Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

I need to delete my yahoo email search history.

Why is it not possible to delete my email search history.to protect my privacy?

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MagsMags shared a merged idea: Get rid of the mail search history feature. PLEASE!!!  ·   · 
    Mohammed KaleemMohammed Kaleem shared a merged idea: Create an option to delete search mail history :/  ·   · 
    TT shared a merged idea: Can I delete recent search history in Yahoo mail? how  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: how to delete yahoo mail search history  ·   · 
    Rangelo RichardsRangelo Richards shared a merged idea: Users need to have a way to clear yahoo mail search history and any other history  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: clear yahoo mail search box?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Cannot turn off snippets in email searches.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: It's good and all, but please let users delete the search history. Or don't save it at all.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How to delete history from yahoo mail? I don't want my search history to appear in the yahoo mail searchbox.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEED to be able to clear Search Mail history  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: One should be able to delete the mail search history  ·   · 
    SandySandy shared a merged idea: The "Search mail" bar has to be able to be cleared of previous history, was told to enter the idea here  ·   · 
    SandySandy shared a merged idea: Sent request on how to "Clear Auto Fill" in Search Mail Bar? its gotta go, now, awful Privacy Breach! i am probably deleting my account!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Slightly inconvenient  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How to delete history from yahoo mail?  ·   · 
    BobyBoby shared a merged idea: how to delete serch history in yahoo mail serch  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How do you delete the email "recent search" history on the newer version of the yahoo mail? thanks!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would want to be able to delete the search history in yahoo mail... I'm not able to by deleting cookies or anything like that.  ·   · 
    hosseinhossein shared a merged idea: I want to delete or clear recent search history in yahoo mail toolbar , but i could not do it , please provide this ability for users,...  ·   · 
    joejoe shared a merged idea: can't clear history on "advanced search" in yahoo mail  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let users delete search history in Yahoo Mail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why is it impossible to disable or clear the search history in Yahoo Mail?!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add option to clear recent email searches  ·   · 
    MartinaMartina shared a merged idea: You should not automatically save previous searches  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can you please enable us to delete mail search history  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow users to delete search history  ·   · 
    Jin HuangJin Huang shared a merged idea: Please let people clear their mail search history.  ·   · 
    Jin HuangJin Huang shared a merged idea: Please let people clear their mail search history.  ·   · 
    Scott McCreaScott McCrea shared a merged idea: Please provide a means of (1) clearing "Recent Search Terms" from Yahoo mail and (2) provide a means disabling the search term retention.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: clear my search history in yahoo mail, like if I'm searching someone email via their name  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Delete history  ·   · 
    golfgolf shared a merged idea: I'd rather have the previous version - I don't like the new version.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo emailing ads based on my search history. I will change my email and never come back  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I think when I ask for directions on clearing yahoo search history you should tell me.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new mail format is horrible.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't like the email history feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEED to be able to clear Search Mail history  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: You need to make it so you can delete the "mail search history" in yahoo mail. Also you need to bring back tabs.  ·   · 
    Wilfredo GonzalezWilfredo Gonzalez shared a merged idea: clear Yahoo Mail's search history. It's a violation of my privacy rights.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: nee to be able to delete history from the "search mail" function  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please develop functionality to delete/clear history in Yahoo Mail under the recent searches field to left of Search Mail and Search Web  ·   · 
    HowieHowie shared a merged idea: clear Search Mail Recent Search history  ·   · 
    JeffJeff shared a merged idea: I want to erase my history on web search on my email. I have been told there isnt a way.  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: clear search history  ·   · 

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do not bring this back I will delete my yahoo mail account and never come back. This is BS that you have it there and never told anyone. Do you need a class action law suit against you for motivation? You may win it but how many people will keep their accounts once they know you are keeping it? it's up to you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in the world did you delete my mailbox. I was in it last week. I have given that email address to my healthcare provider. Do you just delete mailboxes when you feel like it? Now I have to give the new dam address to everyone again. I have work email and I am in IT and I work alot of hours so leave my account alone!!!

My account has ben hacked and I want to Delete the account and all the information there in. How do I accomplish that?

pls can you inform how i can completly delete all my email history,
        is it possible to contact somebody by yahoo to solve the problem

Delete YAHOO period. Going BACKWARDS in time. Spell Ckeck will not even work. It's back to AOL. Who woulda figured that to happen. Sad ending for YAHOO.

When you forward an email with an attachment or something to someone else all of the previous emails from the client shows and that is confidential info possibly and shows up on the side that it's from the other client when in fact it's from the newer client and when you scroll down through the message history you see that all of the email can be seen by a new person you don't want to see it. Yahoo should change it so that only the email you are forwarding goes to other person - not the whole history! Many times personal info gets sent or people can read everything!!! This is bad!!!!

• Jose ArreguinJose Arreguin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hola quiero pedirles un favor si me pueden ayudar con mi correo de yahoo no me aparese ningun mensaje en inbox

• NathanNathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone please tell me the benefits (if any) and the reason why people want to delete their email search history?

• JEANNEJEANNE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it not possible to delete my email search history.to protect my privacy?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I do not like the new at all. Give me the older version back NOW please!!! I am thinking of leaving after being with Yahoo for years. It's difficult to see which have been read or not (bring back two strong like black and pale colour for read and not read. Don't even like the way the e-mails are for reading now either, please just give me the old layout back. Don't like having no arrow top and bottom of screen to scroll up and down either, much easier than now. Everything about the new screen and workings are yuk! Honest, I am on the verge of leaving, I see other people feel the same, why do you impose this on us when we don't like it. Many people don't know how to get in touch with Yahoo, you don't make it easy but if you did, I'm sure you would hear much more from users, maybe that's why we can't contact you direct, at least I can't find it, this is where I ended up this morning after searching to contact you direct. There's no shame in going back to the old ways, most of the time, the old ways can be much better. Please don't ignore the comments, it's us that are using it, if everyone voted with their feet and left Yahoo Mail, where would that leave you? There are too many complaints to list, but none with the old system. Give me my old screen back PLEASE, PLEASE! OLD VERSION Please!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Although snippets are turned off in Settings and do not appear in the message list, they now appear in Search results with no apparent way to turn them off.

• SandraSandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it we can no longer delete mail in spam or regular mail. This new mail sucks and yahoo. you need to bring back the old. The new is not working. I have not been able to delate any of my emails in my inbox or spam. This needs to be resolved. How many others of us out there are having this same trouble. This is getting old. it take nearly an hour just to go through and delete thirty emails at a time. Yhaoo please get rid of this new email system and bring back the old. YOu have destroyed your client list. because if this is not resolved soon many of us will leave and find another email. I have been with you for years now and this has been the worst of all worst.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base