Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Show Attachment Icon

Usually people do not like changes, but in this case the changes are not good.

1.- Showing the attachments on TOP of the e-mail is useful for verification that we have attached a file.

(It should come back this feature)

2.- Showing the attachment on TOP and the type of attachment too ie (PDF, JPEG, RAR, etc)

(This feature is very important because our company received hundreds of spam e-mails asking us to open an attachment. If we recognize as RAR or ZIP we do not open the attachments).

3.- Please remember that changes should show improvement and benefit. In this case having an attachment at the bottom without showing the ICON of the type of attachment is not helpful at all.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ECoECo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please show attachments at the top of the email and what type.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get attachements back to top of e-mail instead of at the bottom of a 20 e-mail chain.  ·   · 
    Mary Kay MitchellMary Kay Mitchell shared a merged idea: I want the send and attach button BACK ON TOP of my email.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Move ATTACHMENTS and SEND back to TOP of page!!  ·   · 
    Gale ErbeGale Erbe shared a merged idea: I do not like the send button at the bottom of the screen. I also do not like the attachments at the bottom of the full e-mail. Better at to  ·   · 

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MY CLIENTS are replying that I forgot the attachment... if MY CLIENTS are used to seeing attachments at the top of emails... I would appreciate it if yahoo would not think it is in my best interest to retrain MY CLIENTS... PLEASE put the attachments back at the top of the email.

• HorrifiedHorrified commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like a great idea to me. Makes things more professional if you know that there is something you may have to create an answer back based upon what is in the attachment.

A paper clip icon at the top tells me nothing, other than that there is an attachment. There is easily room on the same line to display the file name, type of file, and the size. Then it will be a much quicker more convenient decision of whether to open it, download it, delete the email, etc.

• KimberlyKimberly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just out of curiosity, I checked to see what the top ranked issue is on the feedback page.....You're kidding, right?? Stationery is the 1st ranked issue. With all of these glitches.....Fix the auto-suggest, fix the "me" address problem, fix the BCC issue, fix the sub-folder issue, fix the filters not working issue, fix the attachment icon issue (and these are just the issues I am having personally)......the list goes on and on. And yet the 1st ranked issue is noted as stationery. And support has it noted as "Started - you asked, we listened". Please get with your programmers and fix the glitches first.

• jalanjalan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And showing the size of the attachment is important too. With my internet, if someone sends me a 5MB photo, I don't want to download it. I want to see right away what kind of file it is, AND how big it is.

• KimberlyKimberly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please move the attachments back to the top of the email and include the type of attachment.

• _ __ _ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your suggestion is simply good design. I suspect Yahoo saw that Google did the same thing (attachments at the bottom...) and thought that's what they should do. I would very much like to have attachments at the top again.

The attachments really should be on top like they were before. If you have to attach something to a long email chain, there is a good chance it will get lost on the bottom and some people will not see it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, I see you have now added an attachment icon at the top of the email which when clicked takes me to the attachments at the bottom. This is definitely an improvement.

• AureaAurea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I forwarded an attachment it was easy for the receiver to view prior to changes. I hardly use this except to receive my statements now.

I liked and understood this email service before the new changes. I have never had another account and I'm ready to change. No longer happy with it especially the mobile app. Simple is better. If I forward an email or attachment, my receiver should not have a hard time finding it. It should be viewable the same way I send it. No Longer Happy with Yahoo Mail:(

Attachments really need to be at top of emails. When email conversations are long you have no way of knowing that there is an attachment now that they are placed at the very bottom of the conversation. I have missed attachments many times since this change occurred and it's embarrassing, annoying and time consuming for both sender and receiver.

Yes please.
        Also, please show the presence of attachments when email messages are printed!

• Ibrahim YousafIbrahim Yousaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using yahoo since 1998 i foun good service
        But some time not sending my mails and not sign in in any other device .
        Please easy my system

Good Suggestion!
        Being able to SEND from the TOP of the page rather than the bottom would also be WONDERFUL!
        A real bonus would be that a print of an email includes an indication that the email had come with attachments. So simple. So helpful.

Yes... please return the attachments to the TOP of the email... or... provide an "Attachment Location" option in the settings. I'm hard pressed to understand who would like their attachments at the bottom of the email???

• Charlotte BrooksCharlotte Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having issues with Yahoo every blessed day. Emails I'm sending are often not arriving, I'm not receiving some emails, and I can't attach a file. Often I have to try a couple of times to open my inbox. Yahoo mail service started to get bad a while ago, and is just getting worse.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base