Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Delete All Messages In a Folder

Really, in today's world, sometimes the number of messages in a Folder gets large. Why make me delete them 50 or 200 at a time? Why not just DeleteAll? Please implement this simple thing. Otherwise, you will end up saving them for me forever.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

163 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WalkerWalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were able to view and delete 25, 50, 100, emails at a time; we chose how many, now we can only view/delete 50 at a time. Why is this? And how can it be changed?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been posted here since January 21, 2014, is ranked 5th by Yahoo and still they do not do anything about it? Really?

• Adam EbelAdam Ebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the reason why I cannot participate on Yahoo! Groups, and why I have to end up moving my group mail to ISP email address instead of Yahoo! Mail. I have to always end up deleting 50 mails, and get this, the trash can won't empty totally.

• JoanneJoanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly my problem after medical issues kept me away from being on line I came back to thousands of emails and with this delete 50 emails at a time it will take forever. Is there any logical way to just delete all and start over? I really don't want to delete my account but I am almost to that point...ugh. Please help.

• KatKat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to delete all messages, not just 50 at a time. It's annoying, especially when my other email accounts do it, why can't Yahoo? Sometimes I delete something and it never went anywhere just goes to the bottom of the read mail...fix it!!!

• Greg GazdaGreg Gazda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic to have to do each one. I think Outlook solved this problem 20 years ago or so. It's very handy to be able to do this at work on Outlook. COME ON YAHOO- GET WITH IT.

• Robin MurphyRobin Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this poster - "I can no longer delete multiple emails from the same sender at all, & haven't been able to for quite a while. When I click on the search for a particular address, all of the emails from that sender goes into a list, I click the "check all" box, then click delete & they do not delete. I am having to delete each one individually & it can take forever!! Please fix this!"

And they cannot be deleted even individually from within a search result.

• gbgb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to delete emails is loading up one of my email accounts and I can not find anything anymore. This needs to be addressed as it's a safety issue.

• MajorcaMajorca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a nightmare. Is Yahoo preventing me from deleting emails so they can farm put my data to advertisers???!!! I'm working on permanently transitioning out of my Yahoo email account after 15 years. This is the worst mail program available. Shame on you.

I can no longer delete multiple emails from the same sender at all, & haven't been able to for quite a while. When I click on the search for a particular address, all of the emails from that sender goes into a list, I click the "check all" box, then click delete & they do not delete. I am having to delete each one individually & it can take forever!! Please fix this!

• BaziaBazia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My emails say they are deleting and then they don't! What the????? I pay you for this?

• DianaDiana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree on the need to delete larger numbers of emails. Another option would be to delete all emails that are "x" days/weeks/months old or all messages dated before "Y".

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100 or 200 per delete s/b the minimum and now you can't even see your folders, I am going to have to change even though it is a big pain. Yahooo you deserve to go bankrumpt and the shareholders go to zero. you had it and f...........it up bigtime. such as can't send text for E mail calalader alerts. What stufpid BS.

This is driving me insane also. What is the purpose of this? I get too much mail to only be able to delete 50 at a time. It's ridiculous.

I agree! It is very frustrating to have to be limited to deleting only up to 50 emails at a time.....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base