US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where has the 'edit' option gone in the user's photostream options?

The 'edit' button seems to have disappeared from the photostream user options, so we just see the 'densely-spaced' photo view without the option to go to edit mode and see photo stats, for example.

Another 'improvement'?!

30th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The edit photo feature on the Flickr photo page is currently disabled pending an upgrade. The older version of Aviary that was being used stopped working last weekend, and Adobe is working with us to upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Aviary.

This means that after a brief delay (while we get the update in place), you’ll have access to a more stable, more feature rich photo editor to complement your Flickr experience!

Sorry for the inconvenience of this unexpected upgrade, but we’re confident it will be worth the wait. Please review this help article for more information: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN28158.

2. Fix the Bug!

I have just noticed today that some of my public photo's have suddenly started disappearing, to be replaced with "This photo is no longer available". What's going on?

168th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibility to feature sets or albums on home-page or on about-page

i think that galleries are such a beautiful feature with often very low attention. (even though they've got their own navigation button :-) - !!)
    what if you could feature not only single photos on your "about" page (or even on the main photostream?) but also your gallery of the week, or some of your sets?

220th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Do not put a footer at the bottom of an infinitely scrolling page

There are various places where a page incorporates both infinitely scrolling content and a footer with links that the user may want to access. Those two paradigms do not work together. An example is the main page, https://flickr.com when logged in. As I scroll down to get to a link in the footer, more content loads in pushing the footer below the fold. This makes the footer inaccessible and unusable on the page.

Possible Solutions:
    * Move the footer to a side menu or a menu accessible from a header bar. Anywhere where the content will not be scrolled out…

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When are you going to put the programme back on the top of the page More where I could look at my photo's and edit them if I wanted too ??

Please put the More, back on the top of the page what included me able to Edit and view my photos on various pages, of which I am unable to do have the More option has been removed
    Why has it been removed !! I have been a member since 2007 and had no problems before

120th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Used to be able to get a list of top 200 photos in order by faves, views, and comments. What gives?

What happened to the "popular" option under "my photostream"?? Used to be able to get a list of my top 200 photos ranked by views, comments, or faves. Where is it now? Or is getting rid of it another "improvement"?

78th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I do have another problem and feedback for the Flickr Team: Now I see why so many of My Professional friends have left Flickr!

I do have another problem and feedback for the Flickr Team:

Now I see why so many of My Professional friends have left Flickr! Toys and Origami are getting lots of Explores! I do not get it. period! What a joke the Flickr Explore Team has become! I have been with Flickr about 10 years and have never seen anything like it! It used to be a photo had to have the Professional look, Artistic, composition, focus, imagination and be real life people,nature, statues, landscapes etc.! What a joke! Sorry Flickr Explore Team, You have gone down hill by accepting…

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restricted photos shall not be visible via open graph protocol.

For photos set privacy as "public" but safety level as "restricted" (which means they are visible for logged-in adults), logged-out users will see a warning about its status and a hint to log in.
    However, the meta tag which set "og:image" in HTML code still notes a direct URL of the photo. This makes social websites such as Facebook show the NSFW photo to their users. And this is no good.

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG: Switching from "Private" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

This bug in the software still exists. I just changed a photo from private to public and it deleted the FAVES count. Photo had 5 Faves from group viewers, as of 2:00PM MST.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wng555/33638165924/in/photostream/
    Switched to Public view, and Fave count reset to Zero!
    This bug has been in existence since the start of 2017. Please fix these bugs to your statistics, otherwise the features are meaningless.

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. contest submission directly from our profile /photo papges

It's more motivated if we can submit photos directly to Flickr contest more often . I know flickr friday or something...
    but that will be our motivation for photo submissions.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I see the new BETA on the cameraroll view. It takes away the ability to share the REAL URL of the image. Do NOT do that!

I see the new BETA on the cameraroll view. It takes away the ability to share the REAL URL of the image. Do NOT do that!

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What happened to the date on the left in Photostream? It was handy to jump to the date you want.

What happened to the date on the left in Photostream? It was handy to jump to the date you want.

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let me put all my photos into the same profile.

I was forced to add a new profile even though i'm happy with the original set of albums and photostream set up a few years ago. So now all my new photos are going into the new profile automatically, and i can't arrange them according to albums anymore. Help? Can't i just keep on using the original profile and add to that?

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More control over photostream appearance

Giving users absolutely no control over how their photos are presented on the first page everyone sees is bizarre.

Even just some basic options like how the photos are tiled, or the spacing between photos would be great.

You only have to look at the number of users who manually add a white border to their photos, in order to make their photostream look better, to know this would be well-received.

Simply bunching as many photos into the space as possible in a dynamically resized window just isn't enough for people that care about how their photos are presented.

78th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding new photos with tags preset for albums

It would be nice to save time in organising new and existing photos if an album could be assigned a set of tags so that a photo added to the album would be automatically tagged with the preset tags.

If the photo was moved to another album, it would drop the previous album tags and instead pick the new album tags.

This is in addition to any tags manually given by you (album creator).

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Too many clicks to see photo details

When you click a photo there should be a way to see the details. With the current change you need to click the photo and then click the photographer to get to their stream, then re-click the photo you were just looking at to see the details. Suggest adding an icon (i) maybe, on the banner at the bottom where you click favorite, forward etc. so you can jump directly to the narrative and EXIF, location etc.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BUG? Switching a photo from "Family" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

Switching a photo from "Family" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

I just detected this on one of my photos. There were 20 existing Faves already while the photo was set to Family and shared on Groups as well. Switched to Public a few days later and the Fave count went to Zero.

298th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Back button snaps to top

Please bring us back to the point we were at on the previous page, when we use the Back button on a browser. It's annoying to be brought to the top of the previous page after viewing a photo, and having to scroll back down to where we were.

220th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Compact notifications

I find the current notifications system too verbose and chaotic.
    I'm new here in Flickr while coming from several months using EyeEm.
    The notifications there are handled in a more readable way.
    To do example, if someone fav 20 of my photos, comment 4 of them and then begins to follow me here in Flickr I get 25 separate notifications, in chronological order. It's even difficult to separate the comments from the favs.
    In EyeEm I just receive 3 notifications, one with the list on favs photo, 1 with the list of commented photos and 1 for the following.
    This…

220th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base