US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I was recently advised that if I renew my PRO membership, I would be able to send photos to an unlimited number of groups. I renewed but g

I was recently advised that if I renew my PRO membership, I would be able to send photos to an unlimited number of groups. I renewed but am now limited to send photos to ONLY 60 groups maximum.

Please advise what is the situation.

Thanks

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add message with reason for rejection of photos

I run a group with rules that demand certain information or tags to be added to photos, before they are allowed into the pool.
    - It's a matter of adding camera-type.

However, sometimes people forget to add those tags (or don't care), and I usually send them a message to get them to tag their photos properly, before I reject their photo if this hasn't been done within a week.

I would really like to have the option to add a short message/reason when I reject a photo to the pool, so I don't have to mail a lot of…

186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to be able to add 3 entire Albums to my Group

I should be enabled to add entire albums (that each have been carefully selected and ordered) to a Group (for my friends and family to view privately).

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a Group Founder Category For All Groups

This has been brought up, discussed, and requested repeatedly over the last decade, yet Flickr has done absolutely nothing to fix the situation and address the issues with rogue administrators that at some point just take over a group and will not cooperate with any of the other admins who are trying to keep the group on track with its intended purpose!

As a group founder you may or may not have experienced this issue as of yet, but if you have granted admin privileges or intend to grant admin privileges to any member of your group, be forewarned that…

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Easier Group Photos

When you go to add photos to a group photo pool, photos you've already added or that are not eligible should not show up. It can take forever to click through your album before you find ones that are accepted.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can't add pictures to groups. Doesn't happen all the time. But I can select the photos but then nothing. Glitches.

I can't add pictures to groups. Doesn't happen all the time. But I can select the photos but then nothing. Glitches.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Present great Flickr Groups in the Weekly Flickr

There are some awesome groups in Flickr that do more than just collecting photographs. It would be great to present some of these groups in the Weekly Flickr blog.
    I'm part of the admin team of Flickr's 100 Best (https://flic.kr/g/dhB69L). It is the Hunger Game of Flickr and has a limited pool of 100 awesome photographs of all kind. Over 10'000 members challenge the actual pool photographs to get theirs in. Our group is highly active with over 50 challenges a month.
    Besides the fun aspect, members get a serious and constructive critique in our group and fantastic…

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. group icon

what has happened to the possibility of selecting icons by copying and pasting a link? This was available on the administrator page, but has now disappeared. Alternatively, when photos can be chosen from the pool, the search should allow to search within the group, not within the administrator's pool.

81st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Administrators To See Photos of Pending Members Who Have Set Their Photostream To Private!

I have created groups that are invitation only. When I get join requests, I do not approve anyone unless they have art work that is appropriate to the theme of the group. If the person who did the join request has a private photostream, I can't see their work. I can't approve what I can't see. Please make the work available for viewing to administrators approving a join request. I have had to deny dozens of requests because I can't see the work.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the app alert when you are leaving a group.

I was using the app and accidently left the group I created. It is a private group so now I have no access. There was no alert to my leaving. I though it meant I was leaving the group to go to the home page, not that I was LEAVING, taking myself out of the group.
    Crazy.. please correct and how can I get back in my own group?

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Groups have no owners

Groups whose owners were deleted or otherwise abandoned the group leaves it in a state that excludes owner permissions. Spammers join and abuse the group email with no way to stop it. Also, people aren't able to be approved for membership when required.

There needs to be way for moderators and members to gain/upgrade to ownership in event there is no owner or the current owner(s) haven't been active in the group for a period of time.

Please fix this.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. adding members to a group

The overall groups experience is non-intuitive and very cumbersome.

Creating a group with the appropriate type - private, semi-private, public - is confusing. Private groups being non-discoverable, I needed to convert it to searchable (semi-private) which was not possible. So I had to create a brand new group. There's no way to "clone" a group, so I had to try and get everyone from the old group signed into the new group.
    Which brought me to the "searching for people" experience, which is quite lacking. Most members I searched for could not be found (perhaps they're private too). So now…

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Flag photos for removal from group

Oftentimes, groups are tied to a specific topic. Members often won’t read the rules before adding photos, Moderators might abandon the group and not pay too much attention..
    It would be nice to be able to keep groups clean, and add the ability to flag photos for removal from a specific group – as a reminder for the moderator.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would like to be able to organize photo in group in certain order.

Would like to have capability to organize photos we add into group and create an album.

39th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recycle Bin for Deleted Group Discussions and Comments

Groups can have many moderators and admins.

And though I understand group creators should always carefully choose which privileges are given to "trusted" members when they deem they need help monitoring their group, it's often very difficult to ascertain just how someone will act once they are elevated to administrator status, and given the power to make drastic deletions and changes within the group.

Not all admins or moderators will agree on everything concerning the group, especially when the group allows open discussions to be created and discussed by group members, moderators, and admins.

Unfortunately any admin can just delete…

121st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. subcategory Groups

hi flickr team , might be a good idea to order their group category ? and then upload the photo by selecting the category that contains all the desired groups .
    Thanks Andrea

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix bugs in Beta group

1) Search for tag "2016-36" in group "DNCB". The interface claims there are 51 photos, when actually 52 exist.
    2) the Advanced search > Dates is confusing. Many photos taken on Aug 24, but none appear unless the left-hand date is either <blank> or set to Aug 23. Conventional behaviour would expect them to appear when left-hand box is Aug 24 or earlier.
    3) Advanced search button has combo box for selecting Date Taken or Date Uploaded as the sort criteria. Has no effect; sorting is always by Date Uploaded.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Engineering is saying/asking the following:

They did the following:
    1. Go to the group pool page https://www.flickr.com/groups/dncb/pool/
    2. Click on the search icon just above the group pool
    3. No option to search for tags so I search for 2016-36
    4. I get no results so I click on the advance icon to get options.
    5. Set to Search in Tags.
    Result:
    Nothing returned. Is this how you are searching?
    If you know what photo that is not in the search results, can you please check that photo on the photo page and see that it’s in that group and has that tag?

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

19. Easier group invite

The group invitation function requires that the person doing the invitation know whether the invitee already has a Flickr account.

I should be able to send an invite list and have Flickr provide two different links - a request to join the group directly, if the person has an account already. If I guess incorrectly, the link that is sent to them is useless.

57th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Return to Group "initial" view

There are a lot of non-Flickr users visiting a Group that I belong to and Admin. I created an Admin Blast that appears very nicely at the top when they go to what I m calling the front page at flickr.com/groups/dncb. I'm telling them how to use the search and sort capabilities to find what they want and they move on to individual pictures, scrolling through the result set.

As long as they stay within that result set, I would like them to have a one-button click to get back to that front page. Yes, they can delete the search…

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base