US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Albums as DEFAULT instead of Photostream

Hi! Photostream is a mess, while I like organized Albums much better. Can you change that flickr.com/photos/USERNAME takes the visitor to Albums as default instead of Photostream? Or at least a Setting where UPLOADERS can choose wheter the visitor will be taken to Photostream or to Albums as default when they type flickr.com/photos/UPLOADERNAME into the browser? This would greatly improve the experience.

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to feature sets or albums on home-page or on about-page

i think that galleries are such a beautiful feature with often very low attention. (even though they've got their own navigation button :-) - !!)
    what if you could feature not only single photos on your "about" page (or even on the main photostream?) but also your gallery of the week, or some of your sets?

202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please stop with putting "recommended" photos from random people in my feed. I only want to see my friends and family not the whole world!!!

Please do not put "recommended" photos in my feed. It is annoying!!! Please stop! You didn't even ask if we wanted this!

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. subcategory Groups

hi flickr team , might be a good idea to order their group category ? and then upload the photo by selecting the category that contains all the desired groups .
    Thanks Andrea

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like to be able to organize photo in group in certain order.

Would like to have capability to organize photos we add into group and create an album.

47th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Groups have no owners

Groups whose owners were deleted or otherwise abandoned the group leaves it in a state that excludes owner permissions. Spammers join and abuse the group email with no way to stop it. Also, people aren't able to be approved for membership when required.

There needs to be way for moderators and members to gain/upgrade to ownership in event there is no owner or the current owner(s) haven't been active in the group for a period of time.

Please fix this.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way to remove GROUPS from my Flickr Feed

The new Flickr Feed page is TERRIBLE. I don't want to keep up the random posts to a ton of groups. I do want to keep up with a very SELECT group of PEOPLE I follow--there's a big difference between the two. The developers can go off on their merry tangents, just give us a way to arrange things the way WE like. Seem's fair enough to me!

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Last comment to people list

Under "PEOPLE >LIST" it is listed when they post an image last, How many images they have posted, when you added them, etc. Please add "When they commented on your photo stream last"

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If Someone Loves My Photo Enough To Add It As A Favorite, They Should Also Post A Comment

People are often adding my photos as favorites, but the people do NOT always comment. I think that Flickr should make a new rule about people being obligated to always post kind comments on anyone else's photo that they love enough to add it as a favorite. If someone loves my photo enough to add it to their list of favorites, then that person should also post a comment. Isn't this fair?

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need options for page layout.

Please bring back to feature to choose our page layout. I want to be able to have the albums of the first page of my stream.

For some of us, the albums and collections are a huge part of the creativity of our photography. The way it is set up, people rarely click on the albums anymore. They just scroll through the photostream, which is not as interesting if you ask me.

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. random slide show

would love to be able to view random pix from photostream or customize within sets or groups

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When someone searches your name, make it able so you can choose what page that person will see first: Collections, albums, etc...

When someone searches your name, make it able so you can choose what page that person will see first: Collections, albums, etc...

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option To Go Back To Previous Style

You keep making changes that get worse and once we get used to the new change you make another. The new recent activity is horrible and not user friendly. It was nice to have the notifications and newly uploaded pics in one spot now i have to go into another area to look at notifications. In the old design it was easy to like we didn't even have to click on the image to like it and there were thumbnail views of multiple uploaded pics we could choose to look at IF we wanted to, this is just a bunch…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  108 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Flickr Photo Editor

The new Flickr photo editor fulfills a great need for online photo editing after the discontinuation of the online Aviary photo editing facilitation.

However, there are a few critical requirements that need to be urgently considered for improving the utility of this new tool:

*Provision of a cropping grid with standard formats such as one-thirds, center-lines.

*Provision of a perspective control tool or straightening tool.

*Facilitation for scaling down images to standard display sizes such as 1024x, 2048x.

*A watermarking tool.

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. the link "all photos and videos" on the stat pages doesn't work

let us have the all photos and videos displayed again

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do not put a footer at the bottom of an infinitely scrolling page

There are various places where a page incorporates both infinitely scrolling content and a footer with links that the user may want to access. Those two paradigms do not work together. An example is the main page, https://flickr.com when logged in. As I scroll down to get to a link in the footer, more content loads in pushing the footer below the fold. This makes the footer inaccessible and unusable on the page.

Possible Solutions:
    * Move the footer to a side menu or a menu accessible from a header bar. Anywhere where the content will not be scrolled out…

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a Group Founder Category For All Groups

This has been brought up, discussed, and requested repeatedly over the last decade, yet Flickr has done absolutely nothing to fix the situation and address the issues with rogue administrators that at some point just take over a group and will not cooperate with any of the other admins who are trying to keep the group on track with its intended purpose!

As a group founder you may or may not have experienced this issue as of yet, but if you have granted admin privileges or intend to grant admin privileges to any member of your group, be forewarned that…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Explore Fairer

Been on Flickr since 2008 and i have just about had enough.
    Only 2 pictures on explore this year when i was averaging 10-2.
    Uploading around 10 images per week and regally visiting groups commenting on many others images on explore and other users streams.
    Seeing many of my followers and friends getting on explore just makes my blood boil.
    Explore is driving me insane.

127th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New desktop edit. I cannot see save button when i crop a pic.

New desktop edit. I cannot see save button when i crop a pic.

278th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base