US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a column within our personal Photostreams page in the "Following" link that show people that no longer follow you...

People “Follow” you and after you have followed them back they drop you. This causes them to have large numbers that follow them but few they follow (because they drop their followers without them being aware). I guess they think this makes them look impressive. I don't want to follow people like this. I block them. I have to determine who they are by comparing every person in my "Followed" list against the list showing who follows me. This is time consuming. There should be a status in our list of people we follow that shows people that have dropped…

112th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Choose auto-uploadr folders

Let us choose which folder(s) to be uploaded automatically!
      Now EVERYTHING on my phone is being uploaded, which is utterly STUPID! I want to use Flickr for my PHOTOS, not every screenshot and download I make on my phone.

91st ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Flickr app- Should be able to embed photos into group discussions.

It is really frustrating to not be able to embed photos into group discussions via phone. Many groups would benefit from this. I am in a daily photo journal group, and can only work on it from my desktop at home.

There should be an easy way to copy the HTML for different sizes (or even if just set on medium 500) in the app.

42nd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Please stop with putting "recommended" photos from random people in my feed. I only want to see my friends and family not the whole world!!!

Please do not put "recommended" photos in my feed. It is annoying!!! Please stop! You didn't even ask if we wanted this!

2nd ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think it would be lovely if we could log in to our Flickr accounts by putting in our username and password only. No email is required, because sometimes people forget which email they put down, but people tend to remember their usernames. Nobody can have the same username as anyone else, so why not make life easier for everybody? Yeah? I'm down with it, at least (:

(please do this. please.)

19th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Automatic Album sort by newest to oldest in albums

Photos should automatically sort by newest to oldest in albums. It is SO frustrating that I have to edit the arrangement after every upload. Why can't I choose a default for every upload?

112th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • newsletter's layout

Hey! I think you should change the recents uploads newsletter's layout! The images are so small! I know you can do it better! tks

112th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • adding members to a group

The overall groups experience is non-intuitive and very cumbersome.

Creating a group with the appropriate type - private, semi-private, public - is confusing. Private groups being non-discoverable, I needed to convert it to searchable (semi-private) which was not possible. So I had to create a brand new group. There's no way to "clone" a group, so I had to try and get everyone from the old group signed into the new group.
                  Which brought me to the "searching for people" experience, which is quite lacking. Most members I searched for could not be found (perhaps they're private too). So now…

112th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 6th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Way too many large photos when I open my main page .. much too confusing to concentrate on a single photo with al the rest saying me me me

When I open my page it is much too confusing to concentrate on a single photo with all the rest of those too large photos saying me me me !!! ... and the constant scrolling to get anywhere ... is not only annoying but tedious .... do you people go out of your way to constantly annoy us with every brilliant scheme and change? ... HERE is a very simple plan a monkey could figure out .... put out a BETA format and let every paying customer vote! ... I am not the only one paying out of my pocket…

34th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Unable to favorite or comment in Photostream when Multiple photos

When 2 or more photos are displayed from the same person there is no option to favorite or comment. You need to open these in a new window to do this. Better to be able to do this from the Photostream main page as before. This still works for single photos just not when there are 2 or more from the same person

32nd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Too many clicks to see photo details

When you click a photo there should be a way to see the details. With the current change you need to click the photo and then click the photographer to get to their stream, then re-click the photo you were just looking at to see the details. Suggest adding an icon (i) maybe, on the banner at the bottom where you click favorite, forward etc. so you can jump directly to the narrative and EXIF, location etc.

24th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • front cover

I think it would be great ,if we had the option of a front cover for our photosream . Many members have a great amount of photos in their photostreams and tend to take photos of varius subjects wich change after sometime . The consept of the front cover is simple . You got a page (lets say no more than 50 photos ), where a personal selection of your photos is showcased in order to show other flickr members the range of your work . eg Your personal favourites of your photostream or one photo of each place you…

21st ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • update on mac software has stopped uplaoder operating, when will this be fixed?

When will the uploader be updated, since the latest mac software update it has ceased operating

42nd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Option To Go Back To Previous Style

You keep making changes that get worse and once we get used to the new change you make another. The new recent activity is horrible and not user friendly. It was nice to have the notifications and newly uploaded pics in one spot now i have to go into another area to look at notifications. In the old design it was easy to like we didn't even have to click on the image to like it and there were thumbnail views of multiple uploaded pics we could choose to look at IF we wanted to, this is just a bunch…

1st ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Gathering feedback  ·  74 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Video Section

Please add a video section separate from the photostream and albums so that I can exclusively access my videos and the option to organize them by date taken or uploaded.

34th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Please add an “empty cache” to the Flickr iOS app

The Flickr iOS app can easily cache hundreds of megabytes on the iPhone. Please give users the ability to clear the cache in the settings.

17th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Make Explore Great Again

Maybe make the criteria to get into Explore less opaque?

Flickr guards this like it's KFC's seven spices, but that just frustrates users over seemingly senseless, unstated rules. If photos with borders are not permitted, why not state that? If adding photos to lots of groups lowers its viability, why not tell users that? It's ridiculous.

No wonder people resort to following thousands of accounts for exposure - that seems to be the only surefire way to hit Explore, while everyone else's photos are only seen by their followers and people who browse group pools.

10th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add a Like feature like on Facebook

I would like to have a Like feature like Facebook has where you can like it, love it, laugh at it, dislike it, etc, without having it added to your favorites.

58th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • NEW — Notification Center Here, you'll fi... QUIT THIS Annoying pop-up please!!

PLEEEEASE QUIT THIS ANNOYING POP-UP ON THE LAPTOP. The tablet and phone don't have it so it is possible. Can I please use Flickr on the laptop again without this message popping up again and again and again? Please. It's almost unworkable like this.

NEW — Notification Center

Here, you'll find notifications of your recent activity on Flickr. This includes easy access to FlickrMail. We think you'll enjoy what we've built so far.

71st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base