Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Keep the original sender address (disposable) as the reply address (not default to Primary)

I send an email from a disposable address, then it is replied to - if I then reply to that it defaults to replying as my primary email address (not the disposable one being used).
This ridicules the disposable address principle and requires an extra check/ change before sending.
Old version did not do this.
Seems more of a bug than an improvement!

15th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LyndaLynda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LyndaLynda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sorry guys - this issue is driving us all crazy, but I cannot find a way to get yahoo to respond or action this. It should be reopened, but they are just ignoring the issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still an issue as of July 2015. Is this ever going to be fixed? It seems like there was a time when this issue only occurs when replying to email in which your Disposable email address is part of many cc: list. But it looks like recently, even if you're the only recipient of the mail, replying to that mail will default your From to "primary email". I'm about to give up on Yahoo Mail.

yahoo! Will you please update your response to this. What is the intended behavior of Yahoo! mail. If someone writes to me on a disposable address and I write back. - shouldn't my reply be from the mail address they wrote to? It is how it used to work until a month or two back.

It is a standard email function -to reply back as the same person.

If you intend to change the behavior and this is not a bug can you please point to the documentation where this is explained.

I opened a ticket with customer care, Yahoo! for this. they responded quite quickly but failed to understand that I was not requesting a feature. basically I got the shove-off where they said they assume it is fixed unless they hear from me again. Yahoo!, consider this my response. Please fix it. Is this not a problem for all disposable address users?

• LyndaLynda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed - why is this "completed" when the issue persists?
        I will post it again until we at least receive a reply.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did Yahoo! mark this as "Completed". *** It is not completed *** , the behavior is exactly as before. I send an email from my work email to one of my disposable Yahoo! email addresses. When I receive that in Yahoo! mail, I click reply and the send from address is changed to my primary account email instead of the one it was sent to.

There have been a number of other reports of this problem on this forum. I don’t understand why Yahoo! is ignoring this problem with their software.

This is a bug, since the software is not behaving the way it’s supposed to, per Yahoo! Mail documentation and standard practice. When you reply to an email, it’s supposed to retain the sent to address.

I agree with everyone....lots of frustrations with new format. Please go back to original format

• Health ScentsHealth Scents commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've spent 2 hours trying to remove the address listed under "Reply To" and it's literally impossible.
        The default should be the primary address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely infuriating!!!!!

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this bug happens recently and it's very annoying. I have a few email address associated with my account. When I reply email sent to any of them, the default sent-from address should be that specific address instead of my primary address.

Yes - I also like the comment suggestion to have the ability to set a default "from address" to be other than your login.

Of all the annoying things that have happened to yahoo recently this bug is the worst!

mark po ha shyhagtre dahynds hyhds hyhads hyhagtre gafre ds hyhagtre ?imss you do me haha ok ?jun 14 ds hyhagte dahyhagtre bshgtre sahynds hy ds baye na po

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, I just noticed this. It is a bug or change to the software and is really annoying. One more thing that has degraded in Yahoo! this year instead of getting better. Yahoo! team, I have promoted Yahoo! over the years to other people due to this cool disposable address feature. This year I am quickly moving toward being a detractor rather than net promoter. You can change that so easily.

What I would like is the ability to set a default sending address for totally new messages from my list of disposable addresses. I'd also like this bug to be fixed as it only makes sense that one would reply from the same mail address you received on.

Sincerely,
        Mark

Feedback and Knowledge Base