Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Settings Menus and the formatting toolbar have disappeared from my mailbox. I've lost the settings menu icon, therefore, I no longer have fo

Settings Menus and the formatting toolbar have disappeared from my mailbox. I've lost the settings menu icon, therefore, I no longer have formatting options. So, I can’t change font sizes or format my messages. The latest version of mail is completely user unfriendly and displays in a font too small to read. Please fix these problems or go back to the previous mail format.

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

It sounds like you’re experiencing these problems using Yahoo Mail because you are experiencing one of two issues with Internet Explorer: either you are using an out-dated version of IE, or IE is set to display Yahoo Mail
    in “Compatibility Mode”.

If you are using a version of Internet Explorer less than version 9, we recommend upgrading to the newest version available for your system. If you’re unsure how to do this, you should have a look at Microsoft’s IE support site at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/internet-explorer-help

If you are using a new version of Internet Explorer, but still getting this behavior then Compatibility Mode is enabled. You can find out more about this – including how to disable Compatibility View – in the Yahoo Help
    article “Fix problems caused by Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View”, available at:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22736.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • W1W1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what it sounds like is a broken record! Compatibility mode? Upgrade your Internet Explorer? there are many of us with a desktop PC running Windows XP and we're not upgrading right now! Internet Explorer 8 is as far as it goes on Windows XP. And a lot of our older computer do not have the memory to keep adding additional browsers. So if it doesn't work with Internet Explorer 8, your web designers have problems because not everybody is getting rid of their older computers with XP on them. since the beginning of time on computers web designers can create a page to recognize any browser but apparently now they choose not to which is on your end. All the **** on the new mail continuously loads, and clock speed will not keep up with this new ****. I'd rather have the basic mail, but I notice if I need to forward something to someone or even myself - it takes so many attempts 2 remove excess of of the email I want to forward and most often will not let me edit it at all. II have contacted customer care and got no replies on here 2 weeks ago. And on the feedback on the email page, I have tried to send messages every month since last June, & I get, sorry unable to send please try later... So feedback doesn't work over there either. Paying so much to ATT yahoo .... the email I feel I should not see any ads anywhere yet my mail won't even load until every ad on the page is moving.. Some days I get no mail because the ads won't load. Why make mail so difficult?? For some reason since 97 I am still getting regular mail and spam regular mail in my trash bin and spam in my Inbox daily.if y'all could just fix this and leave the rest of the mail alone, the options we had before were great and now its just a mess and getting messier. Leave it alone and have your web designers do their job their browser should be able to address which computer we're on & open the appropriate page. yahoo has plenty of ability, but refuse to utilize. Even this comment box, I'm on a samsung galaxy and the cursor will not let me correct here, it has taken me 20 minutes to write this!!! come on Yahoo, user friendly now after all these years you're certainly capable!!

• LoriLori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am experiencing the same; IE 10 and Compatibility view turned off and no ability to make any formatting changes in Mail. Frustrating!!

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IE 10 and Compatibility view turned off ... still no settings icon, no way to make any formatting changes in Mail.

Feedback and Knowledge Base