US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flickr iPhone app doesn't work with Yahoo Acccount key

Because of the Yahoo security breach, I enabled "account key" for my Yahoo acccount. That left me unable to log in with the Flickr app on iPhone, apparently because my old password no longer works.

I finally figured out that I could create one of those special passwords for unsecured apps, and now can log in. But there were no instructions giving any clue about this, and I rather suspect that most users won't figure that out.

198th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make it easier to get to the "Feedback" button.

There's a feedback at the bottom of the page, but when I try to scroll down to it, it keeps getting covered up by more stuff.

198th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Allow the ability to add sound track to still photos. I have a seperately recorded audio of ambient sounds that I would like to add.

Allow the ability to add sound track to still photos. I have a separately recorded audio of ambient sounds that I would like to add. If Flickr is looking for ways to differentiate itself from the other photo apps, this would be a useful feature.
        It might be best to have the audio initially at half-volume so that viewers in a public setting do not disturb others, but have the option to turn the volume up.

198th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Replace Aviary editing function fast!!

Aviary was recently removed, a new editing or a fixed Aviary should be in place for us to use.

198th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • For Flickr Slideshows embedded from Flickr on www Need to toggle 'Show Info' on the images - New Flickr Slideshows-No good with No Info!

For Flickr Slideshows embedded from Flickr to 3rd party websites we NEED to toggle 'Show Information' on the images like in Old Flickr Slideshows.The New Slideshows are Useless with No Information - Random images with no information on what viewers are looking at. The current slideshows were working on Jan 27 are now just black boxes - http://www.kununurra.org.au/khs/digital-archive/collections - S Yahoo's infinite wisdom in deprecating the old Flash slideshows has left broken websites all over the web. There is a need to be able to toggle 'Show Info' - Showing Photographs that show absolutely no information is totally useless in…

142nd ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 198th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • You may think it is a brilliant idea to show me all the pictures from our account, because I'm on our flickr page so often. IT IS NOT.

You may think it is a brilliant idea to show me all the pictures from our corporation's account, because I'm on our flickr page so often. IT IS NOT. when I use the search, it is not to find all the pictures I know already. It is to find pictures from other accounts. I would love to have the possibility to choose whether I want to see pictures from accounts I often visit or just any accounts. The latter I need much more often.

198th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Yes, go back to the Original way this Program for my photos worked. I cannot relax and find time to use it anymore.

i have seen some of my Paintings being sold as Prints in Ottawa, after someone got them here and a Watermark with my name 'masked ' over the image would have denied this. Plea
                  se place a Watermark over all my Art photos to protect their integrity and stop this thievery.

198th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Hi,

We pay quite a lot for flickr, my suggestions are to bring back Picnic editing tool-which was excellent-and to let one change the name in one's flickr page-link. People get married, new surnames are added. These two features should be provided for free as one pays to keep a flickr account. Hope someone in the management gets this to the top decision making people, it will only help flickr since it would be considered good customer service.

Thank you very much,
                    AVS

198th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Create a citation page/modal for people using creative commons images

I use Flickr a lot for finding images to use within presentations. The Creative Commons filter is great. But it would be really nice if we had a consistent pattern for giving credit to the photographer.

Check out the citation page from BrainyQuote. This is available via a single quote and makes it easy to provide adequate citation.
                      https://www.brainyquote.com/citation/quotes/quotes/e/emilyoster554579.html?ct=Emily+Oster

198th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Make Collections more presentable. Improve Mobile (non-app) experience.

Love the Collections page and I think it should be more upfront with the albums instead of hidden in the background. Also, there is no shortcut to share a Collection. It seems like such a great feature is being neglected! It didn't even get an upgrade when Flickr redid the album pages. Please give Collections and updated look and also add it to the forefront! The feature is also neglected in the Mobile app and needs to be brought in there.

While I'm at it, the mobile experience for non-app users needs an overhaul. The interface is terrible when using…

142nd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • I can't add pictures to groups. Doesn't happen all the time. But I can select the photos but then nothing. Glitches.

I can't add pictures to groups. Doesn't happen all the time. But I can select the photos but then nothing. Glitches.

198th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Unable to download original photos from album. I tried several times, it starts to download but then I get Network error

This is my album. I tried from different browsers and different computers. Result always the same. Please fix.

198th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Chronological order

I really wish Flickr would put albums in chronological order as a computer does with files. I label albums by 2016 May 1. On y computer is hen lists them in order but here there all bundled up

198th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Where is Aviary?

I no longer see "EDIT PHOTO IN AVIARY" when I click where it tells me to edit my photos. Is Aviary gone? If so WHY is it no longer available?

22nd ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Stop favorites from disapearing when making an image private

I had an image up that some people had faved. Then I made it private, and then public again a bit later. Then suddenly it had 0 favorites, but the same amount of viewes.
                                  If this instance wasn't a bug, the feature should be changed so that such stats about the image is retained even when its privacy is changed back and forth.

142nd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • something more applealing on your sign in the activity page...

would like to see a more appealing page for the activity page.. not someone elses photos when signing in....

198th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Flickr should have the option to let us choose which pictures would be shown in our gallery!

This way, we could avoid pictures we would like to upload to Flickr without having people seeing them on our gallery.

FOR EXAMPLE: Maybe I want to have my Gallery (my Flickr portfolio) made of only Sunset images. However, I had to attend my sister's wedding and have uploaded all the wedding pics to my Flickr.

I don't want these wedding pics in my gallery portfolio! I just want them in an album...

Hope you guys can understand what I mean;

198th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Situate replies directly below comment

We need to be able to reply to a comment on an image and have that reply nested directly below (and maybe indented) the appropriate comment. It's very awkward to have the reply so far down the comments stream.

198th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Why can't I open my Flickr mobile app to my own photostream? It defaults to pics of people i'm following and I can't change it.

When I open Flickr, I don't want it to default to my friends photostream. I want to open to my own page and then choose to look at a friends photostream. This is almost a creepy forced functionality and I see no way to change it. Please fix, or advise if I just haven't figured out how to do it.

198th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16