US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark Photos that have already been placed in a group.

When I'm uploading pictures to a group it would be great if a pink or blue border appeared around photos I have already placed in the group

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report images of lenses/cameras which have been posted in the wrong group

There are lots of groups around that are explicitly designated to pool images from certain cameras or lenses (i.e. "Canon 5D Mark II" group or "Samyang 85 1.4" group). Often enough there are many random pictures in these groups which were not shot with the camera or lens in question. This is confusing if you browse these groups in order to look for images from these specific cameras or lenses.

I request a feature to report these pictures to the admin for validation. Or maybe even better an atuomatic response system that removes reported images once they cross a certain…

190th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View activity since last post. In Recent Activity it would be useful to have an option to view only activity since my last post.

View activity since last post. In customize view of Recent Activity it would be useful to have an option to view only activity since my last post.Since last log on is no good for me because I log on regularly to view notifications, but only review them fully when I post my next photo.

175th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How About Showing The Names Of The People Who Post Invites To Groups

Whenever I get an invite to post a photo into some group, I never see the name of the person who has sent me the invite on my photostream. When I receive an invitation to post a photo into a group I want to know WHO sent me the invitation so that I can send the person a "FlickrMail" message thanking them. Could Flickr PLEASE start showing the names of people who send out invitations to groups. Thanks sincerely. From Steven Chateauneuf. snc145.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Non-destructive photo editing

Non-destructive photo editing through Aviary would be great so you can always revert back to the original image.

Right now, you either have to keep your originals outside Flickr; or, have duplicates of the same photo in Flickr - the original plus an edited version. I do the latter since Flickr is my primary backup and storage option, which is a little clunky.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simplify access to guest sharing links from Albums

If I already shared an album with someone and want share it again - I need to find sharing link under settings/sharing... would be much easier if it was accessible from album page

190th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How about a proper, functional zoom feature?

How about working on that instead of that neural image recognition feature? Which, at best, will be experimental, and at worst, merely duplicate exactly what 'tags' are meant to be used for - which are basically 100% accurate!

Your new zoom feature would just replicate what Panoramio had, and what Google Photos / Picasa has had for some time.

All the best, a very disapointed new user.

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make use of Gyroscope Sensors for controlling and viewing 360 Images on Mobile Devices

360 Images (VR, Spherical Images) should work in Browsers and in the Flickr-App, utilizing the gyroscope sensor of a mobile device.
    They should be in full screen as well.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi, I would like to be able to use symbols such as arrows, thumb's up and smiley faces in text comment's on flickr.

It would be nice to be able to add symbols such as a thumb's up sign, smiley faces, arrow's.... etc in the blast box of group's on flickr and in text comment's on images.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flickr should have a choice of disabling the picture to be opened in a new tab or window and right clicked and downloaded.

How about a feature that disables opening a picture in a new tab where it can be right clicked and downloaded.

175th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ranking of camera lenses on our favorite pictures

It would be great to have the possibility to see what type of focal length is shown by our favorite pictures. In order to see what perspectives we like the most. You could put the possibility to class those pictures by manufacturers and so on...

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase video length

Greetings! Please consider increasing the video length you allow beyond you current 3 minute limit. If you rely on the space limit you currently have in place, users will have more flexibility in the videos we can share. Thanks for considering this request

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regarding Invite/History: It would be soooooo helpful if the names were listed with the guest pass links (as they are with pending invites).

I would like to see WHO is making use of a guest pass to view my photos. On the Invite/History page I can see a list of guest pass links that I've sent out, listed by date. But if I've sent several passes out on the same day, there is no way to know which guest responded and viewed. So now I keep a log and only send one invite per day so I can keep track. Under the "Pending Invites" tab, you list the names of people I've invited to follow me, it seems you could also list the…

291st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is it possible to know how many photos do we have in each group?

Include a counter that shows the number of photos that you have in each group.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make option restricted memeber

I have groups! Don't want to put sweeper! But I want more admin options. Same way I may ban or remove people, I want to be able to make 2 restrictions for some members:
    1)no more than 1 picture per day, when other members may put more
    2)to select which members to put on a pic on approval

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a speed control for Flickr slideshow on Roku! I see lots of requests for this, over quite a long period of time!

Add a speed control for Flickr slideshow on Roku! I see lots of requests for this, over quite a long period of time, and no response from Flickr. Let's go!

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Licence Type Indication on Image Corner

Can there be a small icon on the corner of the photographs which indicates whether the image is creative common or with full rights and so on. This way, one can search for all images and select according to need.

With Regards,

http://infobynet.com

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For Flickr Slideshows embedded from Flickr on www Need to toggle 'Show Info' on the images - New Flickr Slideshows-No good with No Info!

For Flickr Slideshows embedded from Flickr to 3rd party websites we NEED to toggle 'Show Information' on the images like in Old Flickr Slideshows.The New Slideshows are Useless with No Information - Random images with no information on what viewers are looking at. The current slideshows were working on Jan 27 are now just black boxes - http://www.kununurra.org.au/khs/digital-archive/collections - S Yahoo's infinite wisdom in deprecating the old Flash slideshows has left broken websites all over the web. There is a need to be able to toggle 'Show Info' - Showing Photographs that show absolutely no information is totally useless in…

175th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two public areas per person, "Best" and "Ordinary" LOL

The Flickr suggestions found on web pages on line encourage us to limit our best photos to the top 6 or so as people do not work through an entire feed to find our better ones. Have you considered having two public feeds per person? One for the "best of best" and the other one for others? I take my photos out of "public" for this reason. I know most people won't take the time, although I often do, to look at a couple or more of pages of photos of someone else. This way, people would be encouraged to…

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base