Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Can't pull contacts when composing email

Put the drop down back for contacts when composing e-mails

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am very sorry you’re having this problem adding contacts to an email you want to send. This feature isn’t available in Yahoo! Mail Basic. If you are using the Basic version of Yahoo! Mail, you can switch back to full-featured mode to get this feature back. For more on how to switch between Basic and regular full-featured Yahoo! Mail, please have a look at “Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo! Mail”, available at:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15090&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you are having this problem using the full-featured mode, then it is likely due to an issue with your Web browser. I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Autocomplete not working” for the best help resolving this problem. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3429&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

I hope this has helped you!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing the same problem too. However, it did not occur to my friend's yahoo account. It is very annoying. I have asked my friends sending email to my gmail account now. Yahoo has been performing very bad since one year ago!!!

• KKKK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore autofill feature. Have been with Yahoo email for 12 years now but will have to move everything to Google if this does not change back. Waste of my time.

• TETE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it correct that they took away the autofill when typing in your contact name? I assumed I had to set something up differently. Please advise!

• mary sultana.mary sultana. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having to drop down for contacts takes time out of my busy schedule plus its old fashioned.
        return to the previous system, when the contact name pops into place as soon as i print the first letter of the contact i need.

• mary sultana.mary sultana. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't pull contact when composing email, this makes it all too tedious. Please return to previous i

Feedback and Knowledge Base