Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using simple version: When adding a contact, there is no way to add the contact to a group.

Yahoo, bless your hearts, you have messed this up royally. I should be able to add a contact —new or existing — to a group. Nope. No can do. Get this act together please or I'm finding another server.

1427th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contact lists: Do not add in contacts that have the same name but different contact info. Just have the ones I added.

Contact Lists: Please bring back the feature that counted how many contacts are in the list. Also, in the new version, there were two contacts missing from my list, and four or five contacts that had been duplicated, with either different email addresses, or just phone numbers. I had to delete those extra ones, and add in the missing ones. Very annoying.

1427th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Composing email from group list getting contacts not even in my contact list.

When composing a new email select all members from a group list of 10 I am getting 13 people in the To: email message.

322nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Assign to List" not working.

When I Assign a contact to a mailing list, while thier contact info shows them assigned, many hours have passed and when I open the list they are not in it. Please fix. I somehow managed a work around and eventually got a person onto the list but now it's happened a second time and I am not having success. This needs to work.

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BCC to a large contact list

I am trying to BCC an email to a contact list that contains 100+ members and it is not listing them. I need the message to get to all of them and have promised to keep their emails BCC. Help!!

1427th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My experience with the new Yahoo mail w/ NO contacts from before the upgrade

The new Yahoo upgrade email comes with a small CONTACT icon on the right side. When I click on it, it looks great with NO contacts from before the upgrade.
    From this forum, someone mentioned to try to use the mobile email Yahoo app, I tried and I only found 20% of my old contacts.
    Desktop/Browser version, zero found.
    Let's talk about the help. Wow, it is kind of difficult to find the place to ask for help. After I found it, there is a bug with the form, they don't take the date field (is it May 22…

639th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contact in group list - often don't show when you try to send a group email.

I manage a Club with several groups within. Often, when I attempt to send an email to one of these groups, or even the whole, one or more names will be admitted from the list. This is very annoying since it takes considerable time to determine just who is missing.

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want the New Email contracts format back way easier to sent mass emails!!!!

I wasn't sure at first I'd like it but after I used it more I loved it.. I miss it now.. to much copying and pasting now.. I want it back please!!!

1427th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Contact notes all run together after they are saved. Too hard to view without spaces.

Allow us to leave spaces and blank lines in the contact notes area like we use to be able to! Near impossible to read the note details unless I open like I am going to edit. Once I open to edit all the blank spaces and blank lines are there.

423rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't strip Linefeed/Carriage retern from the comments of Contacts.

Why is Yahoo! stripping Linefeed/Carriage Return (LF/CR Windows -- CR Mac -- LF Linux/Unix) from Comments. All other contract manager allows them. This strips all the formatting from the comment. and doesn't read well at all. Some of my contacts have 1000 characters in them and doesn't make since when I look at them. This lack of support for this is very bad and would prevent some users from using them. I have purposely left out any paragraph breaks in this post. Just to show how ridiculous the lack of paragraphs are. IT IS A PART OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Lets…

992nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Contact editing doesn't allow deleting Notes. And in one contact, the same "Notes" are repeated 15 TIMES!!!!! FIX THIS!!!!!

Contact editing doesn't allow deleting Notes. And in one contact, I see SEVEN COPIES of the "Notes" field, and can't delete any of them.

I tried clearing each of them out and hit "Save" but the notes were still there.

FIX THIS!!!!!

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. let add contacts TO my email!! i cannot even add my own personal email addy says it is wrong

fix it so i can add CONTACTs to my email I am not able to add ANY

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wrong emails sent to spam

I understood that if people are in my contacts their email's to me would come to my inbox. But time and again I'm finding that's not the case and that has made headaches for me because people have contacted me and I did not reply because their email was sent to spam. Please fix this.

992nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need to fix my photo

All contacts have profile photo means it find easy

992nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the issue with gmail mails going to the trash when they come in

Fix the issue with gmail mails going to the trash when they come in

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto add recipients in yahoo mail app

I absolutely HATE the way the Yahoo mail app automatically adds people I email to my address book. I do not see a tab, slider or button to stop this action. I personally have around 20 business and friends in my address book. On my mail app, I have thousands I have to scroll thru to find the person I want to email or type their entire email address for them to pop up.

Most of the excess emails in my address book are one time emails or spam and I want them gone forever. I tried uninstalling the app…

1746th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible to print contacts, either whole list or a contact group. Instructions are there but it won't print.

Make it possible to print a contact list. Followed all instructions (just wanted to print a contact group) but it won't print from desktop or laptop to any of 3 printers. Print request doesn't show up in the Settings list in Systems. Desktop is Win 7, laptop is Win 10. Am not a big fan of the new Yahoo Mail. Also need to figure out how to clean up my Favorites list.

1427th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1427th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)