Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

allow a permanent setting for BCC so the composer does not have to click cc, the bcc every email

create a permanent setting for BCC so the composer does not have to click cc, then bcc every time a bcc is needed

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Spent 30+ minutes trying to find out how to show BCC (email) recipients. Yahoo help is not helpful.  ·   · 
    CarrieCarrie shared a merged idea: have cc and BCC visible at all times!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yes, change it, don't change it..too many idiotic changes...the to me from me stuff, no undo in editing, when placing a cut paste i  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please show BCC field permanently rather than only on clicking CC.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make "BCC" accessible with a single click or, better, no clicks (like it used to be)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC  ·   · 
    Richard DavisRichard Davis shared a merged idea: go back to old email. this one does not really do BCC.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't like my email set up when I am composing an email. I want to see the TO, CC, BCC, FROM and SUBJECT  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: 1 - BCC should not require 3 clicks. 2 - I do not know why you think the new is better; it isn't  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: remove those stupid boxes that cover up the cc and bcc boxes, making them impossible to use. How dumb!!!  ·   · 
    chuckchuck shared a merged idea: I like the new version less every day! Why is there no option for bcc in mail. Looks like I need a new home page.  ·   · 
    RogerRoger shared a merged idea: The Default should be BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Return to the email format of a couple of weeks ago. BCC is hard to find.  ·   · 
    AJPAJP shared a merged idea: Return to our former e-mail page; enough ads already. We don't need or want a bold banner at the beginning of our e-mails. Return the bcc  ·   · 
    Richard HildebrandtRichard Hildebrandt shared a merged idea: where is the BCC option  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Well you did it again, you screwed up mail. Leave things as they were. Your mail is soooo confusing. Where is Bcc? Do u guys use mail?  ·   · 
    Marene MayerMarene Mayer shared a merged idea: New format is AWFUL....no BCC...no Address book - you did this a month ago then switched back...this new one is HORRIBLE!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I HATE that you have changed my email look without telling me. I loved it the way it was. Send at bottom is cut off -have to scroll. No BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please add the option to display the cc and bcc fields by default  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You have hidden the BCC. It used to be visible. Now when I type a letter and want to use BCC, I often forget because it is not there!  ·   · 
    KathyKathy shared a merged idea: I cant seem to find how to CC or BCC mail any one know I would reall appreciate it,,,,,  ·   · 
    dkdk shared a merged idea: Shouldn't take 2 clicks to get to BCC  ·   · 
    CarrieCarrie shared a merged idea: Option to make bcc visible permanently  ·   · 
    RovingRoving shared a merged idea: Why not show BCC all of the time, and not two clicks away?? Move SEND back to top and before the message.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why is the BCC option hidden?  ·   · 
    Cecilia GallacCecilia Gallac shared a merged idea: I need the previous format in Yahoo Mail, where I could insert contacts in Bcc  ·   · 
    whocareswhocares shared a merged idea: SHOW CC & BCC IN HEADER  ·   · 
    Karen BowdenKaren Bowden shared a merged idea: Return To and BCC fields to the way they used to work  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why is yahoo not showing me To, cc and bcc separately?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please reinstate the CC and BCC setting for the email !  ·   · 
    PetePete shared a merged idea: No BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I want my BCC to work, give me the old format back----  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC OPTION  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEED OPTION TO HAVE BCC ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE EASILY  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't like the location of cc and bcc on the new e-mail format  ·   · 
    Paul Paul shared a merged idea: BCC group  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: bcc emailing  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yet another problem - using BCC  ·   · 
    JoelJoel shared a merged idea: To, cc and bcc fields missing  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please arrange the cc and bcc as it used to be before.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please arrange the cc and bcc as it used to be before.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Same window for CC & BCC mails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't like that you removed the automatic BCC for me. I need it for legal purposes.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC hidden  ·   · 
    G WalshG Walsh shared a merged idea: I really preferred it the way it was several changes ago. One thing…. I can't figure out how to easily insert several addresses in the BCC w  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: keep BCC available PERMANENTLY!! Clicking to find it every time is super annoying!!  ·   · 
    WallyWally shared a merged idea: Provide CC & BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: HAVE BCC STAY OPEN  ·   · 
    PN JayaramPN Jayaram shared a merged idea: How to get the BCC in the option 'forward'  ·   · 
    Claire PribylClaire Pribyl shared a merged idea: Display of Cc and BCC fields in Compose  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please allow me to go back to old format. can not even find things like BCC to send to many?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC button  ·   · 
    HelenHelen shared a merged idea: Where is the bloody BCC to be found - please fix this  ·   · 
    Orville LynnerOrville Lynner shared a merged idea: Do you have cc and bcc capability? I need that function.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I liked tjhe way it was before, now I can't even find where is the BCC method. please put it back the way it was.  ·   · 
    LarryLarry shared a merged idea: The BCC option needs to be visible always.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: dont like the fact that I can not BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC  ·   · 
    Dean DesmaraisDean Desmarais shared a merged idea: options for cc and bcc  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can't add BCC  ·   · 
    Niculici IoanaNiculici Ioana shared a merged idea: option “BCC”  ·   · 
    EvelynEvelyn shared a merged idea: Please bring back the BCC for sending emails.  ·   · 
    JOHN COLEJOHN COLE shared a merged idea: Where is BCC?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Am still not happy with this new layout, bring back the BCC in emails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Put the BCC capability back on the top of my e-mail  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC not working for groups.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can't find BCC. please return things to how they were.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC box  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How can I send BCC's  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: When you want forward an email the BCC is not available without some extra work, that is bad.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: selecting contacts in BCC mode is cumberson  ·   · 
    jeannejeanne shared a merged idea: Don't like it! On the basic you can't format. On the new one I can't use BCC. Please change this!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: BCC to show when I click compose?  ·   · 
    BBezjakBBezjak shared a merged idea: Add BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please bring back the old format. I need the bcc icon.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please bring back the old format. I need the bcc icon.  ·   · 
    Hawaii BobHawaii Bob shared a merged idea: BCC should be an opeion next to CC, should not have to click twice to do BCC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new version is terrible. I hate the way you have to dig around when forwarding in order to send bcc, the only method I forward with.  ·   · 
    Carol S YeattsCarol S Yeatts shared a merged idea: the BCC option is not available on my screen and I cannot find how to add it. Option is necessary on some emails. HELP  ·   · 
    sheila brookssheila brooks shared a merged idea: Give back BCC in email. Not everyone needs to see the list of addys when I send message out.  ·   · 
    Paul StylesPaul Styles shared a merged idea: I want to be able to set BCC as a default to open on all new emails and forwards. The new process is awkward and time consuming.  ·   · 
    MaureenMaureen shared a merged idea: It really stinks. The whole thing is messed up, cannot BCC or go back to emails.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Where is the "BCC" option now?????????  ·   · 
    Wendel AnonymousWendel Anonymous shared a merged idea: What happened to BCC on Email addressee portion??  ·   · 
    TeriTeri shared a merged idea: Cannot find BCC to put names I am sending to - WHERE IS IT. ??  ·   · 
    EvEv shared a merged idea: where's the bcc for forwarding mail? how could you forget it..  ·   · 
    nwmshr@yahoo.comnwmshr@yahoo.com shared a merged idea: Hate new email. Where is the BCC??? Where are my contact groups? Can't find anything. Simply awful. What a waste of my time. Want to sw  ·   · 

171 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. Why cater to the most irrational suggestions? Moving the trash can from between search and star icons, and putting it at the far right, would make sense - if needed at all. But now, I must see the BCC every time. Why?

It is great that you no longer have to go through a two step process to select BCC. Now you just have to stop blocking the BCC line with the drop down suggestion menu which is rather bothersome at all times. Not an improvement.

• Bring back Yahoo Xtra mail ClassicBring back Yahoo Xtra mail Classic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would've been better if you'd not done a combined link for CC/BCC. One doesn't always want them both and they take up a lot of room on the screen with all that unnecessary white space in the line heights. Can you please separate them next to each other. So they are clickable individually.

• lonewolflonewolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about going back to the old format...stop wanting me to change my passwords/site info/folders/hiding icons..... you make folks want to go to gmail or another!!! stop with the updates..or make it optional

• toby toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea.....i'm not computer-savvy at all, so can anyone tell me the easiest email way for me to make a suggestion in the future? thanx

• b.b. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of 'Me" and the sidebar and put BCC back like it USED to be - visible at all times - before your hot shot designers took a simple interface and made it unworkable. Things that were once "one click" now take several - how is that an "improvement" in functionality?!

Oh wow, I finally get a "personal" email from your staff, boasting of your great exploits in restoring what once was a regular feature on your email, the BCC function! Like the comments below for Feb. 19, I second their viewpoint--quit messing with what works, and get rid of that stupid "ME"!! And since I haven't upgraded my security simply because you told me to, I am forced to go through three different screens to simply log on each time, clicking "skip" or "continue", because I will change my password when I am ready, not when you try and force me!! Once again, it is best if you leave things alone!!

• geogeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please take out side bar addes !! they are lewd and embarrassing

Yahoo Mail used to be the best ...not anymore. I was having so much trouble using it, I had to find another site to send important mails. If I accidentally did something wrong, everything i had worked on would vanish into thin air..
        BCC is a MUST,
        The "ME" feature is an embarrassment.

• NM GyrlNM Gyrl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A much bigger improvement would be to allow me to specify a Bcc address *in the mail settings* that will always be filled in, automatically, on every message I send, unless I clear the field manually for a particular message. Most other mail clients can do this. It saves *much* more than a single click on every message. It's also extremely valuable to have messages I send show up with incoming messages, to maintain continuity and make saving groups of related messages easier.

Thank you.

• dave wehrlindave wehrlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one down. now how about restoring the ability to choose recipients from a list all at once instead of having to hit a letter, make a choice, hit another, make a choice etc. heck, by the time I'm finished trying to cc folks the news is already old!! While you're at it restore ability on old method to forward attachments.

• CarterKellyCarterKelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could easily be dead before my awesome feedback comes to life. It has puzzled me that so many of the useful features of Yahoo email have disappeared over the years, to be replaced by dumbbell features in the name of PROGRESS. I've used email for probably longer than many of your algorithm writers have been alive, and if they didn't learn this in school, now is the time: Hey Kids, if it ain't broke don't fix it. When your customers have valid complaints, pay attention. Also,
        complaints are NOT the same as feedback and shouldn't take a year-plus to fetch a response.

Now, how about some attention to these "Conversation" threads? They are a real nuisance.

YES! I deeply appreciate that change in functonality. Saves me a click on pretty much every email.

Thank you, Yahoo!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base