US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop auto tagging my pictures with all of your bloody auto irrotation tags!!

Quit the friggin' auto tagging of pictures with "outdoors" "wildlife" "trees" "garden" "june" "july" "beach" "train" "station", etc...

And as I am in Britain, Britain is NOT in f***ing europe... DO NOT insult me, my British nationality and existence wit "europe" because I am not in facist gestapo europe and neither is my country, the united kingdom of Britain... we are more affiliated with the USA!

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why set the limit of sharing photos with Groups?

I noticed that today flickr sets the limit of sharing photo with groups as 60, it really bothers me. Why can't I share my pictures with more groups now? :(

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto tagging is ridiculous

I bet the guy who figured out what's in a picture and supplies tags automatically thought it was a really clever idea.
    Well, if it were smart enough, it would be, but it's not, so it isn't.
    "sky" ? "road" ? "building"? Yeah, those things appear in my pictures,
    but that's not the subject and I bet there is "sky" in almost every outdoor picture taken! Yeah, that will narrow things down!

What is the end result of this "cleverness"?
    Wasted time and effort, as no doubt it slows down the upload process,
    and then it wastes my time getting…

65th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Could you please stop adding tags yourself ? The statue of a man is not an ANIMAL !!

flickr always adds tags that have no link whatsoever with the posted pics.
    Please note that your clients are adults and know what tags to add exactly!

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Where has the 'edit' option gone in the user's photostream options?

The 'edit' button seems to have disappeared from the photostream user options, so we just see the 'densely-spaced' photo view without the option to go to edit mode and see photo stats, for example.

Another 'improvement'?!

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The edit photo feature on the Flickr photo page is currently disabled pending an upgrade. The older version of Aviary that was being used stopped working last weekend, and Adobe is working with us to upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Aviary.

This means that after a brief delay (while we get the update in place), you’ll have access to a more stable, more feature rich photo editor to complement your Flickr experience!

Sorry for the inconvenience of this unexpected upgrade, but we’re confident it will be worth the wait. Please review this help article for more information: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN28158.

6. Please make it possible for us to see from which URL visitors came

In the old version of flickr statistics I was able to see from what URL my visitors came. I could see if it was a group or a gallery, or what website. With the current stats I sometimes get an info only on how many came from android, iphone, etc. I miss this feature, because this way I was able to track down if my images were published on websites without my permission. Please reinstate it when possible.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please rework/enhance the comment system on the photo page

I'm an activate flickr user since more than 8 years now with lots of followers and therefore lots of comments on my photos, especially when they got explored. And I have to spend a high effort of time if I would reply to every single comment I get because the current commenting system especially answering comments is not user friendly !!!

When I press the "answer" button the user gets linked into the normal comment box, the page scrolls to the bottom and I can just write a new comment. Thats maybe fine for one answer. But if I want…

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option in Batch edit Photos to show photos with correct proportions & display file names

While I'm batch editing photos, they are displayed as square thumbnails. This makes it difficult to see what photo is what when you have many similar photos(some may be panoramas which are cropped and you can't really tell the difference from the square thumbnail). It would be awesome to have an option to display the photos in their actual proportions.
    Currently to get around this, I have a photo viewer open on my computer alongside of Flickr. In Flickr I have to hover over the photo to see the file name so I know which photo I'm editing--again this could…

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clicking onto my photostream shows 2 images side by side, I prefer 3 side by side.

3 images side by side is far better than 2 side by side.

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want "featured" photos even less than "recommended" photos

Stop with the "featured" photos! Since I can't "x" them off of my feed, I hate them even more than I hate the "recommended' photos! Stop this invasion of my feed for the sake of possible "engagement" with photos I would never want to see in the first place.
    This new company is not Oath, it is OAFS!

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I wish there was a way to drag images from google drive into flickr

open files/images in google drive and drag them into flickr folders

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to permanently hide specific users from search results

It would be so helpful if there was an option to not just temporarily hide a user's images from search results, but hide them permanently.

When I'm looking for a certain kind of photo, sometimes I'll try many different combinations of tags. I don't want to click and hide 100 spam/pinup/Second Life accounts for every particular search. If I know a user posts nothing but inappropriate or irrelevant content, it would be nice to just hide them from all future searches.

This issue makes it hard to use Flickr sometimes. I know you guys keep closing the requests asking about…

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mac OS El Capitan Flickr Account

Ich kann mich mit Safari in meinen Flickr account einloggen, aber in Mac OS El Capitan in den Systemeinstellungen meinen Flickr Account nicht verbinden. Gleicher Benutzername richveraguth@yahoo.de und gleiches Passwort

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Comment Stats for Groups

I teach online illustration studio courses at two universities in the States. When tabulating final grades, I must comb through hundreds of my student's posts to count feedback entries. A stat tool in groups counting comment stats for each user would be extremely, extremely useful.

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. image removed message

I would like a feature whereby if an image is removed from a group by the admin then the photographer receive's a message from flickr

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collections will Improve Digital Asset Management

My company uses Flickr for digital asset management. It does the job, but would function much better if collections were more prominently featured on the top navigation bar and in profiles.

It makes no sense to have albums as the primary page when albums live within collections.

I've seen many users asking for this for years! Why has Flickr not made this change? It will benefit Flickr to capitalize on this service.

Please make this change! It will enhance the user experience tenfold!

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flickr Photo Editor

The new Flickr photo editor fulfills a great need for online photo editing after the discontinuation of the online Aviary photo editing facilitation.

However, there are a few critical requirements that need to be urgently considered for improving the utility of this new tool:

*Provision of a cropping grid with standard formats such as one-thirds, center-lines.

*Provision of a perspective control tool or straightening tool.

*Facilitation for scaling down images to standard display sizes such as 1024x, 2048x.

*A watermarking tool.

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Administrators to move images (reorder them)

There are times when members post images before a new theme begins. I would like to be able to move those forward or move others from the previous theme backwards (whichever is easier) so that everything in one theme will be together.

I can move images to re-order them in my own albums, so the technology to do this exists.

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the profile section I suggest that we should be able to choose in what order the images appear.

In the section of images that we create ourselves in our own profiles, I suggest that we should be able to choose in what order the images appear.

For example:
    Oldest taken
    Newest taken
    Newest posted
    Oldest posted
    Most faves first
    Least faves first
    Most views first
    east views first

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Choosing the pics displayed on your pool

I wish there was an option to let us select the pictures we want to show at our POOL.

i'll describe a situation as an example:

I like photographing cars and aircraft, and I upload my pics on my Flickr page. I like showing my portfolio to my friends, so I always send them the URL of my Flickr page. However, let's imagine that i've also photographed a friend's birthday or wedding party, and i've uploaded more than 100 pics of the party on my Flickr page, creating an album for these pics.

These party pics would be visible on…

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base