Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo mail needs no improvement it is perfect.

I feel Yahoo mail needs no improvement as it is perfect as it is.

82nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You have caused me a lot of trouble by no longer allowing me to sort my contacts by first name. Please fix this.

You have caused me a lot of trouble by no longer allowing me to sort my contacts by first name. Please fix this.

524th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 524th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep Yahoo Classic Email or myself & others will leave in droves

I am getting prompts forcing me to leave Classic Yahoo Email. I Strongly Advise You to Allow All of Us To Keep The Classic Format that we prefer. If you do not, you will Lose Customers in Massive Droves.

326th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You're forcing an email upgrade to a lessor product. You have not stated why.

Why the useless right-hand space?
    You have not provided the reason why you're forcing an upgrade.
    Remove the right-hand bar, and I'll upgrade.

326th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Contact lists: Do not add in contacts that have the same name but different contact info. Just have the ones I added.

Contact Lists: Please bring back the feature that counted how many contacts are in the list. Also, in the new version, there were two contacts missing from my list, and four or five contacts that had been duplicated, with either different email addresses, or just phone numbers. I had to delete those extra ones, and add in the missing ones. Very annoying.

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make contact lists that go in alphabetical order and can be printed again

The contact lists are no longer in alphabetical order. It is so much easier to navigate email lists when they are alphabetical, seems to be the first thing that would be set up.

There is also no simple way to print email lists in the new mail system. The old system was so much better.

649th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. turn off tabs of every opened email

stop creating tabs for every email I open. It is stupid, useless and annoying to have all these tabs running across the page taking up space and doing nothing. USELESS FEATURE. Can't close them and make them go away. This is a stupid useless feature

240th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CONTACTS ACCESS TO LIMITED NEAR IMPOSIBLE TO USE

I have 100's of valuable business contacts and personal details loaded into my Yahoo Contacts. A recent Yahoo mail change has made the info near impossible to use. The notes area was bad before the change. Now with the change the notes are not visible without following and scrolling one single line forever. The old method Yahoo had we were able to see all the details on one page.

1440th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please, I want to revert back to classic format, I want old Yahoo, thanks

Please, I want to revert back to classic format, I want old Yahoo, thanks

649th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Editing Email

When proofreading email prior to sending, you need the ability to change ONE word if necessary. The way it works now, you have to retype EVERYTHING after the one word. In other words, if I type "how are you, hope you have a good day" and I want to change the one word "you" to "Lisa", I have to type Lisa, hope you have a good day.

If there are three sentences after the one word, you have to type all three sentences again. Really:

You can edit one word in word and need same ability in email.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. again-stop asking me to whitelist u-Verizon-your the reason for blocking

i hope everyone that even worked for Verizon burns in ****
    stop badgering me jerks

3948th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pop up that asks if I'm sure I want to delete an entire email while typing the email....

I got a new HP computer and while typing I somehow hightlight and delete though I have no idea how it happens. Can you please have a pop-up that says "are you sure" you want to delete this entire email? As it turn out, even in "drafts" it is no longer there. My fingers are moving too fast and I don't know how this HP is different but it's happening a lot and it's making me crazy. Thank you!

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it to were you can have a shortcut on a laptop intsead of going through browser everytime. ugh

Make it to were you can have a shortcut on a laptop or desktop intsead of going through browser everytime. ugh

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mail Bug...

Why can I suddenly not move my emails from one folder to another??? This is fairly recent (x1 week?) And wth do I keep getting script overlapping other sentences when I type? What gives? Please fix this.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am wondering if you can direct emails to go directly to a folder. I would like my job emails to go to company name folder.

I am trying to forward the emails from my job into a folder that has the company name. Such as @ipsos.com would go into the folder IPSOS. Is this possible?

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Assign to List" not working.

When I Assign a contact to a mailing list, while thier contact info shows them assigned, many hours have passed and when I open the list they are not in it. Please fix. I somehow managed a work around and eventually got a person onto the list but now it's happened a second time and I am not having success. This needs to work.

1440th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WHY YOU DONT HAVE AN APP FOR WINDOWS

WHY YOU DONT HAVE AN APP FOR WINDOWS BECAUSE IT WILL EASY LOGIN IN ACCOUNT EVERY TIME I HAVE TO CHECK MY MAIL ON START UP ON MY LAPTOP START. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS TO INSTALL AND MAKE EASY OF LOGIN USING PIN FOR PARTICULAR COMPUTER OR LAPTOP FOR FREQUENT LOGIN PROCESS. MAKE YAHOO MORE EASY AND BEST FOR EVERY ONE.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deals View

Instead of having such a big area for deals view on some of our email...why not have a small icon that allows people to use as a deal saver and continue their view at Deals View? Why is such a big banner needed? If advertisers have quality items, it will sell and people will remember to return to them time after time by using a bookmark or so.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base