Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Add a quick button "permanently block e-mail address" to the spam folder.

Add a quick button "permanently block e-mail address" to the spam folder.

- Icon to quickly permanently block unwanted e-mail addresses in the spam folder

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KR SMKR SM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    manymany shared a merged idea: Put a "block address" option in the spam folder for easier blocking.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Put a "block address" option in the spam folder for easier blocking.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: There should be an option in the spam folder to block that same recipient from emailing. Once we mark email as spam it should be blocked.  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We appreciate your feedback! I’ve made a note of this and we will be carefully considering your feedback when planning the future of Yahoo Mail. Comments like yours are the best way we have to understand how to build a better product for all our users.

If you would like to add a sender to your blocked list you can currently do that from with your account settings menu. For instructions please take a look at our help article on that subject:

Block addresses in Yahoo Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN16025&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YasYas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to write the same proposal!
        The 'block this mail' button will totally improve the ux of yahoo!
        Hope it will happen soon :)

• Robert DixonRobert Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I received 82 spam emails over a 12 hour period today, 82 spam emails!!! This is absolutely absurd and explains why I am switching to Gmail. I don't want to be inundated with recurring trash emails or "advertising" as I am certain that you would call them.

• Rose Marie BarrientosRose Marie Barrientos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOU KNOW WHAT IS WORSE THAN GETTING SO MANY SPAM MAIL????

BEING IGNORED BY YAHOO!!!!!!!

WE ALL BLA BLA BLA ABOUT OUR PROBLEM

AND S I L E N C E IS THE ATTENTION WE ARE GIVEN

SINCE THIS IDEA WAS POSTED IN JULY 2014.

THE SOLUTION POSTED AT THE BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER

D O E S N ' T WORK !!!!!!!!

THEY IGNORE THE FACT THAT WE CONTINUE RECEIVING A LOT OF SPAM

AND PAY NO ATTENTION TO OUR POSTS BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT SOLVE

THIS PROBLEM.

• SandySandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To: Product Support (Admin Yahoo) -- the blocked addresses feature is not only cumbersome to use, it is useless to yahoo email users because the abusive spammers just keep changing their email addresses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have blocked IP addresses and used spam deleting options to no avail, In fact I think they have increased my spam to the point that we are getting anywhere from 20-30 per day, much of it from **** or dating sites. Yahoo needs to have a better spam blocker. I hesitate to change email addresses, since it is used for much of my personal stuff.

Yahoo sent instructions to block addresses in Yahoo Mail, but these instructions were obsolete. There is no settings icon on my mail page, and I have searched all over and cannot find anywhere to click on 'blocked addresses'. Bogus!

How do I enter an email address to block if I don't know what it is? Would have to open spam to get address and I don't want to do that. I get 35-50+ spam messages every day!!!
        Makes more sense to tag the message in spam and have it blocked there. Thanks

I agree with the people that say Outlook has at least tried to solve the problem with putting a block button along with the spam button. A domain block would be the very best solution as there are too many different email addresses affiliated with the same domain. It is very discouraging and I'm ready to leave Yahoo too. Tired of all the garbage you allow. You used to be the very best too bad you went to blazes. I currently have over 500 spam e-mails and will just leave them until you come up with a solution. Curtis

I keep adding these to my block sender list. It is filling up fast and takes so much time. You need to have a better system to block spam. It makes one not want to have a yahoo email. I also think you are just trying to get people to purchase the upgrade.

No, I mean a one-button option where you can also REMOVE someone from the "blocked" list - not some laborious sequence where you have to go to a site and type in the sender's address! In other words, check the sender, go to "more" see the options "add sender to blocked list" and conversely, "add sender to 'safe' list"

I must agree with the people that say Outlook has at least tried to solve the problem with putting a block button along with the spam button. A domain block would be the very best solution as there are too many different email addresses affiliated with the same domain. It is very discouraging and I'm ready to leave Yahoo too. Tired of all the garbage you allow. You used to be the very best too bad you went to blazes.

I am tired of getting nasty spam emails that even my filters are not working on, takes forever to block them and sometimes that does not even work and I can't unsubscribe as they call it because the link does not work. SO ****** off and ready to switch email companies. My gmail does not have this problem but it is just my back up and Yahoo is my main, well at least for now, if this does not change I will no longer have yahoo.

• adamadam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my yahoo account is blocked, how to unblock it??? please text me at 703-789-7770. thnx

great site to recommend easier ways to hack people... .. same person using multiple aliases to reiterate suggestions is lame. J NO

I would like to temporarily suspend my yahoo account in the hopes that all the spam will stop once I reopen my account in a month, is this possible to temp suspend my account so I don't loose my original sign in? Yahoo has a horrible spam blocking system that doesn't work!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base