Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

Your format for checking previous emails in a chain is so confusing that i can't describe what i hate about it because it makes no sense.

wow. even your method for submitting feedback is overly complicated. i would ask you to simplify but at this point i am convinced that you don't understand that concept.

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RickRick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going here:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree with you more. It's a nightmare. I have no idea what I received from whom and when, and I'm too scared to reply as I don't know who's going to get it so start a whole new chain.

• NitinNitin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree it is not well laidoff. For example, you have no idea which email of the chanin you are responding or forwarding...

I agree. The new Yahoo (aka GMAIL's inbred cousin) now has all the same problems as GMAIL. Conversation view just plain sucks. We use Gmail at my job and I absolutely hate it. Yahoo has gone down the same stupid path.

• barbrabarbra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just commented that I totally agree that the grouping of emails is a mess. Also grouping of posts and email together has made it impossible to use Yahoo groups 'search function'. I can't find anything. Really, my yahoo mail was my first internet address. I've had it forever and hate to change it becaues it is linked to so many things but it's almost totally unusable for me. I can't believe anyone tried this out before they marketted it!]

• barbrabarbra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! I have folders that I put mail in that I want to save. Now when I have incoming mail that has the same subject, it gets deposited in the folder where the subject began. I don't even know it came in. The messages are all clinging together like a mass of angel hair pasta. I can't figure out which one came first, which one I have read already. Why not give us a way to opt out of these messages all clinging together like this?

has yahoo mail got a big problem y i can"t get them emails to open only a few its sucks like this

I couldn't agree with you more. I dispise the new format with the email chain. please go back to the other format.

• PatriciaPatricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for a management company and must constantly print threads of emails for our monthly report. Wow what a complicated task this is. They do not print in order and they do not print more that three at a time so you have to click on each one to print all. Very time consuming. Isn't there a better way?

• meribeth Clearwatermeribeth Clearwater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't think he said the issue was conversations. that is what makes yahoo so confusing. you assume we are idiots and don't know the difference between the limited options we have. so you end up with users that are very capable of using your mail service without a hitch if it worked properly or if we could contact you and ask for help on anomolies or exceptions. instead we climb on a merry go round of circles containing condescending remarks full of asusmptions with the handy dandy "begin the circle of yahoo **** again?" link i.e. customer support because you thought we needed a new starting line to the question. and see WE have limited characters asking you for help. So we hope you will clarify what we need by asking for info we can't or didn't think to put in the question. cuz we haven't a clue what you need. everything doesn't work or won't fit, and people aren't at yahoo help. so maybe the problem isn't your illiterate customers, maybe its once again staffing, respect, timeliness, and THE DESIRE TO WANT TO HELP AND HAVE A GOOD PRODUCT that is the problem just my two cents worth. classic yahoo. you're stupid click this button that is in the only help paragraph on this topic. if that doesn't work start over and do it again. read your paragraph click support go in circles back to paragraph cuz all help menus lead back to paragraph or start over. super great. yahoo. much improvement since this forum was put in place to gather ignored complaints instead of every product review forum where they wind up anyways. bandaid is full of blood still bleeding. what to do? nothing. yahoo says bleeding stopped already or was impossible to even acknowledge bleeding started or bleeding did not start. . ignore bleeding. meanwhile... bleeding.

my inbox was changed , now all mails was grouped by conversation.
        example me\sender name\ me \sender name\ same on sent folder.
        how can i back to normal view? Even your feed back input sucks.......

I cannot find a way to leave feedback where it seems like it is actually received. Your Product Support comments on these feedback topics are so frustrating and crazy-making. I have put a permanent automatic response on my email directing them to my new gmail account. You have made using yahoo completely unpleasant and weird.

• Thaddeus WeakleyThaddeus Weakley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is SO TRUE, Rick!

Problems include putting older/ historic parts of the email chain above the response/recent part. Thus breaking the logic and order of the chain with the newest on top throughout.

While being able to collapse parts of the chain could be avantageous if done properly, the scroll bar, within a scroll bar, within a scroll bar.... just does NOT work.

The chain is now so connected that one cannot respond to someone's response in an earlier part of the chain. It defaults to the last person that replied in the chain instead. The user is not allowed to change this.

A simple Copy of the email body (in part or full), the email title, and recipients used to be very easy. This has now been made very difficult to impossible.

To do BCCs one must now click on CC to get to. Why? The inability to keep correspondences of the chain seperate are a severe confidentiality risk and very confusing.

To copy, modify, or edit email addresses has now been made very difficult to impossible.

Hiding attachments is very uncool. It is now much more difficult to tell what has been attached.

Even when the search email function works and lists the desired email, there is no guarantee that Yahoo! will let the user click on and open it. When Yahoo! does permit opening it, it is slow and clunky in performance.

Sadly I am led to believe that this is an intentional train-wrecking of Yahoo!'s once top-notch email product. No one of sane mind would do anything that Yahoo! has done with its multiple recent Yahoo Mail downgrades and claim it an "Improvement"....

Improvement comes with upgrades. What Yahoo! has done is a AAA+++ DOWNGRADE!

Feedback and Knowledge Base