same problems with
• confusing new email page • the nonsensical "upgrade" page to nowhere • a weather app that can't remember where we live • and how hard it is to get help
keep on appearing over a month after you introduced the "fresh look". Can you just assure us that FIXES for the better are coming SOON-- or even just a return to the easy old my yahoo and email? browsers?

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    C ByrneC Byrne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We do read your feedback! I’m sorry to hear that you find the new format to be confusing. This Yahoo Help article may help.

Overview of Yahoo Mail

I’m not certain what “upgrade” page you are referring to. Can you provide more details?

Finally, Yahoo Weather has it’s own feedback page! You can leave your thoughts and comments here:

Yahoo Weather Feedback

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going here:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jim Hartmajim Hartma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seems your answer to the many complaints about the changes you made is it our fault for not setting, reading and trying to understand your changes. and the famous contact someone else answer. looks like my new email ends with a g.com

• KMCorriganKMCorrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't find it to be "confusing". I find it to be ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. Poorly conceived, badly executed and seriously flawed in its operation.

Like so many of your CUSTOMERS I think Yahoo is providing NO customer service and NO satisfaction in this matter.

Yahoo mail SUCKS. I want to revert to Classic mail. It worked. Properly. The new Yahoo mail DOES NOT WORK. It is designed for use by adolescent teenie-boppers with no brains in their heads and smart phones that they can't put down for more than 30 seconds.

They're the ones that need to be told things like "Good job, you finish what you start" and "You are my Anti-Spam hero" and "Nice job, it sure looks tidy in here! "

Tell the teenagers to keep their rooms clean -- Do not treat your adult customers in such a condescending manner.

I use this email account to manage certain business matters remotely and you are seriously screwing things up for me with this pathetic webmail app.

• C ByrneC Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Yahoo and others for responding to my posted comment. In response to Yahoo's question about the "upgrade" page, attached would be a screen shot of what was appearing each time I opened Yahoo Mail for several weeks but I just found out that I can't attach it, sorry.

The problems with the "upgrade page" were that:
        1) it always showed up and required me to click on a "Continue" link even though my Safari and Firefox browsers have been up to date
        2) When you click the link to Safari update, you get an Apple Store page advertising its browser but offering no link to update! You would think your team would have tried the link and discovered this, no?

But it no longer seems to pop up -- so thanks for getting rid of it.

As for the other problems I and lot of others have had, I have to agree that you've made it too much like gmail.

Not all of us need to know what the 10th email ago in a thread said (unless we're poets?)

Anyway, I'm sure that the new Yahoo offers some useful new features for more organized people than I. Still it would be nice to not get this message so often "Sorry the page you requested is currently unavailable. Your feedback is important to us. Please try again later." It's not easy getting to the feedback pages, still.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

**We do read your feedback! I’m sorry to hear that you find the new format to be confusing. This Yahoo Help article may help.

Overview of Yahoo Mail**

I call BS! And stop posting useless links and not fixing the problems!

• Susan BSusan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lady di - I read that only 25% of Yahoo employees use Yahoo Mail. That says it all !!!!!

• lady dilady di commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ms Mayer does not give one **** and if any user thinks otherwise, sadly mistaken. The lackeys under her are between a rock and hard place. Nothing is being fixed or addressed in the mail failures or user complaints. Says it all. Try going back to a simple email to edit before sending. Good luck. NO bolding works, NO underline option, and 1000 other defects. GMail sux yes, but Yahoo makes even GMail look good. That's beyond sad. IRONY....0ver HALF of Yahoo Employees do NOT use Yahoo mail...HAHAHAHA! Surprised Mayer hasn't raked them over the coals for THAT infraction.

Maybe more people should consider using the free email address available from their internet provider? That's what I did, and it's much cleaner.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A note about the item "Overview of Yahoo Mail" (above):

Under the heading "Yahoo Mail at a Glance" there is a screenshot of the email interface and below it the following list of notes:

1. Left Navigation column
        2. Mailbox
        3. Content area
        4. Message list toolbar
        5. Settings menu

"Nothing strange about that" you might well think.

Until you note the fact that these points are numbered 1-5, while the actual items on the screenshot are labelled A-E.

This may provide an insight into the "fluffy" nature of the design team who have been working on this so-called upgrade.

One more thought... I keep reading in these messages about people threatening to go to gmail ...... HUH ????

Why would anyone go to gmail? That's what this new Yahoo Mail mess is based on. Marissa Mayer, the new CEO of Yahoo, used to be a top exec at Google and was responsible for the look and feel of gmail.

So gmail would be the LAST place I would go for a new email provider......

DD - I agree.. this has actually been a good thing... strange as that may sound. After 16 years with Yahoo Mail, I had accumulated a ton of stuff - email from websites, newsletters, blogs, organizations, etc. that I really didn't need or want anymore, but was too lazy to unsubscribe... now, I have unsubscribed from many of them and only kept the ones I truly want... those I have notified about my new email address. It has also caused me to go through my contact list and delete the ones that I don't need anymore. The purging process has been good!! I can now start with a clean slate at outlook.com which is a functioning traditional email system - what Yahoo Mail used to be.

I have read that Marissa Mayer's salary/bonuses is $30 million dollars per YEAR. And the destruction of Yahoo Mail is what she has done.... should make the downtrodden employees who are earning $30K a year take pause.... maybe one of them will come on here and say something honest for a change... like "we agree with you... this system is cr*p"

Anyway.. wishful thinking..... The only way this will hurt Yahoo is if everyone who does go to a new provider (outlook.com for everything except tabs, GMX.com if you want tabs) will.... after transitioning to their new email provider.... actually CLOSE their yahoo email account. Not leave it dormant, but actually close it. That's the only way they will know how badly they have screwed up.

• chris brownechris browne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am repeatedly confused by format changes to the email system without notice. this wastes a lot of my valuable business time trying to sort it out. for example the recent change to the email rtitles to address me as ME causes much confusion - is it me sending or are they sending it to me? Get rid of it and go back to using my email address. I really cant understand what has happened when I for ward an email anymore. It is upside down, shows only part of what I think I sent and leaves me and the recipient totally at a loss.

Chris Browne

• DDDD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed Susan - in some ways making the change has been a good thing. Like your own experience it is a 'work in progress', but on the other hand it has forced me to clean up my email subscriptions and address book which has been great - you can gather a lot of 'clutter' in 15 years. I too will keep the account open and check it periodically. Even now I have gone from being logged in to yahoo all day to checking it for a minute or two once a week.

I can honestly say that moving to GMX has been such a relief. I didn't realise just how much I hated the new Yahoo UI until I could leave it behind and use something sensible, fast and functional again. I am still stunned at how bad Yahoo's new design is. It fails on pretty much every metric.

The Yahoo devs must be hanging their heads in shame. I agree I feel sorry for the front line guys and girl who have to keep spinning lies and display a 'happy face' to the barrage of customer complaints, when in their heart they know all is lost and the product is hopelessly flawed.

Given that Yahoo Mail was their premier product and the only reason I used their home page, this stuff up is likely to be costly for them - I am sure I am not the only one who thinks like this.

Pity it is the drones that will lose their jobs, and not the arrogant and moronic folks who insisted on pushing this childish bug ridden **** out to the public.

Yahoo, it was fun. Been with you since the late 90's, but now it is clear you don't give a **** about your customers, so in turn, they don't care about you anymore either. That blade cuts both ways.

Besides, at the end of the day, We can live without Yahoo much easier than you can live with out us. I think some in management has forgotten that.

your clients the advertisers need to read these complaints and see we are going to other providers

What the *** happened to Yahoo mail
        everything is so confusion
        worst thing since i have been a user since 2003
        what the ****
        no tabs
        email replies are god knows where and
        block addresses cant be removed
        search doesnt work
        wth?

DD - i agree. It's obvious that Yahoo's CEO is not going back to the old Yahoo Mail system. So if you don't like what you have nowit's time to make the move. It 's a PITA to change email providers. But believe me ... It is worth it. I notified everyone in my contact list and then as each email came in from a website or newsletter or organization or whatever, i immediately went to the bottom of the email and clicked on the link to either unsubscribe or to change email preferences depending on whether I wanted to keep receiving their info. It took me 2 months, but now my Yahoo Inbox is down to only 1 or 2 emails a day. I've bee using my new email provider for sending all mail. Yes. It's a pain , but its very do-able. I'll keep my Yahoo account open til the end of the year just to catch mail that I've missed and then I will close my Yahoo account permanently. After 16 years, its sad. But I had no choice. Marissa Mayer has destroyed what used to be the best email system. Shame on her

• DDDD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I have friends who have moved to GMX.com and they like that"

Yep, I ended up trying and then moving to GMX. You can also link in your existing yahoo account via the GMX UI - which still uses practical and functional features like tabs, sort by sender, always visible folders, true multitasking... you know, all the good stuff that Yahoo ditched.

Worth a look. Seriously folks, Yahoo have made it very clear they are not going to fix this mess in any meaningful way. Time to look at other options.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They might read the feedback but can not act on our feedback because they, like many - probably fear for their jobs if they were to go back to the previous version!
        As Susan B commented - ' It can't be fun to come to work each day... knowing that you have to face this barrage of complaints.'
        It is often the case that the employees know what their customers want but the CEO is too far removed from the coal face to see the real world.

Actually, I don't complain because I moved to POP3/IMAP + SMTP, and I feel comfortable this way instead of having to work with 10+ different web interfaces not letting them know lots about each other.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base