US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember previous used tags and make them clickable to fast tag your photo's

Remember previous tags and show them when posting new photo's. Make them clickable to fast tag your photo's. I post lots of photo's in the same category or same place which is time consuming to enter tags by writing

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. smug mug free?

Will Smug Mug charge ALL Flickr accounts to use their website? They have NOTHING for free.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PHPbb-code to mobile app

Is it possible to get php-code also in mobile-app? If i want to use php-code, i need to upload first by phone, then link them again by normal browser-use.

56th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Anonymous Favorites

It should be possible to anonymously favorite photos. When A anonymously favorites a photo of B, then:
    1) B gets a notification about it, but without by who.
    2) The favorite counts just as other favorites.
    3) Only A sees the favorite in his or her own favorites page.
    4) This is also possible when A is blocked by B.

205th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Report Recommended Photos without Opening Them

I keep getting photos of partially or completely naked people recommended by flickr on my all activity page. Ideally, I'd like these not to be there (I mostly photograph bugs, I don't know why I keep having these recommended). Barring that, I'd like some way to report the image without having to open it: have a report option in the drop down menu that gives you the ability to hide a recommendation. I'm assuming that flickr is erroneously considering these safe???

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. support for live photos (apple)

a way to preserve “live” aspect of apple live photos.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make blocked users also blocked in all other areas of flickr.

If I block so-and-so users from my commenting on and favoriting my images, I surely don't want those same blockees replying to my support requests in the help forum. So, make the blocks work in the forums just as in flickr proper. This would only have to apply to threads I start--not other people's threads into which the blockees and I both reply. Cheers.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love to see the "replies to your comments" option activated again. Otherwise, it's hard to have a "conversation" with our contacts.

I don't see the "replies to my comments" option any more. If it's gone, I'd sure like it to come back!

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. i would like the editor on the down load page, as some times it may not go through and you have to reload the image, and we want to present

to have the editor on the down load page it makes sense, to present a finished image for the viewers , not work on it when ppl are looking at the page !

179th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add

Add a "Comments" tab on the Uer's homepage

In the same way there is a "Faves" tab , it woulb be interesting te see a "Comments" tab , so that we have have an idea of how a specific user behaves on Flickr, what are his picture preferences, and so on.

Additionally having a way to filter the comments (and this would be also the case for faves) to select only ones for a specific target user would be great

Thanks

179th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don't want to see that my friends are pervs. Make favs private

A bit eye opening to see what my "friends" on Flickr favourite. Please let them have option to make it viewable by them only.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a friggin' tutorial to your introduction!! It was easy to upload my pix, but figuring out how to share them with friends is NOT intuit

Add a friggin' tutorial link to your introduction!! It was easy to upload my pix, but figuring out how to share them with friends is NOT intuitive!

205th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Blocking people should remove mentions of my name in comments

Spam comments are getting out of control. They link to/are promoting adult sites and are inappropriate. Simply reporting the spam and abuse isn't enough.

Feature requests:
    --Please make the block feature remove all linked mentions of our names/accounts by the person blocked. NOT just in comments on our photos but comments on other photos and group posts.

--Give us a simple button on each photo in the Recent Activity feed where we can easily remove a mention of our name/account.

--Please make it easier to report spam/abuse and block people directly from the Recent Activity feed rather than having to…

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More photos in Show case

Can we have more than 25 photos in our Show Case, please.

179th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a easy way to download all my files before ending my membership.

It would help everyone that doesn't want to migrate to Smugmug. The current way through zip file is very slow and hard.

205th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Re-establish a licensing relationship with Getty

Flickr's intention to set up its own stock licensing site was great, but it never seemed to develop the features of the Flickr-Getty integration.

Shop the deal with others like Alamy, Corbis etc. to get Flickr users the best possible deal (percentage and price), but by all means turn the Flickr community and catalog loose! Let's see what we can accomplish together.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/artistpicks/discuss/72157642163035025/

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let me initiate a blog post from a Flickr photo, with comment integration

There are plug-ins to enable comment integration with blog posts shared to Facebook or Google+. The recent frustrations with Facebook privacy provide a unique opportunity for photographers to consider Flickr for blog photo hosting and integrated interaction with a broader photo community.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve Flickr photo discovery in Google Search

I used to get 30% of my Flickr photos views from Google Search. That seemed to suddenly drop off significantly at some point after Yahoo acquired Flickr. Perhaps under SmugMug Flickr can be viewed by Google as no longer directly competing with Google assets? Perhaps it's worth approaching Google to see if they can restore appropriate search indexing for images on Flickr.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring Back Album Matrix Thumbnail HTML Embed Code Sharing

I loved being able to show more Flickr photos in less space than is currently available, and it helps refer my Web site viewers to Flickr!

Example at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.jeffsullivanphotography.com/blog/eastern-sierra-fall-colors-photo-workshops/

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copyrights Feature: Block Screenshots/Print Screen on Flickr

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a missing feature which I think would be very useful for many users: a built-in code that blocks any screenshot/print screen attempt on Flickr.

It could work like many copyrighted websites use: by simply blocking the keyboard commands and displaying a friendly message....something like that:

"Like this amazing image? You can request the photographer "mr.xx-hyperlink" a print/or buy this image on Flickr by clicking here" IDK lol..

I feel like this feature could be like an extra copyrights protection and an incentive for customers and visitors to purchase our photographs and artworks / getting in…

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base