Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto suggest text and attachment warning

While writing and email it's good to have auto suggestion based on the Text analysis for a user. Some key words are very common while writing an email. Also, it should give a warning of user has forgotten to attached the attachment while writing mail and user has mentioned attachment somewhere in the mail.

3951st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Me" vs. my email name in Sent folder

Why would you mimic Gmail?
    I don't want to see "me" in my Sent folder! I want to have my preferred "send as" name show up there. Turning off Conversations DOES NOT WORK. FIx that.

3951st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3951st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop popup ads in a paid email account.

I pay a yearly fee to have ad-free email. Recently I have been getting a popup ad superimposed on my Inbox page every time I log onto Yahoo mail. It says, "You may have overpaid on Amazon.com purchases. Use your receipts to get money back". Then there are 2 buttons, "Show me how much I could save" and "Not now".

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Will someone please change my location back to Sun City Az and not Cottonwood Az.I dont live in cottonwood nor have I ever lived in cott

Somehow my location changed from Sun City Az to Cotton Wood Az.
    I cant log into my profile to change it back and am asking to have a Professional change it back for me
    Thanking You in advance\

Tim

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My e-mail page i find that it is not fully secured by the green lock. Can you fix that to block hackers?

When i sign in my homepage is secured by the green lock in the upper left by the address bar; but when i go to my e-mail page i see that it is not fully secured. It shows the information symbol which means that someone else can see my page and see what i do. This allows someone to be able to change what i send or receive. This seriously needs to be fixed.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. yahoo email is down can't send emails between yahoo users

you are unable to send messages between yahoo users who have email enabled. If you don't know a specific users email address in full there is no way of messaging said user it needs to be fixed

3951st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. need to correct erroneous carat jump from message box to address line

When I initiate a REPLY, and the new message box opens, the carat activates in the message box. After entering a few characters in the message box, the carat jumps to the email address line even though I di nothing that would cause that. It occurs every time.
    How can I fix that.
    RANisbet@Yahoo.Com

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. URL Encoding of Special Characters

Please honor the URL encoding of special characters (diacritical characters)

For example, the URL
    https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_Pöyhönen

Becomes:
    https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_P%C3%B6yh%C3%B6nen

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. YAHOO WASTE OF TIME READ WHY

do not waste my time since yahoo had my password stolen and will not help to get me my user name back and all MY E-MAILS AND SO FORTH you really think i trust any advertising ON YAHOO? WHAT A JOKE BEFORE I DID ........................For over a Yahoo YAHOO Has no customer service or REPS TO HELP so to me everything Advertised on yahoo is **** and funny thing is I spent Probably $50,000 trips and services used through YAHOO not $0.01 penny in 2 years about the time my password was changed and I get no Help to get…

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix contacts & calendar

Although you have a new look for the inbox, every time I access my contacts or calendar, the format reverts back to the old style.
    How do I remedy this, or is it a glitch?

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I like the old yahoo, but when I empty my trash or junk it comes right back. So=top trying to control us. Get it fixed or I will use anothe

Leave the old yahoo alone and let us empty our trash and our junk. Tired of you trying to control us.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. how do you turn off the bell next your mail it,s a pain in the AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you turn off the bell next your mail it,s a pain in the AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WHY NEW YAHOO! MAIL VERSION CANNOT ATTACH FILE WHEN COMPOSE IN MULTIPLE TAB

Dear Yahoo! mail team,

since Ms. Marissa Mayer lunched new version of yahoo! mail in 2013 until now year 2018 it more than 5 years, please be noted that until now we still cannot attach file when compose in multiple tab, each tab auto reject file while attaching. this never happen in yahoo! mail classic (tab version) we hope yahoo1 mail team have to fix as soon as possible

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Deleting e-mail address

When logging into Yahoo I keep getting the "Manage e-mail accounts", add or delete accounts. NOWHERE on that screen will it allow anyone to DELETE ANY ACCOUNTS, NOR does it give ANY INFORMATION as to HOW to go about deleting them! Either FIX that problem, or I am NEVER going to use yahoo e-mail again.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WTF did you do to my Yahoo email page? I did NOT give permission for it to be changed.

I never gave permission for my email page to be updated or changed.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop the hangups when I try to look at email, or send email Yahoo just sits there. sometimes for over a minute. Page is stuck.

Stop the hangups when I try to look at email, or send email Yahoo just sits there. sometimes for over a minute. Page is stuck.

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would love to see some mail options restored

This is about mail. Here are some things I'd like to see become an option in the new mail the way they were in the old mail:

The option to attach images as either inline or attachments went away - now if I want to make them attachments, I have to individually click on each one.

You can no longer right-click on a message in the list display to do several things, like reply or reply all. Which is especially a problem because ...

Messages no longer automatically close when you respond to them. Now you have extra tabs you…

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. first oissue is even though there is not spam in the spam folder, the count shows 1.

first oissue is even though there is not spam in the spam folder, the count shows 1.

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base