US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow users to configure content shown on the homepage, ie ,ake Groups, Suggested Photographers, even Followed Photographers OPTIONAL

There are many comments, generally unfavourable, about the content that's now shown on the 'homepage' ie what you see on first login. In many instances, much of that content is irrelevant to the user, so please would you allow us to configure the content that gets shown?

88th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Let us arrange our Flickr homepage to show what WE want to see.

I would like to be able to drag & drop 'blocks' of content so I can arrange my Flickr home page to show what **I** want to see as well as what I want others to see, and I want to decide what sizes those blocks of content should be. The new layout with just two columns of 'latest pics' in my feed by others that I have to scroll, scroll, scroll to see, is NOT want I want to see first!

88th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • I think contact email addresses should be mandatory.

Few people use Flickr Mail. or have it go to a spam account. Reaching people is tough. If they HAVE to post a contact email in their PROFILE section, it would be easier to do business with them.

88th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Sort photo by camera/lens/aperture etc.

Why can't we have a feature that can organize our(or even others/group's) photos by:
          camera/lens/aperture/location/ISO/Shutter speed etc.
          It's much easier to show the picture I took from only this Camera/lens/ aperture to my friend when they ask for. So we don't have to go back to my computer to sort it, so people can stay longer on flickr browse around, and that's exactly what you want.

Tom

99th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Camera Finder - LG G5 and Huawei P9

Please add the LG G5 and Huawei P9 to your Camera Finder.

99th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Albums organization

Please add the option to organize albums by date taken or uploaded just like in the photostream.

99th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow users to post private images in comments

Previously I was allowed to post private images in the comment section to show different POVs and crops of an image. As of late this has been disallowed, and I request that it be returned to a viable option when posting comments under my images.
                Or,
                explain how to post private images in comments so I can do it myself.

NOT all "improvements" are improvements!

99th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Allow users to upload/download and support higher quality lossless formats such as PNG or TIFF

Hi. Can you please allow users to upload lossless PNG files?!! JPEGs are not the best quality for users to share with their relatives, friends, and coworkers. Many people use Flickr for all types of purposes, including business purposes. I also use Flickr to store some of my photos. But JPEG is a lossy fornat and when I upload my high quality images, I lose some of the quality on Flickr.

112th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Flickr should have a choice of disabling the picture to be opened in a new tab or window and right clicked and downloaded.

How about a feature that disables opening a picture in a new tab where it can be right clicked and downloaded.

112th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • No way to search for a specific album. Its a "must have" option if you are a pro user who upload hundreds of albums.

No way to search for a specific album. Its a "must have" option if you are a pro user who upload hundreds of albums.
                      Otherway - there is no meaning for the ability to upload a lot of pictures, folders etc....
                      PLEASE ADD SEARCH OPTION for albu, search.

112th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Be able to upload videos greater than one GB

I love sharing my HD videos, but Flickr only lets me upload 1 GB videos maximum. That is ridiculous, and is annoying because most of my videos are greater than 1 GB. As long as we don't use more than our TB of data in total, may we please upload videos greater than 1 GB????

112th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • "Video" category on camera roll

It should be useful a "Video" category in Camera Roll view, so you can find all your video uploaded in one place, no matter when they were shot.

122nd ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Let users be able to access Flickr with any email account besides Yahoo

People who want to use Flickr should not have to need a yahoo account to access Flickr. Users should be able to use any email account they want to have a Flickr account!

122nd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Redesign the Flickr Homepage With No Scrolling

What Iwould like on my home page:
                              A row of my latest photos.
                              A row of contacts photos.
                              2 rows of photos each row from one of my groups.
                              My recent activity.
                              2 rows of my favorites.
                              No large photos, no clutter, no scrolling.
                              A link to upload.
                              More options about what I have instead of Flickr choosing.

122nd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Where are photos viewed

Is there a way for me to see where people are who are looking at my photos? I would love to be able to see that my photos are getting viewed in other countries.

122nd ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Please provide setting for how groups appear so we may go back to the old format.

The new groups tab is a mess with the new "recent photos details view". It takes up way to much real estate on the page and makes it a nuisance to scroll through and quick identify them. A simple, stream lined list view was much better.

Recently the format of the groups was changed to look more like a online magazine, replacing the simple, effective and quick way to find information you are looking for through the list view.

Here is a link to a good book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Think-Revisited-Usability/dp/0321965515/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_0/152-0671821-1421401?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X7QWXRMRQWV4DVN1V3JD

Thanks

141st ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Status Message

Very often I see my followers use their screen name to place a status message such as "away for a day," " on vacay," "I'm back" or something else short to alert their followers. The screen name is only 20 characters, most of which is an actual screen name.

Could there be a field on the header, next to or below our names, people could use if they wanted to display a short status message? I think this would help quite a few active users.

I know I wanted to leave a status message before, but my screen name was…

141st ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Stats - Source breakdown of views from Mobile devices

Stats - Source breakdown of views from Mobile devices:
                                      Under the Mobile heading in the source breakdown section of stats they just give the type of device (android/ios/web) with numbers of views from these devices.
                                      That is not helpful to me. I don't care what device views are coming from, I want to know what they looked at! or how they found my photo(s), the same as with the other stats.

141st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Responsive group window and other feature requests

Hi Guys,
                                        Some development tips came into my mind during the daily usage of Flickr (web and mobile)
                                        Web:
                                        - add photo to group window should be responsive or adjustable, when I use it on a bigger screen it takes 20 rolls to get to the bottom, instead of having a bigger window and see 10-15 groups on one
                                        page
                                        - in add photo to group window you should indicate at each group, how many pics I have left that day/week/month - just as in the mobile version
                                        - arranging my groups by how many pics I have left that…

141st ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Get GPS coordinates from videos

When I take a video with my iPhone, exiftool knows the GPS coordinates that the video was taken at. Flickr can read those coordinates when I upload a photo, but it seems like it ignores them when I upload a video.

141st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base