Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Get rid of the new ads that appear at the top of my inbox!

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Reviewed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Please know that advertising helps us keep Yahoo Mail available free of charge. If you would like to stop seeing advertising within Yahoo Mail you may want to consider Yahoo Premium (Ad Free) Mail. Please see this Yahoo Help article to learn more.

Overview of Yahoo Premium Mail

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is utter nonsense. Gmail, Apple -- companies that respect customers, don't advertise in email. As far as I'm concerned, this is just spam that I can't control. There are other ways to generate revenue that don't worsen customer experience and thereby loyalty. Here's a quote you should take to management: "There is only one boss: the customer. And he can fire everyone in the company...simply by spending his money elsewhere."

• ex yahoo mail userex yahoo mail user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you cant provide an email servic for free like most other email servic providers then you need to give up. No other provider dose this, ive allready switched.
        What if i suddenly decide that by placing your sponsored mail in to my inbox means that you are now agreeing to give up your terms and conditions and are now adired to my terms and conditions of wich you are agreeing that you will pay me £1000 per sponsored email i click on and a weekly rent charge of £500 per week the sponsored email resides therein &£500 for every advert i read.

• Jill JonesJill Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, I pay for your service, and it used to include preventing my content from being obscured by ads. This is utterly disgusting.

Of all the places to put an add this is the worst! Maybe it's time to use a different service.

We all understand that ads help keep Yahoo mail free. However, this location is extremely annoying, and inhibits the ability to read one's inbox - it looks like an unread message, not an ad. There are a lot of free mail programs out there - for years Yahoo has been the best - but that seems to be changing.

Yahoo Admin: I totally get it that ads keep yahoo free and have no problems with them. What I do have a problem with is you making the add appear as if it was the first unread email in my inboox! That is misleading and tantamount to phishing!

Feedback and Knowledge Base