US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new LUMIX models have not been updated to show as a Panasonic brand. is it possible to add the new models (DC-GH5, DC-GH5S, DC-G9 etc)

The new LUMIX models have not been updated to show as a Panasonic brand. is it possible to add the new models so i can see photos from these cameras easily? (DC-GH5, DC-GH5S, DC-G9 etc)

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. embed album

Embedding Albums.

In the support article, it states that this should be possible, but there's no option to do it. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr-for-desktop/sln22515.html

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why are you preventing me from managing my account on my phone?? Is it all to get, not only me, but all users, to DL your stupid little app?

I have created multiple albums, added files to those albums, that were previously in albums that already existed &, then, after those files were moved over, deleted the files from the albums that they were originally in. When I go to look for the newly created albums...

They. Do. Not. Exist.

WTF are you doing this to me?!

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. folders

Please let me organize my Photostream by folders.
    Set (Albums), Groups, Galleries and Collections are just list of links to the actual pictures on the Photostream. This means that the Photostream is the only Archive I can rely on, but it's a melting pot of hundreds, thousands on pictures of any kind, taken in very different situations. The only way to put it in order is to create folders, but I can't do it on Flickr. I waste a lot of time just to understand if the pictures in the Photostream are the same that I have in my desktop…

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add A6500 and A6300 to camera finder

It looks like only the a6000 appears. Is it possible to get the a6300 and a6500 added? I think I've seen them in EXIF on some photos, so I don't think it's an issue of Sony collapsing how it reports this series.

(I tried to vote on the 6300 idea, but this tool won't let me vote for it?)

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back "groups we've noticed" or something like that.

I used to like seeing random groups that I'd never get a chance to find otherwise.

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Watermark and/or Logo?

Is it possible to add a feature to add our own watermark or logo on all pictures already uploaded? and to future photos that we upload too?

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop cutting off heads in thumbnails in camera roll. Instead add blank areas to make pictures square.

In camera roll, stop cutting off heads in thumbnails of pictures taken in portrait orientation with the camera rotated. Instead add blank areas to make pictures square. New areas could be white to match the window background or extensions of the picture by mirroring the edge pixels. Alternatively do the same as in photo stream but in miniature.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. UHD format photo viewing

Hello,

First thank you for letting me use flickr for sharing my photo's. I appreciate the free 1TB :-)

I think that Flickr's viewing experience can be enhanced by showing photo's in UHD format, the size of my screen. Only then photo's will appear truly "sharp". All photo's I edit and upload for flickr are resized (Photoshop "fit" and sharpened for UHD. (fit within 3840x2160).

UHD screens will be very common in the near future and I think flickr should be ahead and show photo's in the best way possible to it's users.

When can we expect flickr to support…

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Collections will Improve Digital Asset Management

My company uses Flickr for digital asset management. It does the job, but would function much better if collections were more prominently featured on the top navigation bar and in profiles.

It makes no sense to have albums as the primary page when albums live within collections.

I've seen many users asking for this for years! Why has Flickr not made this change? It will benefit Flickr to capitalize on this service.

Please make this change! It will enhance the user experience tenfold!

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Geotags

Geotags: you used to offer the ability to keep geotags from appearing within a certain range (typically, of your home). I recently checked a photo and was shocked to find out that the location of my home was showing in the photo. Did you remove that ability to limit geotags? If so, it wasn't publicly announced.

Please bring it back.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Administrators to move images (reorder them)

There are times when members post images before a new theme begins. I would like to be able to move those forward or move others from the previous theme backwards (whichever is easier) so that everything in one theme will be together.

I can move images to re-order them in my own albums, so the technology to do this exists.

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please rework/enhance the comment system on the photo page

I'm an activate flickr user since more than 8 years now with lots of followers and therefore lots of comments on my photos, especially when they got explored. And I have to spend a high effort of time if I would reply to every single comment I get because the current commenting system especially answering comments is not user friendly !!!

When I press the "answer" button the user gets linked into the normal comment box, the page scrolls to the bottom and I can just write a new comment. Thats maybe fine for one answer. But if I want…

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the ability to block multiple followers at once

I would like the ability to block multiple followers at once.

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option in Batch edit Photos to show photos with correct proportions & display file names

While I'm batch editing photos, they are displayed as square thumbnails. This makes it difficult to see what photo is what when you have many similar photos(some may be panoramas which are cropped and you can't really tell the difference from the square thumbnail). It would be awesome to have an option to display the photos in their actual proportions.
    Currently to get around this, I have a photo viewer open on my computer alongside of Flickr. In Flickr I have to hover over the photo to see the file name so I know which photo I'm editing--again this could…

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unused Flickr screen names and Flickr web addresses avaible for use from blocked

The problem with screen names and web addresses is the only reason why I won't use Flickr.

For me whose name is the important key to my brand as a photographer, it's annoying to have something like this on a photo community sites.

Please be better, even if you are a big brand and a company.

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Return login through NOT Yahoo emails

Hello

I deleted cookies from my browser and now I can't login into my account https://www.flickr.com/photos/pasha4ur/

It logs me in some other accounts like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/129340609@N07/

Please return normal login through other mail services or social networks. Nobody cares about yahoo email service. Gmail is better.

Yahoo, you are killing Flickr

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please block all accounts in the range ****1995 and ****1989.

Is there a way to block multiple accounts with one command please?

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flickr Photo Editor

The new Flickr photo editor fulfills a great need for online photo editing after the discontinuation of the online Aviary photo editing facilitation.

However, there are a few critical requirements that need to be urgently considered for improving the utility of this new tool:

*Provision of a cropping grid with standard formats such as one-thirds, center-lines.

*Provision of a perspective control tool or straightening tool.

*Facilitation for scaling down images to standard display sizes such as 1024x, 2048x.

*A watermarking tool.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base