US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Album sort by newest to oldest in albums

Photos should automatically sort by newest to oldest in albums. It is SO frustrating that I have to edit the arrangement after every upload. Why can't I choose a default for every upload?

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Uploader

Good day, the current model of the Flickr Uploader, is quiet...useless. Direct upload from the folder, takes away the means to set up tags, album title, and sub title of the picture in question. To which you make more work on doing the personal touches in edit mode on your site. When it can be done, via the old Uploader at one's own desktop.

Please, I understand currently, the company has been bought and there is a transition ongoing. To be honest...the design is made 'cheaply' and with no true after thought. Since I have been a member since 2007,…

113th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tags are not metadata anymore

Tag Parsing - Tags are not metadata anymore

Hashtags are embedded in so many descriptions and titles, they should not have to be treated as metadata by us content creators. It would be helpful if, during the insert, hashtags are parsed and copied into Flickr's metadata fields. Tags could be parsed from Exif data and text captions/descriptions.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it possible to upload a photo one day, but have it posted to Flickr on a future date.

I will be moving in the very near future, and I may not have access to the internet on a certain date. My idea is to allow a photo to be uploaded one day (ex: June 15), and then have Flickr post it on the day requested (ex: July 1) so that it can then be 'visible' to all on that certain day. I know I can upload now and only make it visible to myself, but if I'm not available on the correct date to change the visibility option and change the date of the upload, then the photo…

202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To avoid duplication, before uploading, user should be given an option, whether to proceed or replaced the existing files.

To avoid duplication, before uploading, user should be given an option, whether to proceed or replaced the existing files. Why on earth, this easy process flickr still unable to perform??

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bad links on uploadbyemail page

https://www.flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail/

There are at least 2 wrong href links on this page:

"use a special code"
    "using these instructions"

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for telling us about this issue. I have reported the problem to engineering to resolve. I will update this post when I hear back from them.

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

8. It wud b great if the gallery shared from Picasa webs contents cud b automatically imported in Flickr. i

It wud b great if the gallery shared from Picasa webs contents cud b automatically imported in Flickr.

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more folder option required

App is good but there is no option to add more folders like what's app or Bluetooth. Currently it takes backup of camera folder due to which we failed to upload all pics from other folders like Google photos. Need improvement in Flickr on this issue

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please increase the video upload limit to at least 5 minutes.

Please increase the video upload limit to at least 5 minutes.

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature to Retry the upload of videos which are struck at "This video is being processed"

Feature to Retry the upload of videos which are struck at "This video is being processed"

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When finished upload photos please go back to currently album page

When finished upload photos please go back to currently album page!!! always want me click very trouble!! become user friendly please.

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. tiff files

hi my tiff files are from nikon and raw , so when i ipload them to a folder camera roll drag and drop they are pixaly and not as sharp as they sjould be why , instead of that sharp edge its a bit jaggy and site should make it easy to contact them for advice instead of forumns

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base