Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of ads showing up in my list of files. There is no way to unsubscribe from BrightRoll, even on their website! Very annoying.

Don't tell us we can unsubscribe from BrightRoll when in actuality, you can't. On BrightRoll there is no unsubscribe area.

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I've never seen so much advertising on a screen. The visual pollution of yahoo tires me.

I've never seen so much advertising on a screen. The visual pollution of yahoo tires me.

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please stop auto-playing of ads. At least mute the audio so it doesnt randomly start in the back groung while I'm working.

Please stop auto-playing of ads. At least mute the audio so it doesn't randomly start in the background while I'm working.

648th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change fount and size. Give more room for messages and less to advertisements

more room for messages and less room for advertisements

1435th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Yahoo email Ads redirecting to suspicious websites despite no virus or malware on host machine

Recently since April-2017 I am seeing that whenever I login into yahoo email (through my home internet service provider) and keep tab open for few minutes, I am redirected to fake survey websites: Shaw Survey website. It seems to happen via javascript. There has been lot of frustration on yahoo website forums on this topic as the ads seem to inject a site redirection javascript which is allowed on yahoo mail only and no other email provider is doing that: See below

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Temporary-Errors/Yahoo-redirects-to-suspicious-Shaw-Survey-page-s/td-p/260436/

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/201955-incredibly-perplexing-browser-redirect-god-level-expert-needed/

648th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Before placeing popp up ads make sure they pass security setings, keeps locking mail up

before popping up ads, make sure they pass security settings. Otherwise the security system locks up the system and you have to click accept or decline about 10 times before a 2 second break to select what you want to do in your mail account before it post at least 10 more security notices.

998th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. No videos in empty mail boxes

I think Yahoo powers that be need to understand how serious a problem the videos in empty mail, and other, boxes could be to people. It's not just that they're annoying, although they are, but that they can trigger seizures and migraines in people who suffer from those. As soon as I empty my inbox on the actual Yahoo site, and my Sky email inbox too, I have to look away while I click off of the site or I feel light headed and unwell. It's a very serious problem. I have no problem with static ads, which Yahoo used…

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to opt in or out of ads on yahoo mail.

Users should be allowed to opt in or out of yahoo ads. If, as you allege, ads are for the benefit of the users, then we should choose. After having Yahoo as my main email acct for close to 20 years, I am seriously considering using my Gmail account. All of these constant ads are annoying, practically abusive. Make money some other way!

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Money for no ads

Repeatedly you have sent me emails reminding me to pay so I do not receive ads. I have done everything as instructed in the email and repeatedly get sent to sign and over and over and that's all it does.

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 648th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE STOP, STOP, STOP PUTTING LEWD AD'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EMAIL PAGE.

PLEASE STOP, STOP, STOP PUTTING LEWD AD'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EMAIL PAGE. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LOOKING AT HALF-DRESSED WOMEN TRYING TO ENTICE ME TO SIN!!!

326th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ads on my email are way over the line. I've hung in with Yahoo through all the challenges of the past year. Gmail, here I come.

I get free email and you get all my information, all my contacts to drive your advertising revenue. Now, you're putting ads for products I don't support and find embarassing (adderall, really) and include it in emails I send to friends and family and my peers. It totally ruins any messages I'm trying to send. If this continues, I will need to leave. And no, I'm not paying for a product that is poorly designed and maintained. Yahoo has been behind for many years now.

1435th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Vertical ads cutting off my email when printing

On many occasions, when I try to print a received e-mail, the long, vertical add to the right cuts off much of the right side of my email.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please... is there anyway to be not hounded constantly about uber? it is so irritating!!!

Please make the omnipresent uber banner/static link/harassment end! it started before signup even was done and it refused to believe i may not want contribute to a dangerous 'let us do away with employment, legal liability, stability, fairness, *actual* self-employment, etc' scam that protects and makes a few people rich by removing responsibility or social contracts and labor laws (and you know who needs safety or whatever but i digress) and now its right there on top of the mail page. no matter how you avoid at signup for yahoo mail it just thinks it is awesome. like all those…

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm changing to gmail due to the ads making it impossible to get anything done on yahoo mail. I've heard and read the same thing from many

I'm changing to gmail due to the ads making it impossible to get anything done on yahoo mail. I've heard and read the same thing from many people. Ridiculous.

1757th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Giant ad on top of screen is suicide for Yahoo Mail

To reduce the mail screen to about half the size for ads is absolute suicide for Yahoo Mail. gmail here I come.

648th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. easy fix option button on front page of mail to change or remove dating site ads. single, straight, married options.

easy fix option button on front page of mail to change or remove dating site ads. single, straight, married options.

1435th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base