US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make it possible for us to see from which URL visitors came

In the old version of flickr statistics I was able to see from what URL my visitors came. I could see if it was a group or a gallery, or what website. With the current stats I sometimes get an info only on how many came from android, iphone, etc. I miss this feature, because this way I was able to track down if my images were published on websites without my permission. Please reinstate it when possible.

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give us the ability to control tagging our names in comments

Just like with tags of us on photos, we should have the ability to determine who (if anyone) can tag us in comments, as well as the ability to delete any tags of us in comments. Spammers are tagging hundreds of people at a time in comments on photos as a way of promoting their photos and websites, and there is very little we can currently do about it.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please rework/enhance the comment system on the photo page

I'm an activate flickr user since more than 8 years now with lots of followers and therefore lots of comments on my photos, especially when they got explored. And I have to spend a high effort of time if I would reply to every single comment I get because the current commenting system especially answering comments is not user friendly !!!

When I press the "answer" button the user gets linked into the normal comment box, the page scrolls to the bottom and I can just write a new comment. Thats maybe fine for one answer. But if I want…

207th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option in Batch edit Photos to show photos with correct proportions & display file names

While I'm batch editing photos, they are displayed as square thumbnails. This makes it difficult to see what photo is what when you have many similar photos(some may be panoramas which are cropped and you can't really tell the difference from the square thumbnail). It would be awesome to have an option to display the photos in their actual proportions.
    Currently to get around this, I have a photo viewer open on my computer alongside of Flickr. In Flickr I have to hover over the photo to see the file name so I know which photo I'm editing--again this could…

207th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Comment Stats for Groups

I teach online illustration studio courses at two universities in the States. When tabulating final grades, I must comb through hundreds of my student's posts to count feedback entries. A stat tool in groups counting comment stats for each user would be extremely, extremely useful.

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. image removed message

I would like a feature whereby if an image is removed from a group by the admin then the photographer receive's a message from flickr

207th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Collections will Improve Digital Asset Management

My company uses Flickr for digital asset management. It does the job, but would function much better if collections were more prominently featured on the top navigation bar and in profiles.

It makes no sense to have albums as the primary page when albums live within collections.

I've seen many users asking for this for years! Why has Flickr not made this change? It will benefit Flickr to capitalize on this service.

Please make this change! It will enhance the user experience tenfold!

252nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Flickr Photo Editor

The new Flickr photo editor fulfills a great need for online photo editing after the discontinuation of the online Aviary photo editing facilitation.

However, there are a few critical requirements that need to be urgently considered for improving the utility of this new tool:

*Provision of a cropping grid with standard formats such as one-thirds, center-lines.

*Provision of a perspective control tool or straightening tool.

*Facilitation for scaling down images to standard display sizes such as 1024x, 2048x.

*A watermarking tool.

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Administrators to move images (reorder them)

There are times when members post images before a new theme begins. I would like to be able to move those forward or move others from the previous theme backwards (whichever is easier) so that everything in one theme will be together.

I can move images to re-order them in my own albums, so the technology to do this exists.

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the profile section I suggest that we should be able to choose in what order the images appear.

In the section of images that we create ourselves in our own profiles, I suggest that we should be able to choose in what order the images appear.

For example:
    Oldest taken
    Newest taken
    Newest posted
    Oldest posted
    Most faves first
    Least faves first
    Most views first
    east views first

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have the ability to block multiple followers at once

I would like the ability to block multiple followers at once.

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Emoji in thread

I will be brief because my English is very bad.

I would suggest to insert emoji in the discussions. Thank you.

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow crowdfunding and tips for photographers.

Every other social media site allows crowdfunding and tips so artists can support themselves.

252nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Organize Favorites

It would be amazing if it were possible to add directly to our galleries from the favorites page. It's extremely inconvenient to have to go bring up each image and add it to the gallery. Better yet, and maybe I simply haven't found it, just like there's an organizer for our own photos. An organizer for our favorites.

It would also be great, and again maybe I just cannot find it, to be able to add photos to our galleries on the app. We can favorite an image, but not add it to our galleries.

This might not be so…

207th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Flickr Reactions"

PLEASE!!!
    Make them go AWAY!
    Any Flickr reactions posted in my comment section will be immediately deleted!
    Yow! What were you thinking!

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. the about

it's missing a few thing from the profile : like ***, is it a male, female, couples or other page. Plus it missing the rankings they given you. you do not know if you are followed, friend or family

103rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download all (my) pictures when having download limit? (Download Sync or Torrent)

If i would want to download all my pictures from Flick I would always get over my download limit of 500 GB (or 150 GB).
    Then I would have a speed cap, so that would it made impossible to download my pictures as a zip.

Example:
    I have 1500 GB pictures, that would take me 3 months to download, that would mean 3 months (or 10 when having download limit of 150 GB/month) without closing my pc (and internet connection), otherwise my zips would be corrupt.

So a FREE (download) sync would possible be an option, or an option to…

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is it possible to change how one edits photos in online albums so that one can select multiple photos to move within an album

Is it possible to change how one edits photos in online albums so that one can select multiple photos to move within an album and arrange some selected photos in in differing orders, eg select 10 photos in the album, move where they are in the album and then sort the order of only those selected photos (oldest t newest)

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. please make it an option to always select that one can select display page by page instead of rolling pages that you can not have control ov

please make it an option to always select that one can select display page by page instead of rolling pages that you can not have control over. The fast rolling pages do not allow you to get back to your place when you bookmark or during usage. Tumblr has this same problem

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please limit one camera model and one lens for each photo in the tag.

Including more than one model of camera and/or lens in the tag for a single photo just to attract more readers is downright cheating and confusing!

345th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base