Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Optional Signature

it will be great, to have an option to add the signature by choice to outgoing mails.
At present if I say 'show signature'- it adds it under all outgoing mails.
Since I use the yahoo mail as a personal/work mails, sometimes I do nt want to have a signature for my work mail.

Perhaps an option to 'undo' signature - at the time of composing
or 'add' signature at the time of composing. (- the signature is set already in settings)

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    saabsaab shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: Add ability to add Signature for EACH email account added to Yahoo!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple Signatures Option  ·   · 
    GriffinGriffin shared a merged idea: "Signature" on/off icon  ·   · 
    t-boyt-boy shared a merged idea: Option to select email signature within email  ·   · 
    Nancy CurranNancy Curran shared a merged idea: signatures  ·   · 
    Rockin Scotty Rockin Scotty shared a merged idea: Ability to have more than one signature!! Keep up the great work!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Email Signature, no way to view it now in edit mode also I want back multiple signatures  ·   · 
    ry maciasry macias shared a merged idea: Before you had an option about to include, or not, signature. It was helpful  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: On replies please do not add signature line or allow for multiple signatures. Thank you.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: signature  ·   · 
    CWCW shared a merged idea: Ability to have multiple signatures is a MUST HAVE!  ·   · 

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks & Regards,
        Mr, Vaibhav Sudake
        Mobile - 09822226483
        Tushar Engineering Works,
        Ahmednagar.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently using gMail for mail. As a paying Yahoo! mail member I thought I would use Yahoo! since the interface is soooo much nicer. However, for business sake, I couldn't add a signature for each of the email addresses I've added to my Yahoo! email account.

Seriously guys, how do you expect to compete with Google if you can't even get your email REMOTELY close to being 'business' effective? You have a much better looking system, but featureless compared to others. It's embarrassing really, because Yahoo! used to be at the top.

It would be nice to have a different signature for each "account" (alias) added to the yahoo mail account. Gmail already does this.

Within the Settings/Writing Emails section, it would be very helpful to have a 'multiple signatures' option. The user can select a default signature, or quickly change the settings to use a different signature. By doing this, the user eliminates the need to hand type a different signature, and subsequently, his/her Yahoo Email account can be better used for personal and/or business use.

• GriffinGriffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I just posted a request for this and your option came up. THIS WOULD BE GREAT to have an on/off icon to select whether your signature should be used or not. Its incredibly inconvenient.

• J BingmanJ Bingman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be a feature of Yahoo's mail system that one could choose to include/not include an e-mail signature at the bottom of every message. The Compose window included a check box and the default was determined by the user's saved settings (if a signature was turned on in the settings, the default was on and vice-versa). If a user who normally used a signature wanted to turn it off, the user could simply un-check the box and the signature would not be used in that specific message (there was also a per-message setting to save or not save something in the Sent folder).

This was removed about 4-5 years ago. I pleaded vigorously with Yahoo to bring this function back but the suggestion fell on deaf ears.

This would be ideal, similar to the way Outlook allows you to select if you do not want a signature included in a reply.

• Lucille W CharlesLucille W Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You decided to use "ME" as my signature. I want to change it to My OWN NAME. I tried contacting Yahoo!Mail before and didn't even get an answer. On the Options Page there should be a box to change your name as you want it on your email. I am thoroughly disgusted with the present email options.

A while ago, I was able to edit my email signature by seeing it how it appears, no more. Also I could have more then one email signature to choose from, particularly important to have when I have many different email accounts as a Yahoo Mail Plus Paid Subscriber. Bring back these features please.

• ry maciasry macias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And, I would like to change how I defined my name to appear on sent message. I haven´t find the way, the information is not helpful. All the info is right in the account... is just on mail sent. and nothing is changing it. (it appears "rm"... I would like to edit it)

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not perfect, but I keep my signature in my 'drafts' folder with all the formatting and everything. it's fairly easy to copy and paste when you want it on an email. Like I say, not perfect but not too difficult given our tabs are (thankfully) back.

• Chris BishopChris Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple signatures per different email address that I use (my business email and my personal @yahoo email) should be standard.

On replies please do not automatically add signature line or allow for multiple signatures. Thank you.

• AriaAria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree - plus it was easy to include a picture in your signature. But then you could also easily do that in the body of an email. Now (for me) it is impossible.
        I am using classic mail and they don't even have an option for italics!

• JKM_121JKM_121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple signatures would be awesome! To 1-up everyone else, Yahoo! could recommend valedictions (including nil and custom options).

• katt1katt1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea to have an option to undo for both address and signature.
        And I like the comment about the option to include or remove a Logo.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base