US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Most popular photos has most viewed etc. Please add most viewed per time period, most faved per time period etc.

In about is most popular which has most viewed, commented, faved. Could also add most viewed per moth, most commented per month etc. Just multiply the number you alreadt sort on already by 31 and divide by the number of days (in floating point) since the photo was posted and sort by the result, again in floating point.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UHD format photo viewing

Hello,

First thank you for letting me use flickr for sharing my photo's. I appreciate the free 1TB :-)

I think that Flickr's viewing experience can be enhanced by showing photo's in UHD format, the size of my screen. Only then photo's will appear truly "sharp". All photo's I edit and upload for flickr are resized (Photoshop "fit" and sharpened for UHD. (fit within 3840x2160).

UHD screens will be very common in the near future and I think flickr should be ahead and show photo's in the best way possible to it's users.

When can we expect flickr to support…

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update camera icon for Fujifilm X100 series cameras

I can see that you updated a lot of icons in the last few months.
    This process can be boring, I know, but I would like that you consider updating the icon related to Fujifilm X100 camera series.
    Some newer phones (galaxy s8, iphone x) have updated icon look (and it looks fuc**** awesome), so it would be nice to have the same thing on one of the most popular cameras in the world.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix statistics tracking bugs

In the past five hours, my total number of reported views has decreased by about 3000. First the previous day's count disappeared from the total (at 7PM Eastern, the start of a new day in GMT), and now several more days seem to be gone. In many other recent cases views have not been counted for hours at a time, and in still other cases there have apparently been sudden and inexplicable bursts of activity. Since as a Pro user I'm paying for statistics reporting, I expect a much higher level of service and accuracy in these numbers, and at…

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. backing up albums - title & description & tags, too

I wish to download my flickr labor - each photo, together with its title, description, and tags. If this is flickr photobook, that is good, but also I want to edit, so PDF or other electronic form of the albums or a la carte selected photos would add lots of value to the flickr universe.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr Photo Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rethink UI/UX Design

Dear Flickr, I am a member for quite a long time now. I guess to have registered my account in 2011. I uploaded some photos, organized them in galleries, shared with public and never came back again. Why? It's really a pain, to use Flickr! Maybe you wanted to reinvent UI/UX design, but there are standards established, that all other websites - really all - stick to and so make it easy for experienced professional users and hobbyists as well to make use of.
    I surf the internet since 1998 and I never got such a bad user experience as…

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug in Organizer: "Photos and Videos" shows only a fraction of all photos

I have noticed an interesting bug. There seem to be around 14k photos in my account, but when I go to the organizer, it reports only 1500 photos (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0cv2sej6wp3x0x/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-09%20at%2011.50.06.png?dl=0). However, if I change the setting from "Photos and Videos" to only "Photos", I see all 14975 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc1vqarjax1lhoi/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-09%20at%2011.50.11.png?dl=0).

The problem is that the API also seems to return only 1500 images. I tried using one of the duplicate removers and it only processed the first 1500 photos, instead of all 15000. There seems to be some bug deeper down in the API...

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upload videos from Mac Photos app

Can you please update Flickr Uploadr for mac to upload also videos from the Apple Photos app?

170th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Geotags

Geotags: you used to offer the ability to keep geotags from appearing within a certain range (typically, of your home). I recently checked a photo and was shocked to find out that the location of my home was showing in the photo. Did you remove that ability to limit geotags? If so, it wasn't publicly announced.

Please bring it back.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please fix the network error when downloading a full album

Your posted article on multiple support/idea posts doesn't solve the issue of FAILED NETWORK ERROR.

Failed - Network error always happens when you download a full album.

This is not a network issue isolated to the user, this is on Flickr's end. I have used multiple computers and multiple networks with the same result, error.

I repeat, this is not on the USER's end. This is on YAHOO's end.

Please fix this.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. support for live photos (apple)

a way to preserve “live” aspect of apple live photos.

219th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Autoupload only photos

I would like to be able to set the uploadr to work only on my photos, or at least upload photos first and then the videos, since they take so much more time. Thanks for your consideration.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New explore concept and recommendations

As I understand, Flickr shows the 500 most interesting photos of the last day on explore.

Well, I've been clicking on explore in a daily basis looking for inspiration and only a few photos are interesting... for me!

Let me tell about my case: I'm interested in food photography, so I look for inspiration in my feed, my groups and on the explore page. But when I see the explore page, I only get birds and legos. OK, birds are nice but thy aren't exactly what I'm looking for... and legos make me feel somehow nervous. I mean, there is…

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No more cover image when sharing Flickr album on Facebook

Since mid-december, I can't share my Flickr album on facebook correctly. The link works fine, but there is no more cover photo (instead, a message saying "Flickr is almost certainly the best management...").
    My old link still work fine. But if I try to share the same old album with new link, no more photo cover...
    What happened?

219th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. hover turns some photo side ways

...why does a hover turn some photo side ways

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back "groups we've noticed" or something like that.

I used to like seeing random groups that I'd never get a chance to find otherwise.

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delete zero picture accounts.

Prurge Flickr of accounts that have Zero pictures and delete them.
    Stop the Fave only and make it if you comment you can fave.
    Not just fave a picture.
    Far too many accounts / users fave and they have no photos in their stream.
    They copy our work and use the pictures.

That is not good copyright practice.
    I have now found 5000 + pictures used on many websites.
    Even though all the settings on here are set to stop this from happening.

Also while not logged in I went to show someone a video from my stream and it…

367th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. creating a new account is a ******** **** show.

i create a new Flickr account using non-yahoo email.

i confirm Flickr account via non-yahoo email.

Flickr tells me non-yahoo account (primary) has not been confirmed, but some weird auto-generated yahoo email account is confirmed.

Flickr also tells me that auto-generated yahoo email id is to be used to log in to Flickr. N-O-P-E. Flickr doesn't recognize it.

try re-confirming non-yahoo (primary) id ... Flickr says it's already been confirmed, yet Settings still says it isn't

delete auto-generated yahoo id/email because it appears essentially useless

try to re-send another confirmation email to non-yahoo (primary) id... this time Flickr tells me…

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base