Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Where have my contact lists gone??

I'm quite dissapointed yahoo.mail. There have been lots of un-excpeted changes happened lately. Lates one was today, when I realize that my contact list have been corrupted, I can't use them anymore. I ned to sen mail to 200 hundred people and now I just ca't do it.

Please fix this!!

18th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nina KovalainenNina Kovalainen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not bing able tomanage my cntactshas left me spending way toomany hurs on this. Please correc this ASAP! Also, not having autofil for my emails is really difficult! I have been with yahoo for over 10 years and am thinking of swiching! Really annoyed!

• LesleyLesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to edit a contact list..can pull up the contact, but there is no way to delete that person from that particular contact list. Need the ability to edit my contact lists. My lists are not 'listed'.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent a message to Yahoo help because my "lists" are now empty and got a reply that they are working on fixing it. No time frame was given however. The group list I use the most has about 50 email addresses and the other 2 less than that. When I click on my groups "lists" it says the file is empty! What is going on? There is no where to put someone in a group list either. I can edit or delete on that page, that's it. I am so frustrated with these constant changes to my email. I've been with Yahoo for at least 10+ years and this could be the final straw for me. It seems since they hired the new CEO- Melissa Myers - things have gone steadily down hill.

• skgskg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My contacts groups had no more than 30 in a group -- so how does that get grouped in with larger groups of 200 or more.....?
        Come on Yaho, get your ducks in a rows and head out of the ground, or whereever it is. Does money drive all of this, don't you know that you are losing customers? that cannot get making you money. Like aI said before, google will be ahead again.......

My contacts groups had no more than 30 in a group -- so how does that get grouped in with larger groups of 200 or more.....?
        Come on Yaho, get your ducks in a rows and head out of the ground, or whereever it is. Does money drive all of this, don't you know that you are losing customers? that cannot get making you money. Like aI said before, google will be ahead again.......

I agree, this is not new and improved. I have most of my individulal contacts, but ALL the groups are gone.
        Who does Yahoo check with to see if the changes are needed? The old program was much better, this new one is a definite step backwards that will have Yahoo LOSING mail users. Google, here I come till you ***** up too......

• VickiVicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My lists are there but they are all empty now. I hate the new email and want the old version. I may have to switch to gmail or something, I don't like this one at all!

• Julia NovinaJulia Novina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know Yahoo used to block users from sending emails to more than 100 people at a time. More than 100 people and they assume you are sending spam. I wonder if having a list with more than 100 people triggers some threshold, that all lists get deleted? You mentioned 200 people. That's more than they allow.
        I teach yoga at a corporation and they keep adding names to the list of employees interested in my classes. I adding the new contacts into the list I have for that corporation, and suddenly it was unable to add a name to the list and then ALL my lists were wiped out. Not just the one I was adding to. ALL of them. Very very unacceptable, yahoo. After all the recent changes and lost functions, That may have been the last straw. Ready to jump ship to hotmail or gmail!

Feedback and Knowledge Base