Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Allow editing of contact information for existing contacts from the message compose window.

this is a basic feature which yahoo mail does not have.makes it really difficult to operate..

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SidSid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BhawaniBhawani shared a merged idea: Cannot edit contact information for existing contacts from the message compose window.  ·   · 
    Responded  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Thanks for this suggestion! With the launch of the Contact Card feature you can now edit contact details directly from your inbox or a message window. When you hover over a sender’s name or an address that you’ve added to an email a contact card will appear. Any details that you add or update will be automatically reflected in your contact list.

Please take a look at our help article below for more details on this feature:

Contact cards in Yahoo Mail

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SidSid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why cannot i edit contact details from sent mail..why so restrictions..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't actually work. I hovered over the address I had put in the "to" field and nothing happened. No card, no editing window, nothing.

• nonyanonya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo mail has gone to the F'ing $h!ts over the past year or two... I'm done with this garbage!

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, putting the address in the little bubble, so I can't edit it, is annoying. Especially if I have to look at another tab, to try to get it typed in correctly, and when i come back to type some more, it's locked in a stupid bubble.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't even know how to find my contacts I have now, let alone to edit the ones I presently have or adding new ones. I hate this New Email format!

• RameshRamesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have "recent contacts" in the actions section. Why can't I delete those which I don't want?

• Zsuzsanna ZsolnaiZsuzsanna Zsolnai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My mail has been hacked. So I've made another inside my previous mail. Still that I didin't receive any mail.. Is it working my new mail add? I gave infirmation to all my friend, family, other contact regarding my new mail add... I must receive mail, when I order a food.. ??? What to do?

Thank for help.

Zsu

• sorrysorry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I've seen that this has just been added but with a normal click.

• sorrysorry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you receive an email for the first time you used to be able right-click and add it to the contacts immediately, Now you have copy the email address, go to contacts and then create a new contact. So much longer. The old version had it sussed.

• Nurul AminNurul Amin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the yahoo web site because by this web move to easy to other website & open easy the personal email. Many thanks to yahoo users.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base