Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KrisKris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Great news everybody! Based on your feedback, we have added a Block button to the More menu on emails you receive.

This feature is currently available for all English-language users, and will be available to the rest of the world in the next few days.

We really appreciate your feedback, and hope you find this new feature helpful. You can find out more about blocking addresses using this new feature in the Yahoo Help article:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN16025.html

Thank you all very much for all your comments!

421 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Outlook doesn't have a limit of 500 that Yahoo now has. I suggest you make it for an UNLIMITED amount as these spammers use different addresses all the time from different locations. My 500 limited was reached a long time ago. Please follow MS Outlook or MS Hotmail's Blocking feature. Otherwise, your way of doing it is useless.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know why once we block emails that more then double usually appear the next day and they still continue to send messages. I can't even read them if I wanted to because they are sent in Hebrew and its very annoying.

• nunyanunya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

none of these features work
        i have blocked, filtered and banned yet they still come through every day all day.
        or it says error when im trying to block other ****.
        it's ridiculously ANNOYING.

• joejoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blocking and Filtering is not working yet. Why is this so difficult?

• James VaughanJames Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FACEBOOK IS SPAMMING ME BECAUSE I DECIDED NOT TO ALLOW SOME OF THERE ADS ON MY PAGE OR RESPOND TO THEM.

The block function still doesn't work on my email. It just spins and spins and spins forever saying it's going to block but never actually does...

I have blocked, filtered and banned spam addresses and they still show up day after day.

find the spammers and block them completely. they constantly show up even when spam blocked???

It is disgusting the way **** spam keeps showing up in my spam folder. I don't touch any such web site. Please find a way to stop this. I have listed content as far as I can and still get the spam. Let me use unlimited content block. I would keep listing it there. I also block every spam that comes in. I know you have the power to stop the unwanted spam. Please do it!!!!!

In "Blocking" of undesired emails function if I check and "Delete all existing emails" it doesn't seem to be working. Those emails are still there after I click ok.

Now that I have gmail and Hotmail I will keep yahoo for the sole purpose of receiving spam and junk mail. This way, those sending will never contaminate the important mail I receive from friends and relatives.

The block method you have implemented is not working. I have tried it many times over the last 2 months and the same companies continue flooding my inbox with their spam advertising. Expedia if one of the biggest offenders of spam as they have countless email addresses to replace the ones blocked.

• C.C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still get spam! Years ago I never had this issue the spam was sent directly to the trash bin.

Yahoo stinks wrt spam email. Gmail is soooooo much better. If you are not able to keep spam out automatically like gmail, please improve your options... WILDCARDS are a must, otherwise all your block and filter options are a JOKE!

That is a start, but you need wildcards!!!!!

Also, I want blocked email addresses to not even go to the spam folder. They should be truly blocked!!! Please add that option!!!

I want all ****** emails blocked from my account or i will close it. I have unsuscribed with no results.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base