US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to trim start and end point of videos

A lot of videos start and end with the user fumbling with the camera. It would be nice to select just the time range that you actually want to play on flickr. (It's fine if the 'download' link still provides the entire video since it's providing the original file.)

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No way to search for a specific album. Its a "must have" option if you are a pro user who upload hundreds of albums.

No way to search for a specific album. Its a "must have" option if you are a pro user who upload hundreds of albums.
    Otherway - there is no meaning for the ability to upload a lot of pictures, folders etc....
    PLEASE ADD SEARCH OPTION for albu, search.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Non-destructive photo editing

Non-destructive photo editing through Aviary would be great so you can always revert back to the original image.

Right now, you either have to keep your originals outside Flickr; or, have duplicates of the same photo in Flickr - the original plus an edited version. I do the latter since Flickr is my primary backup and storage option, which is a little clunky.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Is it possible to know how many photos do we have in each group?

Include a counter that shows the number of photos that you have in each group.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Non 2:1 photospheres as 360

Dear Flickr.

Could you please make non 2:1 photosphere pics to be visible in a 360 format as well? Like in Facebook? Sorry, but it's little annoying to process/crop pics at the exactly 2:1.

Tom

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We MUST have a way to upload our ORIGINAL FILENAMES with our photos. This was possible, please restore this feature!!

Keep our original filenames with our photos. It's not practical, or really possible to accurately go in and rename our files.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. create a way where photo teachers can use it with students existing school accounts w/o personal flickr accounts

I am a photo educator and prefer to use Flickr when teaching photo classes. It is excellent for collaboration with other students, and allows for sharing, backup and fast reviewing of images. The issue is that most if not all school districts do not allow teachers to tell a student to create and use an account outside of their school's account due to privacy and safety concerns. I can't stand using google drive and want a way where we can issue school controlled flickr accounts so if they post something inappropriate, we can remove it. Please help.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to upload/download and support higher quality lossless formats such as PNG or TIFF

Hi. Can you please allow users to upload lossless PNG files?!! JPEGs are not the best quality for users to share with their relatives, friends, and coworkers. Many people use Flickr for all types of purposes, including business purposes. I also use Flickr to store some of my photos. But JPEG is a lossy fornat and when I upload my high quality images, I lose some of the quality on Flickr.

115th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow users to configure content shown on the homepage, ie ,ake Groups, Suggested Photographers, even Followed Photographers OPTIONAL

There are many comments, generally unfavourable, about the content that's now shown on the 'homepage' ie what you see on first login. In many instances, much of that content is irrelevant to the user, so please would you allow us to configure the content that gets shown?

115th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow larger thumbnails in organizr in browser

Please allow us to make the thumbnails larger in the organizr interface. I'm tired of guessing what the picture is of when I'm trying to organize pictures into batches. Resizing within the browser doesn't increase the thumbnail resolution, and if you increase it too much, the window content gets confused.

115th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow more than 50 photos in galleries

I use galleries as a reference for inspiration for my own art. 50 is a low limit in a gallery for me.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. collections first

I would like to see Collections on the main page before albums since you organize your albums within collections. Just saying... thanks.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Flickr Pro members should be able to see the download statistics on who is downloading their photos

Flickr Pro members should be able to view the download statistics on their images.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think contact email addresses should be mandatory.

Few people use Flickr Mail. or have it go to a spam account. Reaching people is tough. If they HAVE to post a contact email in their PROFILE section, it would be easier to do business with them.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. the about

it's missing a few thing from the profile : like ***, is it a male, female, couples or other page. Plus it missing the rankings they given you. you do not know if you are followed, friend or family

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it easier to find just new photos

Sometimes I just want to look at photos as they come in. When I click on "Explore" it is pretty much always photos that have been up for ages with ten thousand + views and hundreds or thousands of 'favs'. I just want to *easily* look at the raw feed as photographers, good or bad, post their stuff. I think it is nice to see what just average folks post, as well as being beneficial. Then they know people are looking at their stuff and average people will get their photos rated more easily. Then they will get to learn…

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Camera Finder - LG G5 and Huawei P9

Please add the LG G5 and Huawei P9 to your Camera Finder.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to post private images in comments

Previously I was allowed to post private images in the comment section to show different POVs and crops of an image. As of late this has been disallowed, and I request that it be returned to a viable option when posting comments under my images.
    Or,
    explain how to post private images in comments so I can do it myself.

NOT all "improvements" are improvements!

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make the embedded slideshow feature have a responsive/mobile-friendly option when you choose the size.

Please make the embedded slideshow feature have a responsive/mobile-friendly option when you choose the size. Thanks!

156th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base