Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Optional Signature

it will be great, to have an option to add the signature by choice to outgoing mails.
At present if I say 'show signature'- it adds it under all outgoing mails.
Since I use the yahoo mail as a personal/work mails, sometimes I do nt want to have a signature for my work mail.

Perhaps an option to 'undo' signature - at the time of composing
or 'add' signature at the time of composing. (- the signature is set already in settings)

12th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    saabsaab shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GriffinGriffin shared a merged idea: "Signature" on/off icon  ·   · 
    t-boyt-boy shared a merged idea: Option to select email signature within email  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: signature  ·   · 
    CWCW shared a merged idea: Ability to have multiple signatures is a MUST HAVE!  ·   · 

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GriffinGriffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I just posted a request for this and your option came up. THIS WOULD BE GREAT to have an on/off icon to select whether your signature should be used or not. Its incredibly inconvenient.

• J BingmanJ Bingman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be a feature of Yahoo's mail system that one could choose to include/not include an e-mail signature at the bottom of every message. The Compose window included a check box and the default was determined by the user's saved settings (if a signature was turned on in the settings, the default was on and vice-versa). If a user who normally used a signature wanted to turn it off, the user could simply un-check the box and the signature would not be used in that specific message (there was also a per-message setting to save or not save something in the Sent folder).

This was removed about 4-5 years ago. I pleaded vigorously with Yahoo to bring this function back but the suggestion fell on deaf ears.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be ideal, similar to the way Outlook allows you to select if you do not want a signature included in a reply.

• Lucille W CharlesLucille W Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You decided to use "ME" as my signature. I want to change it to My OWN NAME. I tried contacting Yahoo!Mail before and didn't even get an answer. On the Options Page there should be a box to change your name as you want it on your email. I am thoroughly disgusted with the present email options.

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not perfect, but I keep my signature in my 'drafts' folder with all the formatting and everything. it's fairly easy to copy and paste when you want it on an email. Like I say, not perfect but not too difficult given our tabs are (thankfully) back.

• Chris BishopChris Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple signatures per different email address that I use (my business email and my personal @yahoo email) should be standard.

• AriaAria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree - plus it was easy to include a picture in your signature. But then you could also easily do that in the body of an email. Now (for me) it is impossible.
        I am using classic mail and they don't even have an option for italics!

• JKM_121JKM_121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple signatures would be awesome! To 1-up everyone else, Yahoo! could recommend valedictions (including nil and custom options).

• katt1katt1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea to have an option to undo for both address and signature.
        And I like the comment about the option to include or remove a Logo.

• GigiGigi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

use an older version where the signature button still works. Also you can use a photo (any jpg) in the signature, just make sure it is posted somewhere online (your website or FB) copy that one that is online and paste it to your signature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is ridiculous! It used to be easy to have a signature now it is a bloody mess and I can't delete it!

• joan torresjoan torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it sucks....sorry, but why fix it if it isn't broken, you're now charging for an abortion of an application when the other was great

• CWCW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed -- Yahoo Mail is my preferred email, but it can't really be used professionally (even with Mail Plus) without the ability to differentiate between a casual and a professional signature. Wow, of all the things I was worried about before moving up to Mail Plus, this wasn't even on the list -- Unbelievable.... And just another note -- please don't limit signatures to "text only" -- the option should exist to use a logo or small image in the signature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base