Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

allow a permanent setting for BCC so the composer does not have to click cc, the bcc every email

create a permanent setting for BCC so the composer does not have to click cc, then bcc every time a bcc is needed

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Yahoo Mail Community SupportYahoo Mail Community Support responded  · 

Thank you all for your feedback regarding this functionality! You should all be seeing BCC next to CC as requested here!

Isn’t it awesome to see your feedback come to life?! Keep it coming so we can continue making Yahoo Mail the best it can be.

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I say fire the idiot that has come up with this home page/sign on page. First you had only a small amount of space that showed who the email was from and then the message showed on the remaining part of the page. This is a bunch of horse manure. Put it back like it was.
        Also when I came on this morning, you were allowing only 3 emails to show up and the rest of the screen was left for viewing the document. Also the documents appeared to be looping. The program brought up the latest email while I was working on the current one.

The way to handle this is to fire the idiot or idiots that are doing this. You could make a lot more money. BRING BACK THE OLD WAY. The new way is not very productive and is very irritating.

• BernieBernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have not been able to "bcc" my entire contact list (while having my own address in the "to" area). I have a large contact list and it seems today I must enter each name separately - that's very awkward and time consuming. When I hit contact list now it defaults only into the "to" area. Adjusting this would be a tremendous help.

• janjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure Yahoo understands what you meant. The old versions had separate CC and BCC. Now when you click you have to click again to get what you want. More clicks are not improvements Yahoo.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesnt sit there permanently under the TO line. you still have to click on it.

• LouisLouis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest an option in SETTINGS --> WRITE EMAIL that says:

Show CC and BCC lines everytime you write mail or reply to mail. That way those people who want to see these lines everytime they write or reply to email will not have to click on the button that says CC/BCC to open up those lines.

• AnonymousornotAnonymousornot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. Why cater to the most irrational suggestions? Moving the trash can from between search and star icons, and putting it at the far right, would make sense - if needed at all. But now, I must see the BCC every time. Why?

It is great that you no longer have to go through a two step process to select BCC. Now you just have to stop blocking the BCC line with the drop down suggestion menu which is rather bothersome at all times. Not an improvement.

• Bring back Yahoo Xtra mail ClassicBring back Yahoo Xtra mail Classic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would've been better if you'd not done a combined link for CC/BCC. One doesn't always want them both and they take up a lot of room on the screen with all that unnecessary white space in the line heights. Can you please separate them next to each other. So they are clickable individually.

• lonewolflonewolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about going back to the old format...stop wanting me to change my passwords/site info/folders/hiding icons..... you make folks want to go to gmail or another!!! stop with the updates..or make it optional

• toby toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea.....i'm not computer-savvy at all, so can anyone tell me the easiest email way for me to make a suggestion in the future? thanx

• b.b. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of 'Me" and the sidebar and put BCC back like it USED to be - visible at all times - before your hot shot designers took a simple interface and made it unworkable. Things that were once "one click" now take several - how is that an "improvement" in functionality?!

Oh wow, I finally get a "personal" email from your staff, boasting of your great exploits in restoring what once was a regular feature on your email, the BCC function! Like the comments below for Feb. 19, I second their viewpoint--quit messing with what works, and get rid of that stupid "ME"!! And since I haven't upgraded my security simply because you told me to, I am forced to go through three different screens to simply log on each time, clicking "skip" or "continue", because I will change my password when I am ready, not when you try and force me!! Once again, it is best if you leave things alone!!

• geogeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please take out side bar addes !! they are lewd and embarrassing

Yahoo Mail used to be the best ...not anymore. I was having so much trouble using it, I had to find another site to send important mails. If I accidentally did something wrong, everything i had worked on would vanish into thin air..
        BCC is a MUST,
        The "ME" feature is an embarrassment.

• NM GyrlNM Gyrl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A much bigger improvement would be to allow me to specify a Bcc address *in the mail settings* that will always be filled in, automatically, on every message I send, unless I clear the field manually for a particular message. Most other mail clients can do this. It saves *much* more than a single click on every message. It's also extremely valuable to have messages I send show up with incoming messages, to maintain continuity and make saving groups of related messages easier.

Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base