Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Yahoo was the best mail server...now its the worst..by far

Yahoo was the best mail server...now its the worst..by far...nothing but problems every time you use it....problems that they ignore.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EvEv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just change your E Mail all this aggravation is not worth it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new e mail, gives me headaches, please let me know how can I change it to the classic version I had beforel, PLEASE!

• ApheliaAphelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG, please fix this problem. I am trying to delete my emails, and I am not able.
        Why???

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all these comments. Yahoo mail now takes forever to load when you start it up. I often walk away from the computer and do a few things rather than wait. I am also frequently in the last few months getting a new message when I try to open certain emails that it is "taking longer to load than normal do I want to try again". It is becoming more and more cluttered with ads and dysfunctional!!

Okay ... I've been having problems, now I'm ready to trash everything connected to yahoo. Sent a newsletter to my "Group" which consisted of 63 people this morning. The attachment was garbled and then my "Group" list was totaling deleted except for three people. I also lost all of my "Groups". It something I will have to totally redo and I am not about to do that on this again. I have had this email address for about fourteen years. What has happened to this company?

• Rick Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

anonymous WAS RIGHT! I USED TO BE ABLE TO COPY AN ENTIRE SET OF ADDRESSES FROM A RECEIVED EMAIL TO AN EMAIL I AM SENDING! NOW I HAVE TO COPY A LIST OF 50 ADDRESSES ONE BY ONE. I just spent two hours with addressing an email I have used yahoo since 1997 and for the first time am seriously considering getting a google account and dropping Yahoo!

I totally agree, this system is dreadful. It takes ages to do anything, it won't file e-mails and I dislike the new e-mail format. We shouldn't have to continually "fix" issues - please just read all the feedback and bring back a working system

I want basic email back in the beginning but I got us to the new version now they tell me I need to upgrade the browser so I can use the new version again guess what I'm still stuck with the basic version tried all suggestions on web site none work still get warning that I need to up grade
        VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow - yahoo e-mail just sucks now. Was on yahoo, changed to gmail and hated it, so I can back to yahoo. Now you are as bad or worse then gmail. Thinking I should just go back. You guys are idiots for making it so bad, when there wasn't anything wrong with it!!!

I really "love" how I sign in, entering password and everything...and barely a minute into being logged in and going through my messages I get logged out and told I need to verify my password periodically and need to re sign in?... even though I just signed in from scratch not barely a minute before? Dumb... and it happens every single time. Wtf. Ive been using yahoo for many many years...guess I'll use that email to sign up for things that usually end up sending spam and use a more a reliable email service since this one sucks now.

• anonanon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They changed the way it is because of greed just like on the main page you have all of the ads even in your mail folders you have ads above your mail to sides of it so you click on it and they get paid.

Ps customer support is a joke as well since if you want to talk to them you can't they want to send you to this link are another and it turns into a big waste of time they dont care about there users only the money I'm sick of being sent message like

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  ·  Jun 26, 2014
        Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter with Yahoo Mail:

Fix common problems in Yahoo Mail

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going here:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

Sometimes if things are not broken don't fix them :) in this case sometimes forcing users to upgrade will always back fire. No we don't like change as users but we will evolve into good UI UX :) if done with human behavior in mind Not! just data structure. Give me back my image folder under my folders please Old Rev version please thank you. I like old **** UI in this case thank you.

• ferdie4ferdie4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I compose and put the first couple of letters of a name in the "To" line, I used to get people from my address book. But now I get all these strange names and addresses not in my address book. The person in my book won't even come up. Second, emails are terrible. Return to the previous format. How many comments does it take to get this through to Yahoo or do we all have to bail to other email providers?

Stop pointing me to documents that will supposedly "resolve" all the issues. Just restore the previous version. It had no issues!!!

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used Yahoo Mail exclusively for 20 years - both personally and professionally. I recommended it to everyone I knew. It was, by far, the most user-friendly, dependable, and universal service - and I shop around regularly...

I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty tech savvy and this new version is cluttered, uncooperative, and nearly impossible to navigate. I can't find things even WITHIN the email I'm reading! And now I discover the links within emails can't even be clicked? WTH?!?!

I won't even mention how, over the last year, my emails have gotten lost, were there 1 minute and gone the next (when they arrived at all), took days or even weeks to arrive in my Inbox, or sometimes my Inbox downloaded emails that were YEARS old! And don't get me started at how, over several months, it was nearly impossible to attach files, which I rely on heavily in my business.

LISTEN UP! I have been more than loyal and patient thus far, but after 20 years, if something isn't done soon to make my email experience with Yahoo as simple and dependable as it used to be, I'm going to dump it and go somewhere else. As much as I hate Google and Hotmail, even they are preferable to what Yahoo Mail has become. My business depends on my ability to communicate and my sanity depends on being able to do that without ripping out my hair every day in frustration!

If you don't change how the Mail folders work, or even the tabs (which I don't mind), what's going on INSIDE the actual emails themselves HAS TO BE FIXED! I need to be able to click on links, send attachments, and scroll through long emails that have gone back and forth over time. These are deal-breakers!

I really, really hate the new Yahoo Mail. And don't think it is just because people don't like change........ change can be good if it makes things simpler... however this change definitely DID NOT! I am investigating other providers, as I cannot stand much more of this stupid change.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base