Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KrisKris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make an option to Permanently delete a spam sender instantly  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Put a BLOCK box next to the DELETE box  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Better BLOCKING on yahoo mail  ·   · 
    Sally NaveSally Nave shared a merged idea: PLEASE, ADD A SIMPLE WAY FOR US TO 'BLOCK' ANYONE WE DO NOT WANT TO BUG IS.  ·   · 
    DorothyDorothy shared a merged idea: Please add a 'block this email addr' or 'block this sender' button on the Spam drop menu or just a block button.  ·   · 
    JoJo shared a merged idea: Blocking unwanted SPAM should be easier-too much. Typing in each long email to block is a lot of work.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please add "BLOCK" to SPAM drop down box!!! When use "Settings" to block: "email address is invalid" . ADD "BLOCK" option like Outlook Mail.  ·   · 
    Jonathan DuranteJonathan Durante shared a merged idea: Store Previous Email Addresses Flagged as Spam  ·   · 
    Ellis WebbEllis Webb shared a merged idea: PLEASE! PLEASE! SET UP A WAY TO BLOCK UNWANTED JUNK E-MAIL THAT IS EASY TO DO. WITH HOTMAIL ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ON THE BLOCK TAB.  ·   · 
    MicheleMichele shared a merged idea: Stop saving every email address i use. Craigslist user here.  ·   · 
    samooresamoore shared a merged idea: allow a way to automatically add spam addresses to the blocked address list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Blocking unwanted emails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your SPAM blocking is substandard! When I put the e-mail address that is sending the SPAM, I want the e-mail not to be allowed into account  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo needs to make blocking an address more simple than having to type every address in why not allow us to highlight the sender and and bl  ·   · 
    RomaneRomane shared a merged idea: Create a BLOCK button can't be that hard not as hard as going through every vulgar email to block address?  ·   · 
    RonRon shared a merged idea: A one click option to block a domain. It is a real pain to cut and paste an email from the email section to the setting section.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: There is no easy way to block the spam i get ! i let spam go for week and i had close tp 900 emails simple fix is put a block button at top  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: hi guys, it would be nice if there was a block function on the mail, so we could block spam and unnecessary mails that we do not want.  ·   · 
    Barbara CanuteBarbara Canute shared a merged idea: 65 spams to 10 good emails. Yahoo needs to add BLOCK junk mail like Hotmail/Outlook has!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    T. HerringT. Herring shared a merged idea: There needs to be a way to completely block the horrible spam emails I am getting. They are very sexually explicit and I want them blocked.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: On mail you should make it easier to block address - like the way to move them from one area to another - we need to block easily.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Put a block button at top like MSN  ·   · 
    louislouis shared a merged idea: Please put easy feature access to block mails, i want to block all mails in my spam.  ·   · 
    DebbieDebbie shared a merged idea: SPAM  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: As a user, I want to be able to tell yahoo when reporting an email as being spam, to block all other emails form that domain  ·   · 
    Jeff CorneliusJeff Cornelius shared a merged idea: I want a simple one click to permanently block some e-mail senders for children's accounts especially  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Blocking an email address. There should be a more convenient and quicker and easier way to block an email address. There should be an option  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: In the Spam folder include a provision that when the spam is deleted the senders address is automatically blocked and an option to block the  ·   · 
    DeeDee shared a merged idea: ALLOW BLOCKING OF SPAM!!!!!  ·   · 
    DebraDebra shared a merged idea: Would it be possible to put the block address in a drop down menu? Would like this option without opening mail to block address.  ·   · 
    Stephanie CStephanie C shared a merged idea: SPAM FOLDER TO BLOCKED ADDRESSES.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add the ability to "delete and don't even put in my spam folder" on the spam filter.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: "Filter" function is poor. Create "Block" and make it work. MSN mail is better  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can you add an automatic 'block' button to the Spam folder?  ·   · 
    George DutraGeorge Dutra shared a merged idea: You need to have an option to block emails from senders, such as hot mail has.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back the simpler "block sender" option, and delete spam immediately option.  ·   · 
    SS shared a merged idea: there needs to be an automatic block feature - takes to much time to keep entering individual addresses  ·   · 
    jasonjason shared a merged idea: Once you select an email you should be able to add it to your blocked list  ·   · 
    Nancy CostelloNancy Costello shared a merged idea: Need a BLOCK button, next to SPAM button, skipping the multiple steps of blocking the numerous spam email addresses  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I get a lot of job emails from recruiters on late nights eve weekends  ·   · 
    Vaibhav KhasgiwalaVaibhav Khasgiwala shared a merged idea: Block sender option as part of options in mail window without opening message  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: add a button to spam folder so after you check mark all 50 of them they automatically get added to block sender list  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Bing has a BLOCK for unwanted emails. With all Yahoo can do why not a block for unwanted emals also, Juts a simple block to stop them, perio  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make it work! and enable a one click block!  ·   · 
    who do you thinkwho do you think shared a merged idea: You need to come up with better and easier ways of blocking and filtering SPAM. Outlook does a good job. No matter h  ·   · 
    Jeff CorneliusJeff Cornelius shared a merged idea: This is a Billion Dollar idea and you should pay me for it...I want a one click icon to block un wanted e-mails  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: Add a new tab to the email page for "block senders" instead of going to Settings and blocking.  ·   · 
    Kaila GreenKaila Green shared a merged idea: Blocking email addresses  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: Give us a BLOCK email button. Your present way is outdated.  ·   · 
    LindaLinda shared a merged idea: Your process to block email addresses  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Button to BLOCK spam!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i want to be able to block all spam email addresses to prevent reoccuring spam *********  ·   · 
    HENRY COOPERHENRY COOPER shared a merged idea: DEAR SIR/MA, YOU MUST NOW PUT "BLOCK" AT THE TOP BAR WITH "DELETE" AND "NOT SPAM" AND "MOVE." IMAGINE, PUT "BLOCK" THERE AND WE ARE HAPPY.  ·   · 
    ChamblessChambless shared a merged idea: Block option for spam mail - hotmail offers option to block spam -  ·   · 
    Jamie VJamie V shared a merged idea: why dont you put in the pull down menu on yahoo mail a blocking option instead of us having to go into a whole different screen to block it.  ·   · 
    rob albanirob albani shared a merged idea: Block button  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let me BLOCK SPAM without opening the email!  ·   · 
    Roy WardRoy Ward shared a merged idea: I have tried the Blocking of Spam. You can't block all of them they just change there address and keep them coming.  ·   · 
    CurtisCurtis shared a merged idea: I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ADD MORE THAN ONE ADDRESS AT A TIME TO MY BLOCKED LIST.  ·   · 
    Ryan CrittendenRyan Crittenden shared a merged idea: Make blocking senders why simpler. The process now is to time consuming.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo seems to allow too much spam. How about a block sender button like MSN has? I seldom get any junk mail on my MSN.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You could certainly give us a "block" option. I've asked Yahoo to block certain emails like MSN allows you to do. To no avail!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When I inform you that something is spam. I want it to stop coming to my e-mail  ·   · 
    Jan SzarukJan Szaruk shared a merged idea: Improve blocking email addresses  ·   · 
    TaniaTania shared a merged idea: I would greatly appreciate it if I could simply select an e-mail and have an option to block  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add "Add to blocked" icon.  ·   · 
    ankurankur shared a merged idea: High time yahoo lets me block senders  ·   · 
    KR SMKR SM shared a merged idea: Add a quick button "permanently block e-mail address" to the spam folder.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Unwanted ****** emails Please make it easy to block them  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make it easier to Block someone..  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: on the drop down menu there should be a option to block sender from unwanted spam  ·   · 
    genegene shared a merged idea: How about a simple "Block this sender" option for all the junk that shows up in my inbox/spam folders every day???  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: blocking email  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How about a one button block sender! I get tons of junk mail -- much of it from Yahoo even though I unsubscribe! But the BIGGEST deal is a o  ·   · 

302 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have "Blocked" 367 domains. Their ever changing keeps them coming. I have "Filtered" as per Yahoo, well over 200. When filtering a new one, it comes up as successful. Many come back as "Filter already exists". So this is not working. And I put in many to labeling as "Phishing and Scam" as per Yahoo. You never know if this works or not. Yahoo does not respond. I think if Yahoo would implement a "Block" for e-mails coming from specific physical addresses, the majority of our problems would be solved. --- Country, City, State, P.O.Box, Street addresses. These are listed in most of those e-mails. If not there, they are in the "Full Header".

• MartialMartial commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we should be able to block e-mail spammers who use the tactic of adding characters to their address please you should blocked this address cha.larry@yahoo.fr it's spam mail he use to defraud people and i don't want this above address contact me again in this address coul972@live.fr

please help me blocked this address cha.larry@yahoo.fr

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not only am i getting more spam than ever before, but now i am getting it in other languages. what's up with that? did YOUR spam filter get compromised? YAHOO! used to be very good. now, with some of your changes, spam is flying in at an alarming rate.

anyone else noticed dymondragon@aquila.net using your email to spam others? I have complained to yahoo and nothing ever gets done. I am going to clean this email address that I have had since 1998 and move on. Fed up. I can't keep contacts or anything because jerks like the one mentioned will send spam to all my contacts. done with yahoo.

I might add, MOST of what you get in constant returning SPAM has a "Physical" address. P.O.box, street and country. If these could be blocked in addition to the others, "Our Problems" would be fixed. It can be done.

I wholeheartedly agree! Also, if an email is marked as spam BY ME, it shouldn't go to my spam folder. It should automatically be blocked. And we should be able to block e-mail spammers who use the tactic of adding characters to their address (like blah@icloud.com, blah1@icloud.com, etc) by using a wildcard to block all emails from that sender (examples: blah*@icloud.com - where the "*" indicates that any mail that begins with "blah" and is from "icloud.com" is to be blocked or if I want to block all mail from "icloud.com" it would look like this: *@icloud.com). This is how the BlockSite addon in Firefox browser works and I think it would work for emails too.

• suzsuz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And what is going on with the sudden influx of spam? I have received more spam in the past week than I generally receive in 6 months or more. True, it is going into my spam box, but why am I receiving it in the first place.

• DianeDiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am leaving Yahoo email because of all the spam that they do not automatically catch. I have had an alternate Gmail account for a couple of years and can count on one hand the number of spams that got through their servers. I get from 30-50 spams in Yahoo everyday and have set up hundreds of blocks and I'm just tired of fighting it. Yahoo needs to pay more attention to their users.

I so agree that we should be able to click on all our spam and click to block the host vs. having to do it one at a time. Yahoo! is my primary e-mail account but I have far less spam in my Google! account and would hate to have to use Google! e-mail as my primary and get rid of Yahoo! e-mail.
        This shouldn't be so hard for a knowledgeable programmer to fix. Please????????

• TabTab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the right click suggestion to add either a domain or an e-mail address to the 'Blocked Addresses' list.

PLEASE do something about the junk/spam emails!!! It is ridiculous that I have to waste my time to click on a pile of emails to move them to junk. There has to be a way that you can block them better. I have an outlook account and they manage to do it. I really don't want to have to use my yahoo account as my junk account but that seems to be my only option at the moment.

• DCDC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now get more spam in my 6 yr old Yahoo! account than my 15 year old Hotmail (which is my throwaway account...) which does not make any sense. You can mass block now in Outlook.com, bring it to Yahoo! I PAY for Yahoo! mail and I can't do this. I would prefer Yahoo to not turn into my new throwaway account.

• T.B.T.B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this type of feature would be very useful. It is too difficult and time consuming to use the current filters. Spammers change email addresses and domains daily. One click to block spam emails and at least we could get some control over how much spam we have to deal with. Please consider it. Thank you

This one click option would enhance Yahoo. What they do have works, but takes FAR TOO LONG to block. All of these complains about Yahoo Mail should deserve a response from them. Makes me wonder if their Customer Care is non-existent.

• RicoRico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with this post! Give me a right-click option to block unwanted senders.
        Especially from my SPAM folder, I should have an option to immediately ADD that address to my 'block list'. Geez!

• JackieJackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sick of all the **** email. I have blocked 346 of them and they keep coming. Take a look at Hotmail and learn from them on how to block junk. 2 clicks and the contents in the entire folder is blocked. Yahoo filters is a joke and it is ridiculous how much time it takes to block **** emails one by one. I will be getting rid of my yahoo account as soon as I notify the legitimate people I deal with on a daily basis. SERIOUSLY, 200 **** EMAILS PER DAY IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!

I want a one-click BLOCK function. Why is this so hard? Spammers are multiplying like rabbits and Yahoo should be ahead of the game so that we're not subjected to this 50 times (or more) every single day!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base