Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Go back to simple e-mail format like from 2-3 years ago, or at least offer a simple format. Since changing, it is harder to use and slower

Ever since the simple format went away, the e-mail has been harder and harder to find stuff, and very slow, or unresponsive. Can we just have the old simple e-mail format back, or have the option to use a simple format? For example, I don't need a fancy background. When I am in the read view and delete the e-mail, I want the view to either go back to the in-box or to the next e-mail, not the previous e-mail. Currently, I either can't sort the e-mails, or it is not evident as to how to sort the e-mails by sender, date, or subject line. I have to do a search of all the e-mails to maybe find what I am looking for.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We’re very sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty sorting the emails in your folders the way you want. You are able to sort your emails by sender or subject, however to do so you need to disable our conversation threading feature.

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail

You may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo Mail

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo Mail Help article Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail for the best help resolving this problem.

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going here:

Contact Customer Care

We hope this has helped you use Yahoo Mail the way that works best for you. Thanks for using our service!

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the Yahoo project managers made sure you had to stick with their 3rd grade tech project by giving you the option to go to a "basic" email that has absolutely no features whatsoever and NOT to simply remain with the existing very useful, functional, reliable, user friendly, email software.
        Their stats will show users "overwelmingly accepting their new creation." YA, RIGHT.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Words cant express how frustrated I am with this new version of Yahoo! mail. If this is the future, my 15+ year commitment to Y! will disappear. The design is completely cryptic and inflexible. Hate doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new e-mail version is terrible. It slows the computer down to a crawl. Why would I want a blurry "theme" picture in the background cluttering things up. And don't say to go back to the Basic version, it has less features than the version we were just using and is not as convenient to use. It seems like change for change sake, not real improvement. Somebody's pet project?

Feedback and Knowledge Base