Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Your spam filters haven't been working as well as they used to

Please fix your spam filters. They aren't working like they used to. And the customer care site sucks, it should be easier to simply send an e-mail.

12th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon GreenJon Green shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are always looking for ways to improve our products — thank you for the feedback!

If you are having a specific technical problem, you can contact them for help with this issue using the form at:

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL&page=contact

Once you have selected your issue from the choices, choose the “Email Support” option. In order to expedite assistance, please be sure to describe your issue clearly for the Accounts agent in the “Detailed Description” field. The more concise and descriptive you are, the better chance you’ll have of getting a quick resolution!

You may also want to have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article “Blocking email addresses or domains from sending you emails” for the steps you should take to block some people from sending you emails — thereby cutting particularly bad spammers off cold in their tracks. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3228&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

We really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us. Thanks again for all your comments!

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ya right working on it i get 409 spam in 2 days and just to that folder not including whats in my inbox i quit i went to gmail not **** there after having yahoo since it started i give up.

• Mike FahmieMike Fahmie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over the last month or so, the SPAM filter has been mis-classifying far too many legitimate emails as SPAM. I find over 90% of its contents to be non-spam. Is there a way to turn off SPAM filtering?

The blocking and spam are not working correctly, and I'm being bombarded with a ton of ****** and money-making scheme emails. I have blocked these and yet I continue to receive them. I've done an IP address search, and most of these are foreign, which I have filed a claim with the Internet Crime Division. This is definitely an Yahoo problem, and yet Yahoo tells you to use their "blocking" and "spam." What for, when it was already done, and yet this type of mail is coming in from the woodwork. I have at least 100 a day in my spam box, and some of my emails which are legit, are going there. So I have to check this every single day. What a nuisance!

• LynneLynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something is very wrong with the spam filter. More spam has gotten into my inbox. And I notice that even the spam folder has a lot more spam email in it than usual. Plus, my Avast anti virus says it just blocked something every time I click to delete all spam with the trash can icon.

Yahoo's spam filter is practically worthless. I receive dozens and sometimes even more than one hundred spam messages in my inbox every day. I mark every single message as spam, yet the next day more messages with the same subject lines land in my inbox again. Why should I bother taking the time to mark a hundred messages as spam if Yahoo isn't going to do anything about it? It's so frustrating

I too don't know whats going on. All was fine with the spam filtering for me up until 3 weeks ago. Now I have stuff in inbox I have repeatedly marked as spam that continues to appear daily ie not going to spam folder. I now have non spam from a regular sender that I am been designating not spam that's continually now going to spam. Its not working as intended now

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After many years with Yahoo, I am very concerned with the disappearance of the spam filter. In the past, I would receive maybe 2-6 spam mails per day. Over the past several months, I now receive a hundred or more per day. Can this be fixed or repaired? I am concerned about security with this much spam coming into my mail folder. Very concerned!

• Astrid N LarasatiAstrid N Larasati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you. they used to be in spam folder, but these days, i have to mark one by one and move them all to spam folder. waking up in the middle of night just for spam! frustrating indeed.

• KristenKristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo's spam filter is practically worthless. I receive dozens and sometimes even more than one hundred spam messages in my inbox every day. I mark every single message as spam, yet the next day more messages with the same subject lines land in my inbox again. Why should I bother taking the time to mark a hundred messages as spam if Yahoo isn't going to do anything about it? It's so frustrating!

Feedback and Knowledge Base