US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add an “empty cache” to the Flickr iOS app

The Flickr iOS app can easily cache hundreds of megabytes on the iPhone. Please give users the ability to clear the cache in the settings.

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Flickr app- Should be able to embed photos into group discussions.

It is really frustrating to not be able to embed photos into group discussions via phone. Many groups would benefit from this. I am in a daily photo journal group, and can only work on it from my desktop at home.

There should be an easy way to copy the HTML for different sizes (or even if just set on medium 500) in the app.

54th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Group Discussions for Mobile app

Hi Flickr Team! I am keen on keeping connected to the various discussions in the groups I have joined. However, I often do not have access to my laptop during the week. Is there a way to include group discussions in your mobile app? That way, no matter where I am, as long as there is internet connection, I can access and participate in group discussions from my phone.

54th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • More features for mobile application

The mobile experience on Android is rather thin.

I trust I can speak for many when I say that the application is not good enough: It lacks many features that the full site has, but the application should replace the site, since you advertise it on the mobile site.

Let's start with something very basic, and then move on to my other points.

Notifications:
          You can disable notifications, but you cannot select which event you want to be notified about. Disabling notifications will disable all notifications, which is something I don't want.

Notifications have other issues too. The app allows…

66th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Galleries should be able to be accessed on the mobile app

Why is this not possible? It seems really shortsighted.

74th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ability to Download Full Resolution from Mobile Site, Desktop site, and Apps (All Versions of Flickr)

Hi. I have a free account with Flickr with the 1000 GB storage. I want to use Flickr as my main website to create albums and share with my family and friends. Many of my friends and family do not have a flickr account, and I do not want them to have to create an account just to view and download images. I also want them to be able to download the full size image, if they would like to, to their computer or mobile device. When my family and friends click on the link on their mobile phones, sometimes…

81st ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Choose auto-uploadr folders

Let us choose which folder(s) to be uploaded automatically!
                Now EVERYTHING on my phone is being uploaded, which is utterly STUPID! I want to use Flickr for my PHOTOS, not every screenshot and download I make on my phone.

81st ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 110th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Rating

It would be great to be able to change the ratings of a pic from safe through to moderate etc via the app

133rd ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Asus Zenfone

Support for Asus Zenfone series, such as Zenfone 5, Selfie, Zenfone 2, etc.
                      Currently there is no specific page for Asus but found for Sony, Samsung, etc. Also, the photo information shown for Asus has a full frame camera instead of a smartphone.

I suggest something like this, but for Asus. See example: http://www.flickr.com/cameras/asus/
                      (with provided photos of phone models and the correct sign when checking photo information (EXIF area).

Thanks!

151st ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Make clicking on Location bring up phone's navigation app

Please make the Location map feature in the Android app able to launch the phone's default mapping/navigation application.

It was be VERY helpful if one could click on the location of a geotagged/mapped photo and have the Flickr app for Android launch the default mapping/navigation app so that one can navigate to the location the photo was taken at.

151st ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Improving the Apple App

I am hoping there is an update coming for the flikr app for iPhones that would allow the information bars at the top and bottom of the images to appear in landscape mode. Currently while the phone is on its side I'm unable to favorite pictures. I (and possibly others) would appreciate the implementation of this feature, thus making it easier and faster to scroll and favorite the full size images on the phone.

151st ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Please can you add the OnePlusTwo phone to the list of phones?Photos taken on my OnePlusTwo currently come up as OnePlusOne.

Please can you add the OnePlusTwo phone to the list of phones?Photos taken on my OnePlusTwo currently come up as OnePlusOne.

211th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Landscape Swiping Iphone 6S+ is not working

If you use the flickr app on a iPhone 6S+ and you open a album. Swiping is ok as long the iPhone is in portret. As soon you turn the phone into the landscape mode you are only to swipe porter photos. With landscape photo's the swipe is not working. Is this a known bug?

211th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base