Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

The new mail system is terrible, go back to the old one or at least give users the option

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • hedyhedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use two diff emails... they both come to same inbox.. they BOTH SAY "ME" on them.. there is no longer any way i can tell which is which and that messes up too many things.. WHY HAVE 2 emails provided to us if they come to us as ME???
        also hate the way addresses are posted.. i can no longer copy paste one to place in an email to someone... i have to write it down then retype it into an email.. you people are ridiculous.

• hedyhedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i chose to stay on BASIC and found myself somehow switched to new which i just read emails now and hardly ever send anymore....i just hate hate hate scrolling thru other old emails to find a new reply...does not make sense.. the last email should be on TOP...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new system either. AND deleting e-mail messages proves to be impossible is multiples. The check box does not appear every time Yahoo Mail is accessed! Why is that happening now? There many spam e-mail included in regular e-mail messages. Some are very vulgar!

• GemmaGemma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really dislike the new email format. Firstly, the grouping together of emails in one conversation is really confusing and a few times I have ended up emailing the wrong person as a result! Also, what is with the advertisement. You allowing spam to go in my inbox without the option of removing it. Really odd!

• Ima TurdherderIma Turdherder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Negative comments far outweigh the positive comments. Hard to believe that your beta testing resulted in a set of results that supported your decision to roll out this terribly unpopular "upgrade" to the email software.

• Arlin ReedArlin Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't forward emails...pop up shows words to to copy in a box with lines though them to prove I am human!! What is this...I type in what I can make out and it sends me another word etc. Will not let me forward anything..also mail is slow loading...I am not happy with the new mail at all...

• lynnlynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyday there is a new problem with my email. Sometimes it doesn't load, I can't access it ect.
        Today it says I have 31 unread emails in a folder - there are no unread emails there. Yesterday it said I had 36 new unread emails in my mail box - there were none. It drives me crazy! It is so slow besides. I use yahoo email for my business. I can't be having these problems. I am considering changing. Fix it!

• Ticked OffTicked Off commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much dislike the mandatory cell phone number as a means of back-up. We're in the military, and are constantly changing countries, states, numbers and phones. When we leave Japan for the states, our mobiles will no longer be with us. How are we to access our mail if we have no way to retrieve the message?? Requiring a mobile number is a horrible idea! Go back to security questions at the least. And why change anything at all? Were there complaints about the previous version?

******** i CAN'T ACCESS MY EMAIL!!! qUIT CHANGING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• FreddieFreddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me, too. Hate it, hate it, hate; but, they're not going to do anything about it--Or so they have already told me. Anyone want to switch to Gmail with me?

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I despise the new format - it's so NOT user-friendly! There seems to be so many problems, like sometimes not being able to reply within an email, and having to scroll down through an entire chain of responses just to find the 'send' button. Sometimes features are available within the email and sometimes they're not; this makes no sense. I get so frustrated trying to figure out how to do things. Give us back the option to use the old version!

• IreneIrene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I absolutely dislike the new email. New is not always better. Put it back. This new version is very hard to use.

• RozBuudsRozBuuds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's wrong with Yahoo? Stop with the changes. The email is the worst ever. Fortunately I don't use it for my personal e-mail. Only use Yahoo mail at home for checking work e-mail. I must write I will stop checking when at home because it is HORRIBLE! It is a scrambled mess.

I agree. There's an old adage that should apply here: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

• Cuffed JeansCuffed Jeans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you feel you have to keep messing with "change"? You know, sometimes you get to where you want but then you move again. If it's working, don't mess with it unless your just adding.

• Dave SundellDave Sundell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo Mail keeps switching from "Basic" to "Full Featured" and it is getting real old. Using the "settings" we switch back to "Basic" and after getting out and back in we end up back to the "full featured" view.

We have no use for the new view and would like to stick and keep it stuck to the "basic" view.

So, why doesn't the "basic" view stay stuck?

Also, i don't like the advertising line that shows up in the list of emails, making it look like an email line. peer greed going on here.

Please correct.

my husband and I both hate the new e-mail. Take the advertisement off the top. Stop stacking same heading e-mails all into one. sometimes I'm missing a message because they are under the same heading. Stop putting 'me' in the inbox.....I also agree with the top comment. On the home page take off that huge advertisement.........Change is not always better.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not just the email but the home page apple ads and the like taking up 1/3 of the **** page. Yahoo making it so easy to go to google main page ... NOTHING is there but a search bar..... far better than all the ads mixed in with news ...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base